Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Like Tree251Likes

Thread: Luke Perry Suffers 'Massive Stroke', Currently Hospitalized

I didn’t realize he had a fiancé. She must be devastated. I remember reading the story way back when about how he met his first wife. She was a fan and mailed him a pair of her underwear. They got engaged pretty quickly after first meeting

Luke Perry’s fiancé is a Beverly Hills family therapist

By Tamar Lapin

March 4, 2019 | 7:51pm

Luke Perry and Wendy Madison Bauer

Sara De Boer/startraksphoto.com

MORE ON:

LUKE PERRY

Luke Perry's best movie and TV show roles

Luke Perry had cancer scare before fatal stroke

'Riverdale' production suspended following Luke Perry's death

Molly Ringwald, Charlie Sheen mourn death of Luke Perry

Actor Luke Perry was engaged to a Beverly Hills family therapist when he died Monday.

Wendy Madison Bauer’s engagement to the star was only announced after Perry’s death, in a statement from the 52-year-old actor’s publicist.
    It’s unclear how long the lovebirds were together, though they were pictured holding hands in 2017 at the GLAAD Media Awards.
    The 44-year-old Bauer, who once had small roles in TV shows such as “The Mentalist” and “Crash,” now runs her own private marriage and family therapy practice. She specializes in working with adults, teens and couples who suffer from anxiety, according to her LinkedIn.

She was at the actor’s bedside when he passed, along with his ex-wife Minnie Sharp, and his two children with Sharp: Jake, 21, and Sophie, 18.
    Sharp, a onetime furniture saleswoman, wed Perry in 1993 at the height of his fame. About 50 family members and friends attended the private wedding at the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills, including Perry’s “Beverly Hills 90210” co-stars Jason Priestly, James Eckhouse and Brian Austin Green, according to People. Perry’s mother and stepfather, Ann and Steve Bennett, were also present.

“She will be good for Luke,” “90210” creator Aaron Spelling told USA Today at the time, referring to Sharp. “She’s not in show business. Her head is on really straight.”

The pair lived together in a house in the San Fernando Valley with Perry’s three Vietnamese potbellied pigs. They divorced in 2003 and shared custody of their kids.

“Luke was a super great, very hands-on dad,” a source told People. “He was always attending his kids’ school and after-school functions when they were younger. He loved just hanging out with them and being present. He was so proud of everything they accomplished.”
    Perry’s son Jake is an aspiring wrestler who goes by the name “Jungle Boy Nate Coy” and recently signed with All Elite Wrestling. His dad was spotted documenting one of Jake’s matches last year.

Meanwhile, Sophie Perry has spent at least the last month volunteering in Malawi, according to her Instagram.
    In June, she posted a photo of her dad kissing her cheek ahead of her senior prom.

Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

^^I can’t edit my last post but his daughter looks exactly like her mom- his ex wife. Here she is below.

From reading all the press about his untimely passing, it is clear he made a huge impact on Hollywood. It’s so sweet to read all these great stories. I bet if they hold a large funeral and not just for immediate family, it will be standing room only. He deserves nothing less.

They also better scrap the 90210 reboot. The fact he had the stroke the same day they announced the reboot was so eerie. Does anyone Remember the storyline on 90210 after he nearly OD’d and was in a coma and he dreamed about his past life with Kelly and that is how he knew they were destined to be together? I always wondered if they had a relationship in real life, especially after he divorced his first wife and she divorced Peter. I wondered if they thought about getting together during that time. They were picture an awful lot together during that time too.

I'mNotBitter likes this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

This is just creepy. The article announcing the 90210 reboot stated Luke died 2 days before his death was confirmed. The article first posted on March 1 then updated on March 2 stating Luke had already died.

