Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree251Likes

Thread: Luke Perry Suffers 'Massive Stroke', Currently Hospitalized

He's just about five years older than me (which is scary) and I'm just gobsmacked about this. 90210 was the show of my generation and Dylan was my favorite. Isn't there a drug that if they get to the patient in time, it can reverse most of the stroke symptoms (I can't remember the name)? Or is a massive stroke too far gone for that?
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

https://www.clickondetroit.com/enter...massive-stroke

Report: Luke Perry sedated in hospital after 'massive' stroke

By Ken Haddad

Posted: 11:11 AM, February 28, 2019

Updated: 11:11 AM, February 28, 2019

LOS ANGELES - Actor Luke Perry was hospitalized Wednesday after suffering a "massive" stroke, TMZ reports.

Paramedics responded to Perry's home Wednesday morning in Sherman Oaks, California. He was transported to a local hospital.

TMZ reported Thursday afternoon that Perry's doctors have placed him in a medically induced coma and is under observation. They later reported that he is sedated.

Perry. 52, is best known for his role as Dylan McKay on the 1990s TV series "Beverly Hills, 90210." He currently stars in the CW series "Riverdale."

Born and raised in rural Fredericktown, Ohio, Perry was tapped for heartthrob status along with Jason Priestley on "Beverly Hills 90210," which ran from 1990 to 2000.

Perry has had roles in a handful of films, including "The Fifth Element," "8 Seconds" and "American Strays." He appeared in HBO's prison drama "Oz" and voiced cartoons like "The Incredible Hulk" and "Mortal Kombat." In recent years he starred in the series "Ties That Bind" and "Body of Proof."

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Isn't there a drug that if they get to the patient in time, it can reverse most of the stroke symptoms (I can't remember the name)? Or is a massive stroke too far gone for that?
    in Germany, that drug is called "Lyse", it dissolves the blood clot in the brain. But it is not without risks. Also - in the case of my father, it worked, the clot got smaller, until it was just small enough that he survived the stroke - paralyzed and severely disabled, doctors called him "a victim of modern medicine".
    Nevan likes this.

I hope that he pulls through. He seemed to be in good health.
    "If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased." - Katharine Hepburn

Omigosh. I hope he makes it through this. It sounds quite severe. When I think of Luke Perry I always think of his tall hair from the early seasons of 90210.
    Mrs P, Lalasnake and Beeyotch like this.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Elite Member

This shocked me. I am just a year older than him. Was a huge fan of the early years of 90210. This is really horrible.
    Mrs P likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by weathered1 View Post
    This is just awful. He (as Dylan McKay) was one of my first major crushes (I was such a Dylan/Brenda fangirl), and he's always seemed to be a genuinely good guy. I agree that it's not good that is being characterized as "major". I really hope that he recovers.
    I remember when you could order/purchase books at school and I'd always buy the cheesy cheap 90210 ones. I still remember the way that paper smelled. Cheap, yet fancy. Whilst I did love Brenda, I was subscribed to the I Hate Brenda newsletter. Ahh, when getting stuff in the mail was exciting. Now I check my mail like once every two weeks.
    weathered1 and kersalli like this.

I hope he makes it through this without lasting damage.
    While I never saw a second of Beverly Hills 012345, the media hype was everywhere and he always seemed like a nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    This shocked me. I am just a year older than him. Was a huge fan of the early years of 90210. This is really horrible.
    Same here. Only a year younger than me. Prayers and positive vibes going out to him!!

I always thought he was hot! I adored him in the movie "8 Seconds".

Way too young for a major health crisis of this sort. Hope he pulls through without permanent damage.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    He's just about five years older than me (which is scary) and I'm just gobsmacked about this. 90210 was the show of my generation and Dylan was my favorite. Isn't there a drug that if they get to the patient in time, it can reverse most of the stroke symptoms (I can't remember the name)? Or is a massive stroke too far gone for that?
    tpa. but it has to be given within 3 hours of the stroke.
    Nevan likes this.

I hope he'll pull through, too. I know him from Buffy rather than 90210:

My cousin had a massive stroke at 52. He was a health nut who took great pride in his body and was really vain about his appearance. He laid on the floor in his house for 2 days before his mother and sister found him. He has recovered somewhat, but has seizures and pain along with slurred speech.

ShimmeringGlow that is horrifying! I hope your cousin continues to recover and his pain eases.

ShimmeringGlow, how awful. Having a Massive stroke/aneurism is my worse fear.

I’ve been very nostalgic today for Dylan McKay. This scene always made me laugh. He had great screen chemistry with Brandon and Steve. Even though Ian Ziering bugs the shit out of me, he was reallly funny in this scene. I love how after the punch, Cindy, the mom is heard off camera calling the boys inside for brownies and ice cream lol.

weathered1 likes this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information