Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Luke Perry Suffers 'Massive Stroke', Currently Hospitalized

One of my co-workers had a stroke at work. She is only around 32 now and this had to be 5 years ago. She told me that she was just standing and talking when suddenly it was like a shade went down over one eye and she couldn’t see anything out of that eye or move that side of her body. She had no idea what was happening. When she described it, I was so horrified. Especially because she was so young. Strokes are common in my family. Scary stuff.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

A dear friend of mine had a stroke at 31 while playing backgammon. They found a genetic cause to it. She lost the use of her left arm/hand and left leg. She was a successful artist that was left handed. After surgery and much rehab she started painting with her right hand and became incredibly talented. She still shuffles with her left leg....sometimes skipping while she walks. Holds her left arm bent and against her body. It is just a support tool to this day 30 years later.
    Lofty Bike and MsDark like this.

^^^My twin brother is currently awaiting his test results. From our fathers side, our grandparents, uncle and father all died from strokes/complications due to a stroke and my brother recently suffered from thrombosis resulting in pulmonary embolism. If he has the genetic cause, I have to sit down and decide if I want to know or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    ^^^My twin brother is currently awaiting his test results. From our fathers side, our grandparents, uncle and father all died from strokes/complications due to a stroke and my brother recently suffered from thrombosis resulting in pulmonary embolism. If he has the genetic cause, I have to sit down and decide if I want to know or not.
    Knowledge is power, better to know and be able to have frequent checkups and preventive treatments than be a sitting duck. Besides, if you find out the genetic cause skipped you, you'll know you won't have to worry and it will be a load off!!
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Knowledge is power, better to know and be able to have frequent checkups and preventive treatments than be a sitting duck. Besides, if you find out the genetic cause skipped you, you'll know you won't have to worry and it will be a load off!!
    Thank you for this thoughtful reply.
    I'd agree with all the points you make, but I'm still dealing with the aftereffects of a rather severe depression that gifted me a somatic symptom disorder. Knowledge will be either power - or my brain will start telling my body to behave like something is wrong. I made good progress over the years, but it's still truce, not victory, I have to be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    Thank you for this thoughtful reply.
    I'd agree with all the points you make, but I'm still dealing with the aftereffects of a rather severe depression that gifted me a somatic symptom disorder. Knowledge will be either power - or my brain will start telling my body to behave like something is wrong. I made good progress over the years, but it's still truce, not victory, I have to be careful.
    I am sorry, I know depression makes things more tricky. I have GAD and go into panic mode about pretty much everything health-related and other minor issues too. It sucks!!
    Lofty Bike likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

When I was 16, my mom was diagnosed with what was then called essential thrombosis. It was supposedly very rare and very hereditary. She was only 32 and when she was diagnosed, they said she had only two weeks left to live without treatment. It's so rare that they dug into her family history and her father (they strongly believe) had it and had a "widow maker" heart attack at 43yo. They now believe the disease threw a clot into his heart and that was the end of that. My sisters and I had to get tested every six months for the disease. It's not called that anymore (I can't remember the new name), they said it's still rare but not as rare as they thought and there was a test developed to see if we had something show up in our bloodwork, there was cause for concern (none of us appear to have it, but they don't test for it anymore either). My mom is supposedly one step below leukemia. She has what is considered a blood cancer and she's been taking oral chemo meds every day for the last 32 years.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Gold Member

TMZ is announcing he died this morning. Way too young
    Brookie and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

fgg
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

God rest his soul. 😔

I'm sad.
    holly likes this.

God, this is so sad. Way too young.

Luke Perry Dead at 52

By Latifah Muhammad* 9:52 AM PST, March 4, 2019

Getty ImagesLuke Perry, best known for his roles on Beverly Hills, 90210 and Riverdale, has died. He was 52.

His rep confirmed his death on Monday.

"Actor Luke Perry, 52, passed away today after suffering a massive stroke," the statement reads. "He was surrounded by his children Jack and Sophie, fiancé Wendy Madison Bauer, ex-wife Minnie Sharp, mother Ann Bennett, step-father Steve Bennett, brother Tom Perry, sister Amy Coder, and other close family and friends. The family appreciates the outpouring of support and prayers that have been extended to Luke from around the world, and respectfully request privacy in this time of great mourning. No further details will be released at this time."

Perry was hospitalized on Feb. 28 after suffering a massive stroke at his home in Sherman Oaks, California. His former 90210 cast members, Ian Ziering and Shannen Doherty, took to social media to show their support for Perry, whose health emergency coincided with an announcement about a90210 reboot that was to feature the original cast members.

At Sunday's The Animal Hope and Wellness Foundation's Compassion Project Gala in Los Angeles, Doherty spoke with ET about Perry. "I can't talk about it here 'cause I will literally start crying but I love him and he knows I love him," she said.

"It's Luke, and he's my Dylan," she continued, referring to their iconic 90210 characters.

In 2017, Perry dished to ET about the possibility of a cast reunion.

“I think everybody’s interested in doing it,” he said at the time. “We know we’d have a lot of fun getting back together. We just want it to be good.”

Perry was born in Mansfield, Ohio, on Oct. 11, 1966, and grew up in nearby Fredericktown.

Not long after graduating from high school, Perry moved to Los Angeles to pursue his acting career but he wasn’t an immediate success. After more than 200 auditions, he finally landed a TV commercial and was cast in the Twisted Sister music video for “Be Chrool to You Scuel” in 1985. He went on to land roles on the soap operas Loving and Another World before scoring his big break as bad boy Dylan McKay on Beverly Hills, 90210.

The hit show turned Perry into a certified ‘90s teen heartthrob, which translated into his first movie role in 1992's Buffy the Vampire Slayer. He also appeared in the films Terminal Bliss and 8 Seconds.

In 1995, Perry announced a short-lived departure from 90210, to take on more serious gigs. After appearing in a few more films, including Normal Life and The Fifth Element, he returned back to the zip code that made him famous. The original installment of 90210 aired for 10 seasons before coming to an end in 2000.

Perry, meanwhile, didn’t want to get typecast as his 90210 character. He starred in multiple projects including the HBO prison drama Oz, as well as Windfall, Jeremiah, The Sandlot: Heading Home and more. He also made several guest appearances on hit shows like Will & Grace, Spin City, What I Like About You, Family Guy, Law & Order: SVU and Criminal Minds.

Perry married Rachel Sharp in 1993. They were together for a decade and welcomed two children, 21-year-old Jack and 18-year-old Sophie, before splitting in 2003.

In 2017, Perry returned to series television landing the role as Fred Andrews (Archie’s father) on Riverdale. He spoke with ET about the “21st century” take on the classic comic book, and the similarities between him and the character.

“I think in some ways this character is the closest thing to me that I’ve ever played because he’s a guy that loves his kid. That’s really all he’s about,” the father of two said before adding. “That’s what I’m about.”
    https://www.etonline.com/luke-perry-dead-at-52-120709

I had forgotten that he played a cult leader on Criminal Minds.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

No! I'm so unbelievably sad
    Waterslide, holly, Nevan and 1 others like this.

So sad. RIP.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Oh no. I was praying for a miracle. This just makes me so sad today. RIP Luke.
    bootspaige, holly and weathered1 like this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

In a way it's good he's not suffering and won't be a vegetable but he was way too young to have a stroke of that magnitude at his age. 😔😒😞. My prayers go out to his family and loved ones.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information