Page 86 of 139 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2075
Like Tree9072Likes

Thread: Love 'em or hate 'em: the Harry & Meghan megathread

Oh, I donít know, the hypocrisy of letting the family paedophile keep all his titles but making a huge fuss over the two that want to stop taking taxpayer money? Harry didnít renounce his titles or his family, he just doesnít want to take taxpayer money and be beholden to the racist tabloids. There are lots of non-working royals and theyíre still, well, royals.
    H&M will be fine either way but this is really making the queen and the rest of the family look like petty assholes. Which ironically will probably make them more popular with their public, i.e the racist biddies and trolls who make up the majority of the tabloidsí readership.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

They fam can try and be petty and punish them all they want. They're still royals. Regardless of what anyone else (including H&M themselves) likes. And regardless of whether they're allowed to use the actual word royal. If they're suddenly forced to change this after spending a lot of money then that's definitely what it looks like: pure spite. Not to mention pointless.

Regardless, it's more wasting of money. This should bother everyone who pays taxes. But then again so should supporting a pedo rapist.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

You can't be a royal for five minutes and keep the description for life. It was a commercial gamble on their part since nothing had been decided.
    Sarzy, fgg and effie2 like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

"I did a quick search and I couldn't find trademark info online for Duchess Inc yet but Sarah does hold three trademarks with the UK sensitive word "duchess": Duchess Tea, Duchess Discoveries and Duchess Blends."

https://twitter.com/LoveLolaHeart/st...02960136052737

I can't stand Fergie but she was a duchess and married to Andrew for ten years and has remained somewhat loyal to the crown despite her shananigans. Although the Duke of Edinburgh is said to dislike her, the Queen is said to be fond of her. Fergie would stand in the crowd to curtesy to the Queen in the UK when she was persona non grata.

There is a distinction between the word 'royal' and the word 'duchess.'
    DawnM74 likes this.

and Harry's been royal since conception.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    I can't stand Fergie but she was a duchess and married to Andrew for ten years and has remained somewhat loyal to the crown despite her shananigans. Although the Duke of Edinburgh is said to dislike her, the Queen is said to be fond of her. Fergie would stand in the crowd to curtesy to the Queen in the UK when she was persona non grata.

There is a distinction between the word 'royal' and the word 'duchess.'
    sorry but that really that takes the cake. Fergie pimped time with her husband out to shady sheiks, had a paedophile pay her debts but we still like her better than the foreign one because she’s “loyal to the crown” and curtsied to the queen?
    Harry's been royal since birth, and that shouldn’t change regardless of who he marries, though apparently it does, even though it’s 2020.

eta: and I have a soft spot for fergie and her trashy ways but only because she’s amusing, but I can’t imagine thinking she’s preferable to someone like markle as a family member. But then the paedophile is still the queen’s favourite, which kind of says it all.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Who likes her better? I said I can't stand her.

They have to please the Queen, not us.
    effie2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Following lengthy and complex talks, the Queen and senior officials are believed to have agreed it is no longer tenable for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to keep the word 'royal' in their 'branding'. Harry and Meghan have spent tens of thousands of pounds on a new Sussex Royal website to complement their hugely popular Instagram feed. They have also sought to register Sussex Royal as a global trademark for a range of items and activities, including clothing, stationery, books and social-care services. In addition, they have taken steps to set up a new charitable organisation - Sussex Royal, The Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Nevertheless, it has now been made clear that they will need to 're-brand'. The Mail understands that, amid what has been described as a 'complex' situation, the 'fine detail' is still being thrashed out. However, it is understood the couple have accepted that, under their new arrangement, they will not be able to use the Sussex Royal name as they had hoped.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8018043/Queen-BANS-Prince-Harry-Meghan-Markle-using-Sussex-Royal-brand-cost-thousands.html
    I saw several articles yesterday that said the same thing, but when I woke up this morning and read CNN, it said that it's still being reviewed. Hmm.

Does anyone know the timeline where this all played out? For instance, just in my head, I would have gone to whomever makes those decisions whether it be his father or his grandmother and done all this way before it was announced. Harry and Meghan did plow ahead with the branding prematurely IMO, but maybe they had no idea it would even be an issue. I vaguely remember reading that Harry and Meghan threw the announcement up just because they weren't getting anywhere behind the scenes.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Who likes her better? I said I can't stand her.

They have to please the Queen, not us.
    Right, and my comment was about the queen. It says a lot about her that she apparently prefers a paedophile and his messy wife to her grandson whose only crime is marrying a biracial american and not wanting to be beholden to the racist press who’s had it out for his wife since day one.

A little off topic but for some reason I thought Duchess was spelled Dutchess.

^So did the other Fergie, who named her album that. Although someone pointed out at the time that there's a county spelt that way somewhere in the US?
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Royal sources confirm the Spring “transition period” for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s departure from official life will start on March 31st, with their Buckingham Palace Office ceasing to operate from April 1st, after which they‘lal be represented by their UK foundation team

The Sussexes will be in the UK “regularly” with Harry at an Invictus event with
    @jonbonjovi
    Feb 28, Harry & Meghan at @EndeavourFund
    awards March 5, Harry at Silverstone with @LewisHamilton
    March 6, both at the Mountbatten Festival of Music March 7th...

Meghan will mark International Women’s Day on March 8 and both Harry and Meghan will join the Queen and the royal family for the Commonwealth Service
    @wabbey
    on March 9.

https://twitter.com/RoyaNikkhah/stat...68566986608640

Harry getting sandwiches on Sunday.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/02/18/princ...couver-island/

their Buckingham Palace Office ceasing to operate from April 1st

April Fools!
    Nevan likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Thread Information