Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree288Likes

Thread: L'Wren Scott, g/f of Mick Jagger, dead of apparent suicide

There is a copy of her will over here if any one is interested.

L'Wren Scott leaves entire $9M estate to Mick Jagger | Page Six

Silver Member

They need to let her rest in peace now. I will say, mick jagger didn't need anymore money. She should've left it to an animal shelter.

Thinking this over,it seems to me that her money she had worked so hard for was just an expression of how much he meant to her. Just a concrete statement of how she had total trust in him. No,he didn't need it. He did need to see just how much she cared, in her mind. His children and grandchildren were her real family,to her.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Silver Member

I agree it was to show she cared. It's odd but I have a coworker who recently debated naming her 70 yr old grandmother beneficiary on insurance. She questioned it due to age. Isn't Mick 70? I hope he gives it to charity!

It will be used to pay her creditors and the lawyers.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by penname View Post
    It's curious that this has occurred more than once. Either he's drawn to women who have this particular vulnerability (and perhaps explains why he married thankfully tougher nuts) or - as per the press implication - he drives them to it. Personally, I find it hard to imagine that infidelity would be the chief reason. I would have thought that it's more likely to drive women to murder than suicide (or is that just me?!?) So is there another suggestion, perhaps - that he's somehow mentally or emotionally abusive?

I'm sorry that a beautiful and talented woman felt so desperate and hopeless that she killed herself, but I'd guess this had more to do with wider issues of money, shame and feelings of abandonment, loneliness and despair than the fact that her permanently priapic boyfriend was still dipping his wick elsewhere after 10+ years.

I don't care for Mick Jagger myself, but a man who can inspire the kind of long-term love and devotion displayed by some of his partners (and in spite of his womanizing) perhaps can't be all bad. On the other hand, wives and girlfriends often go back to abusive men for many years before they finally give up, so maybe that's rubbish. Still, regardless of whether he was or wasn't partly to blame, if there's any normal decency left in the man he'll at least feel guilty - if not for causing it, then for not having done enough to prevent it.
    There's an article somewhere about L'Wren allegedly saying Mick had said he would never be with a woman in her fifties and she killed herself at 49. Like many a rock star, he seems to make women feel deeply insecure. It will be interesting to see who he attaches himself to next and if he does things differently.

Rolling Stones to resume world tour with Sir Mick Jagger in May... following the tragic suicide of L'Wren Scott

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
    PUBLISHED: 12:15, 1 April 2014 | UPDATED: 14:29, 2 April 2014

The Rolling Stones are to return to touring late next month following the postponement of a string of shows in the wake of the suicide of Sir Mick Jagger's long-term girlfriend L'Wren Scott.

The band have announced new dates in Europe, with their live performances now due to resume on May 26 at Norway's Telenor Arena in Oslo.

The Stones had been poised to give details of the shows when fashion designer Scott tragically took her own life in her New York apartment just over a fortnight ago.

+4

They'll be back! The Rolling Stones are to return to touring late next month following the postponement of a string of shows in the wake of the suicide of Sir Mick Jagger's long-term girlfriend L'Wren Scott

Sir Mick, together with bandmates Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood, called off their Australian tour as they came to terms with their loss.

The 70-year-old rocker headed to California with members of his family and a private funeral was held for 49-year-old Scott in Los Angeles last week.

The newly-announced dates are part of the group's 14 On Fire tour which will also see a night each in Portugal, Switzerland, Israel, the Netherlands, Germany, France, Austria, Germany, Italy, Spain, Belgium and Sweden, finishing in Denmark on July 3.

+4

Tragic: Scott, both a designer and a veteran stylist, killed herself on March 17. A medical examiner ruled her death was by hanging

No UK date has been announced at this stage, although the conclusion of the current series of dates would leave them free to perform at the British Summer Time Festival in London's Hyde Park.
    The Jumpin Jack Flash hitmakers performed two nights at the UK music event last year, which runs from July 4 to 13.

Scott, both a designer and a veteran stylist, killed herself on March 17. A medical examiner ruled her death was by hanging.

+4

Sad loss: Sir Mick, together with bandmates Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood, called off their Australian tour as they came to terms with their loss

At 8.30am on the morning of her death, Scott is believed to have texted her assistant, Brittany Penebre, to 'come by' her Chelsea apartment at 10am. Penebre then made the baffling discovery.

Scott was reportedly days away from filing for bankruptcy on her self-titled fashion label.

Jagger has been comforted by his daughters and has split his time between his eldest daughter Karis' Los Angeles home and the Four Seasons Hotel in the wake of the tragedy.

+4

Talented: The newly-announced dates are part of the group's 14 On Fire tour which will also see a night each in Portugal, Switzerland, Israel, the Netherlands, Germany, France, Austria, Germany, Italy, Spain, Belgium and Sweden, finishing in Denmark on July 3

Read more: Rolling Stones to resume world tour with Sir Mick Jagger in May... following the tragic suicide of L'Wren Scott | Mail Online

He really has no choice. So many obligations. Poor man.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

'She was such a big part of my life': Georgia May Jagger pays tribute to L'Wren Scott as she opens up about her father's girlfriend's death for the first time

By FAY STRANG
    PUBLISHED: 11:52, 16 April 2014 | UPDATED: 12:10, 16 April 2014

Model Georgia May Jagger has paid tribute to L'Wren Scott.

