Page 89 of 125 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1866
Like Tree8118Likes

Thread: Love 'em or hate 'em: the Harry & Meghan megathread

Quote Originally Posted by redcat View Post
    If he's still in the succession line.
    Harry, if he manages to survive all these deaths plaguing the BRF would abdicate because he wants to be a private citizen and end global warming.
    Anyway, a bit disturbing to read that.
    The line of succession hasn’t changed. Meghan and Harry posted a rather passive-aggressive post explaining the new plan and part of their statement said that the line of succession remains the same. The post made me lol, it was dripping with very thinly veiled disdain for the royals and I say that as a fan of H & M.
    Novice and Shinola like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

^ Yes, some things in their statement were unnecessary, it didn't do them any favours.
    rollo, DawnM74, emkat and 1 others like this.

This story was beside the story about Meghan and Harry's new 7 million dollar house, a house that they go on to say that they are merely "eyeing" in the made up story. Also, their staff apparently resigned on January 11th, 7 days before they made their big announcement. They also withdrew their Sussex Royal trademark request on January 14th, 4 days before their announcement.

'They've lost all perspective': Palace insider blasts Prince Harry and Meghan Markle for 'sniping' at Queen over 'Royal' branding - but admit her aides were not 'unduly surprised'

• Couple will stop using Sussex Royal brand when they step down as senior royals
    • After statement confirming move, couple posted a 'update' on their personal site
    • They claimed that the Queen had no 'jurisdiction' over the word 'Royal' overseas
    • Last night it was clear that the Palace was exasperated by the intervention

By REBECCA ENGLISH and ARTHUR MARTIN FOR THE DAILY MAIL
    PUBLISHED: 22:02, 23 February 2020 | UPDATED: 07:28, 24 February 2020

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were accused yesterday of 'losing all sense of perspective' after making an extraordinary online 'swipe' at the Queen and other royals.
    Harry and Meghan announced on Friday evening that they will stop using their Sussex Royal brand when they step down as senior royals on March 31.
    But hours after releasing a carefully worded statement via Buckingham Palace confirming the move, the couple posted a 1,114-word 'update' on their personal website.
    They claimed the Queen had no 'jurisdiction' over the word 'Royal' overseas and said the monarch and the Government would have been powerless to stop them had they continued to use the word while abroad.

+8

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex (pictured) were accused yesterday of 'losing all sense of perspective' after making an extraordinary online 'swipe' at the Queen and other royals

The lengthy statement contained what appear to be references to other royals, including the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie and the Earl and Countess of Wessex. There was also a thinly veiled attack on the British media, who they feel have been unfairly critical of their actions.
    The statement claimed they had been treated differently from other members of the Royal Family and reminded readers that Harry remains sixth in line to the throne and an HRH by birth.
    Last night it was clear that the Palace was exasperated by the intervention, although not unduly surprised. Others described the couple's words as unhelpful to their public image and family relations.
    'Let's just hope they feel they have got whatever they want to get out of their system,' said one. Another royal insider – who is not part of the negotiations – told the Mail that the couple seemed to have 'lost all sense of perspective'.

+8

Last night it was clear that the Palace was exasperated by the intervention, although not unduly surprised. Pictured: The Queen, 93, arriving for a church service at Windsor yesterday

'It was their decision to do this and the family is clearly trying their best to facilitate it,' the source said. 'But it inevitably requires sacrifices on both sides and the Sussexes need to be rather more gracious about it.
    'Sniping from the sidelines doesn't help anyone.'
    Most irritating, it seems, were the not-so-subtle references to other royals, including William and Kate. However, officials were at pains not to be drawn into a war of words with the couple 'for everyone's sake'.
    A Buckingham Palace spokesman refused to comment, but stressed that several statements had been issued since the couple decided to announce their departure last month. Unusually, some of those statements, they said, were from the Queen – in which she expressed her sadness that her grandson and his wife wanted to walk away but said she would support them.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ipe-Queen.html
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Are they ever going to stop trying to convince us that the people who left a toxic situation are the assholes?

What's really annoying: Support (or ignoring) of a pedophile rapist freeloader.

Perspective indeed.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

You don't tell the most powerful woman in the world that she's offering a free but toxic lifestyle, You kinda figure out the pros and cons before the marriage and deal accordingly.

No one is ignoring Andy. His time is coming.

Meanwhile Harry and Meghan continue to make rookie missteps and tarnish their brand.
    Labelwhore and emkat like this.

Old liz hasn’t been the most powerful woman in the world for a loooong time...
    and H&M didn’t say anything that wasn’t accurate. Whether or not they should have said it is another matter...
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

So who is the most powerful woman in the world?

You really dont have to be the most powerful to be respected by your family..this is a family we talk about..Elizabeth is a very old woman and far as we know she was always good to him.I dont think she deserves what she is getting.I am sure there are a few selected facts that could be published from both sides in an all out war.It will be an interesting gossip,though a sad one.
    Sarzy and Labelwhore like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    So who is the most powerful woman in the world?
    Last year Angela Merkel was named it.
    Shinola, sputnik, Novice and 1 others like this.

Liz was number 40 on the 2019 list

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/13/forb...n-of-2019.html

This year’s top 100 females list featured women from six categories — business (31), technology (17), finance (12), media & entertainment (14), politics & policy (22) and philanthropy (4). Together, they control or influence more than $2.3 trillion in revenue and oversee nearly 6.5 million employees.To determine the women’s rank within each category, as well as overall, Forbes applied four metrics: money, media, impact and spheres of influence. The publisher defined power as hard power (currencies and constitutions), dynamic power (audiences, communities and creative influence) and soft power (what leaders do with their influence).”
    Last edited by sputnik; February 24th, 2020 at 09:07 AM.
    Shinola and twitchy2.0 like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^ Yes, I saw that in the Forbes List but after Ivanka Trump was named in it, I couldn't take it seriously. The Queen is head of 54 countries in the Commonwealth, consisting of almost a third of the world's population.

Whether we like it or not, and as revolting as the idea may be, ivanka is powerful.
    the commonwealth and its influence isn’t what it used to be. It will be interesting to see if, post brexit, Britain tries to reinvigorate it.
    Novice and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

They claimed that the Queen had no 'jurisdiction' over the word 'Royal' overseas

Except that the word is paired with their title bestowed on them by the Queen. And it was absolutely their intention to imply royal status by using it. Can these two fools just fade into oblivion already?
    effie2, rollo, Labelwhore and 1 others like this.

I’m going to book a Royal Caribbean cruise and drink Crown Royal and buy a hoodie from Royal Apparel and noooo one can stoooop meeeeee
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Thread Information