Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Like Tree251Likes

Thread: Luke Perry Suffers 'Massive Stroke', Currently Hospitalized

Matter of taste, I guess. I found Jason Priestley and Bryan Austin Green horribly ugly myself. I hated Priestley's eyebrows and BAG as David Silver had a completely punchable face. As for Ian Ziering, I don't think he was supposed to be attractive. He was just sort of there as a sidekick. I liked his character, I must be the sole Steve fan in existence because I always tended to root for the underdog and he was so pathetic it was making me protective of him. But I never found him attractive and definitely never bought him as a teenager. I think the most believable as teens were Shannen Doherty, Jennie Garth, Bryan Austin Green and Jason Priestley. All of the others looked ridiculous. Actually, at the time, I remember a friend's father wouldn't let her watch it because those two girls were fighting over Dylan and he thought he was the gym teacher.
    HWBL and louiswinthorpe111 like this.
    Your bum has feelings, your bum is a part of you
    Don’t put it on chairs, your bum has an opinion, yeah

I never watched 90210, it must have been on the same time as something else I liked at the time. Luke seems to have aged badly. I bet we will find out something crucial to his death as we always do. Maybe an undiagnosed clot disease or diabetes. My heart breaks for the person that was with him at the time that this happened. It must have been shocking. Sounds like he was a very kind person....we lose him but the rusty old monster in the WH lives on. Life is truly unfair.
    HWBL likes this.

never watched tv in general but i remember my girls and my mom watching,myself passing by and teasing them .my mom lusting over *the blond one* and my youngest in her tiny panties holding a newspaper up and stomping all over the kitchen shouting Donna Martin graduates..lol
    Sunnygirl likes this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

czb

i am the same vintage as HWBL and i watched it for the first few seasons. don't think watched it after they graduated HS. i thought it was fun and liked brenda and dylan as a couple. the smart girl (can't remember her name) looked old enough to be a graduate school TA.
    sputnik, HWBL and Beeyotch like this.

RIP, Luke. You seemed like the sweetest guy on the planet. I'm so sad for his family especially his kids. Oh and Team Brenda and Dylan forever!!!!
    weathered1 likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    the smart girl (can't remember her name) looked old enough to be a graduate school TA.
    well, she was 29-30 when they filmed the first season...
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

yeah, i know. that was some odd casting!
    sputnik and holly like this.

Aaron Spelling made great TV but this casting (from the age perspective) was odd, but possibly he knew having been in the business so long it was easier not to have minors on set and dealing with annoying stage parents, maybe he thought there would be less fighting on set too? I’ve noticed that Disney Channel lets their child stars go when they become of age because they can no longer control their “clean” image. I can’t believe I have never read the biographies about this show. Would love to hear about the gossip, etc. I thought I heard rumor Shannon and Jason hooked up first season. I also thought it was interesting that I just learned that only David Silver, Brandon Walsh and Brandon’s dad were the only cast mates who attended Luke’s wedding.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl View Post
    Aaron Spelling made great TV but this casting (from the age perspective) was odd, but possibly he knew having been in the business so long it was easier not to have minors on set and dealing with annoying stage parents, maybe he thought there would be less fighting on set too? I’ve noticed that Disney Channel lets their child stars go when they become of age because they can no longer control their “clean” image. I can’t believe I have never read the biographies about this show. Would love to hear about the gossip, etc. I thought I heard rumor Shannon and Jason hooked up first season. I also thought it was interesting that I just learned that only David Silver, Brandon Walsh and Brandon’s dad were the only cast mates who attended Luke’s wedding.
    I think it makes sense to cast young adults, rather than teenagers for these shows -- if you can get someone that actually looks in the age range -- like Topher Grace, and some of the other ones on That 70's Show. For one, you know that a cast member isn't going to leave to go to college, and you don't have to deal with child labor laws when shooting episodes.

My criteria for tv then and now was if there were cute guys, I was watching. I was a frequent summer guest in Rehoboth Beach, Maryland. There were twin beds in the room and the other roomie (male, age 40) was in love with Brandon so I got him this and he put in on the bed.

Dylan had one too of course

Speaking of Rehoboth Beach, my parents (who had good friends there), took us there all the way through our childhood. When Mrs Mo and I got married with no money and no real preparation, my parents' friends had us over several days for our "honeymoon". And now, we take our own kids to all the same places there.
    Novice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    My criteria for tv then and now was if there were cute guys, I was watching. I was a frequent summer guest in Rehoboth Beach, Maryland. There were twin beds in the room and the other roomie (male, age 40) was in love with Brandon so I got him this and he put in on the bed.

Dylan had one too of course

OMG, a friend got me that Dylan pillow. I'm having such a flashback right now. What did I ever do with that?
    sputnik likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Hahahahaha there were Dylan heart shaped pillows? Amazing
    Waterslide likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

God, I think they sold them at Target. I can't even right now.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread Information