The model posted a moving message about her father Sir Mick Jagger's late girlfriend on her Instagram account, praising the fashion designer for being such an important part of their family and expressing her sadness at their loss.
    Sharing a picture of L'Wren posing on her the red carpet next to her, Georgia wrote: ‘I miss L'wren so much and I am so sad she isn't here anymore.

+6

Tribute: Georgia May Jagger shared this picture of herself with L'Wren Scott as she paid tribute to her

‘She was such a big part of my life. I will never forget all the fun times we had together. She was part of our family and always will be. Rest in peace.’

The 22-year-old beauty's followers offered their sincere condolences to the Jagger family. One Instagram user wrote, 'So sad! Beautiful words, Georgia', while another said, 'She was a beautiful and talented lady. Prayers to you!!'
    This is the first time Georgia - whose mother is Mick's ex-wife Jerry Hall - has spoken publicly about L'Wren's death since the star was found dead after committing suicide in her New York apartment last month.

+6

Get the London look: Georgia was joined on set by real life boyfriend Josh McLellan while she filmed a new Rimmel advert on Tuesday

The image sees the model and L'Wren smiling broadly while both dressed in glamorous sequined dresses at the Serpentine Gallery Summer Party in 2013, which was hosted by L'Wren.

Georgia is wearing her trademark red lipstick and bright red frock, while the fashion designer looks stunning in a gold gown.

The model-turned-designer, who was aged just 49, was remembered with a funeral service in Los Angeles and her ashes have been divided between Utah, where she was laid to rest close to her parents, and with her partner of 13 years, Rolling Stones frontman Mick.
    On Tuesday Georgia eased back into her role as Rimmel ambassador following the tragedy and was seen shooting the new commercial in London.

+6

+6

Back to work: Georgia showed off her very flat stomach as shooting got under way

+6

Never forget: Georgia said she will always remember all the fun times they had together

Georgia was joined on set by co-star and real life boyfriend Josh McLellan, who looked like a fifties greaser in his white T-shirt, dark blue jeans and white tube socks while idling next to a stationary motorcycle
    Her return to work comes as Ronnie Wood’s stepson Jamie, 39, claims there is still a ‘question mark’ over the famous fashion designer’s death.
    Jamie Wood – whose step-father Ronnie is in a band with Mick, said: ‘No one knows what happened. It’s always such a shock when someone does that.

'I think there is still a bit of a question mark over [her death]'
    He added: ‘We’ve known her a long time. We’re all very sorry for him; we’ve all sent messages.’

+6

Family: Jewelry designer Jade Jagger, L'Wren Scott, Georgia rand singer Mick Jagger attended the annual Serpentine Gallery Summer Party together last year

Read more: Georgia May Jagger pays tribute to L'Wren Scott as she opens up about her father's girlfriend's death for the first time | Mail Online

L'Wren Scott's fashion label 'to be saved by Selfridges director on two-year lease'

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
    PUBLISHED: 02:00, 25 May 2014 | UPDATED: 02:00, 25 May 2014

The eponymous fashion label belonging to Mick Jagger's late girlfriend, L'Wren Scott, is to be rescued from closure.
    According to a report in The Sun, the company - which owed more than £5 million to creditors - will be taken under the wing of John Hoffman, a director at Selfridges.
    They state the deal will last for two years.

+3

Mick Jagger, right, with designer LíWren Scott after her Fall 2012 collection was released

Apparently, L'Wren's brother - Randall Brambrough, 58 - has already had meetings with the store owner and agreed the terms of a lease.
    He was appointed as director to her company in October.

A source told The Sun: 'John wants to keep L'Wren's legacy as a fashion designer going by reviving her company, but it'll be an uphill struggle.'
    The news comes two months after tragic L'Wren was found dead in her Manhattan apartment in March.

+3

together: At the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute gala benefit

The last accounts for her business, filed in the UK in October 2013, show that the company, LS Fashion LTD, had a deficit of $5,899,548 (4,237,164 Euros), with the designer owing creditors $7.641 million (euros 5,488,125)
    However, in recent years, her company’s debts had doubled year-on-year - a downward spiral that showed no sign of stopping.

In 2009, the debt stood at $2,120,015.67, and by 2010 it had grown to $3,063,160.87.

The Mail on Sunday has learned that the designer secretly remortgaged the luxury Manhattan apartment for $1.2million (£700,000) then asked Jagger to bail her out in February last year, triggering an argument.
    MailOnline have contacted a representaive for the L'wren Scott line and are waiting for a response

+3

Fashionable: Mick and L'Wren attend the 3rd Annual Finch's Quarterly Review Filmmakers Dinner

Read more: L'Wren Scott's fashion label 'to be saved by Selfridges director on two-year lease' | Mail Online

Looks like Mick is wearing wedges in this picture.

The only thing I will remember about her is the text she sent her assistant. Come find me dead and do your best with public relations in between your hysteria and tears as you find me blue, cold, and dead. I waited two months to say that.
    sluce likes this.

If i was her assistant i would take a couple of pictures and sell it to the highest bidder..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    The only thing I will remember about her is the text she sent her assistant. Come find me dead and do your best with public relations in between your hysteria and tears as you find me blue, cold, and dead. I waited two months to say that.
    is that true?

So fucking dramatic.

Thread Information