The Stars Have Aligned! Here's Everyone Coming Back For the Beverly Hills, 90210 Revival

March 2, 2019by MEKISHANA PIERRE
    First Published: March 1, 2019

3K Shares

Image Sources: Getty / Joe Maher, Getty / Tibrina Hobson and Getty / Paul Archuleta

The Beverly Hills, 90210 gang is coming back — though not in the way we originally expected. Instead of the initially assumed reboot that would bring back the cast as their iconic characters, the revival — which has officially been ordered at Fox — will see original series cast members playing exaggerated versions of themselves in an hour-long mockumentary-style dramedy. The group reunites to work out a 90210 reboot but run into drama before they can actually get anything off the ground.

It's been confirmed that Jennie Garth, Jason Priestley, Tori Spelling, Ian Ziering, Brian Austin Green, and Gabrielle Carteris are all returning for the six-episode revival, while notable alum Shannen Doherty is currently not attached to the project, though the network has left the option open for her to appear. Luke Perry will not be part of the revival as he died after suffering a massive stroke before production began.

Check out who will be returning to bring us a different side of Beverly Hills ahead!
    Related:

-Prince Rogers Nelson

I think he was on life support but they should have waited for the family to officially announce it. Very unfortunate timing.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    I think he was on life support but they should have waited for the family to officially announce it. Very unfortunate timing.
    Yeah, someone from the care team or close to the family must have blabbed that there was no hope but before the immediate family were ready to say goodbye and turn off life support.

A really, really shitty thing to do, IMHO.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Sweet tribute from rapper Biz Markie.

RIP Luke Perry, who defined early 90s cool, a deeply underrated actor whose Dylan McKay unfairly overshadowed all future roles. And for good reason, the James Dean comparisons may have been hyperbolic but weren't incorrect. May he blissfully surf in Baja for infinity.

Replying to
    @Passionweiss

This 1992 Eve Babitz article about Luke Perry, Jason Priestley and the (then) new crop of James Dean heirs perfectly captures that moment when Beverly Hills 90210 and Dylan ruled the world.. (link: https://classic.esquire.com/article/...ight-be-giants) classic.esquire.com/article/1992/5…

THEY MIGHT BE GIANTSEVE BABITZ MAY 1 1992

THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS

Or maybe they just look like the new James Dean

MAY 11992 EVE BABITZ

https://classic.esquire.com/article/...ight-be-giants
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Wow, his daughter really is her mom's clone! Unreal.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Wow, his daughter really is her mom's clone! Unreal.
    So is the son - remember, he is some kind of pro wrestler:

I'mNotBitter likes this.

That's a boy? Wow. Not to dish the deceased, but I think they're lucky they look like their mom.
    Brookie and I'mNotBitter like this.

***** celeb

That's a boy? Wow. Not to dish the deceased, but I think they're lucky they look like their mom.
    I don't think Luke would take offense - I say the same thing about my own kids....

I have this sick feeling the 90210 reboot will capitalize on his death and write it in the script somehow. If the show does go forward they would have to at least mention it. From reading that article I didn’t realize the show’s premise is like a “making of a reboot” so they are playing themselves as they shoot the reboot of the old show. Tori Spelling is broke as shit so Inknow she will battle for this to the bitter end and figure out a way to write her slimy husband into the show too.
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    I was 12 when 90210 came out. I had such a massive crush on Dylan/Luke, my brother and sister actually sent me their condolences today and I suspect they were only half joking.
    I got quite a few texts from old friends because they knew how much I loved Dylan/Luke. I guess in a good way I've connected with childhood friends. I'm the no kid person, so it was hard to connect with them spawning out children, but Dylan/Luke brought us back together.
    sputnik and kersalli like this.

the daughter, maybe. but i think luke perry was way hotter than his son.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

God he was absolutely gorgeous, I thought you were joking HWBL
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

^No, sorry, not my taste. Like I said, I never watched the show; only saw some brief clips like previews and of course loads of pictures. Of the lot, I thought Priestley and the younger guy, I believe his name is Green, were the best looking. Never understood what was supposed to be attractive about the blond guy, Ziering, but then I don't go for blonds. Like many, I also thought they all just looked too old to be teens. I'm one of the very few who didn't watch the show when it was hot, just like I'm one of the very few who hasn't seen or read any of the Harry Potter movies/books.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

***** celeb

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread Information