Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree874Likes

Thread: Love 'em or hate 'em: the Harry & Meghan megathread

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    Let's see, she's a thief. She's fat. Harry didn't really go to Angola. I read some posts on Twitter earlier from a girl that thinks that Harry has been in love with her since 2015 and Meghan is keeping her from being with him. She kept posting that her therapist won't call her back and she needs help in dealing with Harry's rejection. The world is a scary place.
    Enty had another blind item stating that Meghan was using the trip that she took to the US to use cocaine in secret. While she is more likely than not breastfeeding. It’s really cruel to lie about something like that.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

That isn't the way the royal family conduct themselves. Ever heard of the expression "stiff upper lip". They usually don't acknowledge what is being said about them.

Quote Originally Posted by LameAnn View Post
    You know what? Where has Prince Charles been this past year? Where has the Queen been this past year? Where has his brother, Prince William been this past year? Crickets.

People want to say how this family adores her. LOL Sure. I'm not buying it. Meghan has been vilified day after day for a year and a half, a lot of that time while she was pregnant and then now as a mother of a royal baby. And nada. She had to have been so hurt. And Harry was probably hurt and furious. I have been waiting for the Queen or Prince Charles to come out and say something. Nope. Crickets. Meghan had to have felt very alone in that country with all of the nastiness daily in the press. It's been a free-for-all. It's like a national sport in England's rag mags. Shame on them. And the BRF has, through their continued silence, played a part in it, as far as I'm concerned.
    Sarzy, Novice and Lofty Bike like this.

fgg

Prince Harry snaps at reporter amid tension with press

Prince Harry is mad as hell, and he’s not going to take this anymore.

Shortly before publishing a statement defending wife Meghan Markle from the British press, the Duke of Sussex reprimanded Sky News journalist Rhiannon Mills for asking a rude and unscheduled question during his visit to the Mauwa Health Centre in Malawi.

E! News reports that after concluding his talk with health officials about the center, Mills accosted Harry on the way to his car and proceeded to ask, “That short conversation, what do you hope to achieve through it?”

The Prince, clearly taken aback by the question, responded, “What? Ask them.”

Mills continued to press the royal, adding, “Is that why it’s important for you to come and talk to them?”

Picking up on the sarcasm, Harry called out the journalist by name, saying, “Rhiannon, don’t behave like this.”

Hours later, Harry issued a statement calling out the British press for its treatment of Markle, who is suing UK publication The Daily Mail for publishing a private letter she wrote to her father after marrying into the royal family.

“We have initiated legal proceedings against the Mail on Sunday, and its parent company Associated Newspapers, over the intrusive and unlawful publication of a private letter written by the Duchess of Sussex, which is part of a campaign by this media group to publish false and deliberately derogatory stories about her, as well as her husband,” reads a statement from London law firm Schillings, which is representing Markle.

“Given the refusal of Associated Newspapers to resolve this issue satisfactorily, we have issued proceedings to redress this breach of privacy, infringement of copyright and the aforementioned media agenda.”

https://pagesix.com/2019/10/03/princ...on-with-press/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Gold Member

From CNN - https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/04/media...ntl/index.html

Prince Harry sues owners of Sun and Mirror for alleged phone hacking

London (CNN)Prince Harry is suing the owners of UK tabloid newspapers the Sun and the Daily Mirror for allegedly hacking his phone.

A Buckingham Palace spokesperson confirmed that claims have been filed in court "regarding the illegal interception of voicemail messages."

The development comes just days after Harry launched a scathing attack on the UK tabloid media as his wife Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, sued the UK's Mail on Sunday, claiming that the paper illegally published a private letter to her father.

A spokesperson for the Sun's parent company, the Rupert Murdoch-owned News Group Newspapers (NGN), told CNN: "We confirm that a claim has been issued by the Duke of Sussex. We have no further comment to make at the current time."

A source at Reach plc, the Mirror's parent company, said that it was aware of the proceedings but had not yet received notification of them.
    This is a breaking story, more to follow.

wouldn't be the first time a rupert murdoch owned company pulls this shit. remember the news of the world phone hacking scandal?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News_I...acking_scandal
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I would have thought that he would have learnt & changed his pin to access his voice messages after the *last* time...

Quote Originally Posted by PecanPie View Post
    From CNN - https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/04/media...ntl/index.html

Prince Harry sues owners of Sun and Mirror for alleged phone hacking

London (CNN)Prince Harry is suing the owners of UK tabloid newspapers the Sun and the Daily Mirror for allegedly hacking his phone.

A Buckingham Palace spokesperson confirmed that claims have been filed in court "regarding the illegal interception of voicemail messages."

The development comes just days after Harry launched a scathing attack on the UK tabloid media as his wife Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, sued the UK's Mail on Sunday, claiming that the paper illegally published a private letter to her father.

A spokesperson for the Sun's parent company, the Rupert Murdoch-owned News Group Newspapers (NGN), told CNN: "We confirm that a claim has been issued by the Duke of Sussex. We have no further comment to make at the current time."

A source at Reach plc, the Mirror's parent company, said that it was aware of the proceedings but had not yet received notification of them.
    This is a breaking story, more to follow.

I was wondering why the DM didn't have a single story about Meghan today. I may have read wrong, but the alleged hacking apparently happened under Piers Morgan's watch.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    Enty had another blind item stating that Meghan was using the trip that she took to the US to use cocaine in secret. While she is more likely than not breastfeeding. It’s really cruel to lie about something like that.
    That is literally that moron's stock in trade. I refer everyone to the NY Post story covering him back in 2012:

https://nypost.com/2012/04/01/how-cr...led-hollywood/

Signature paragraph:

He does work at an LA-based law firm but according to them, he’s not an entertainment lawyer — they don’t even have an entertainment division. Enty, it turns out, handles wills and probate.
    Nearly everything Enty says, in fact, doesn’t check out. That package Tamblyn sent? That receipt, dated December 2007, came from an LA-based recording studio called Michael Turner Productions; sole employee Michael Turner says Tamblyn has never been through there: “What does she do?” he asks.
    Gawker Media, says founder and CEO Nick Denton, never offered to buy CDaN.

From the Mail
    It is not yet known when the duke's allegations date from as the details of his claims have not yet been made public.*

However, the BBC's royal correspondent, Jonny Dymond, believes the claims relate to dates in the early 2000s.
    Why would he have waited until now to sue if that's the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    From the Mail

I read that he was joining a lawsuit in progress.
    Sarzy, Kittylady, Brando and 1 others like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    I read that he was joining a lawsuit in progress.
    There is one still ongoing, I believe.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

You know what? Where has Prince Charles been this past year? Where has the Queen been this past year? Where has his brother, Prince William been this past year? Crickets.

People want to say how this family adores her. LOL Sure. I'm not buying it. Meghan has been vilified day after day for a year and a half, a lot of that time while she was pregnant and then now as a mother of a royal baby. And nada. She had to have been so hurt. And Harry was probably hurt and furious. I have been waiting for the Queen or Prince Charles to come out and say something. Nope. Crickets. Meghan had to have felt very alone in that country with all of the nastiness daily in the press. It's been a free-for-all. It's like a national sport in England's rag mags. Shame on them. And the BRF has, through their continued silence, played a part in it, as far as I'm concerned.
    Well for starters....not *everyone* is vilifying her. It's primarily the UK right wing tabloids and the subset of people who buy into their bullshit. And I don't know what you expect the BRF to be saying in her supposed defense, if they're even aware that she needs defending. They usually don't acknowledge these things anyway. Particularly when it's coming from the bottom of the trough publications. If their actions and appearances (at various events together in groups) are any indication, everyone gets along fine. If they're smart, they don't even read what the tabloid press is saying unless it's brought to their attention by staff (including security) whose specific job it is to wade through muck like this on the regular and ferret out any threats to their person that would require altering their schedules.

A Brit keeping quiet instead of protesting from the rooftops? Imagine that.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

and I think that you mean “British” or “UK” given that England is just one country out of four.

For the record, the British Royal Family doesn’t comment on tabloid bs and rarely takes legal action.
    The quid pro quo is that the British media follows various rules/complies with requests e.g. no photos of the kids unless agreed, no topless/nude/etc

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I would have thought that he would have learnt & changed his pin to access his voice messages after the *last* time...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    From the Mail

You have to wonder what's really going on with all these sudden lawsuits.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Isn’t it obvious? They’re punishing the media the way the media has punished them.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information