Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree874Likes

Thread: Love 'em or hate 'em: the Harry & Meghan megathread

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    I can't understand why they have filed a lawsuit many months after the original publication and in the middle of a tour that seems to be going relatively well which is very unusual. Is this deflection of some kind?
    I would guess that they had to wait for their lawyers to make as watertight a case as possible before moving forwards with it. The Royals rarely take legal action against the slew of stories published but when they do they do it precisely and without knee jerk reactions. Plus it would also have to go through all the Palace red tape too.
    Serendipity likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

^ Maybe but why not wait until the tour is finished? It's not long now.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

In Harry's letter he indicates they waited until the end of the tour to show the double standards of the press i.e. they have vilified her for the last few months but then on tour have offered nothing but praise.

I do think it odd that they didn't wait until the tour had been completed though. It's kind of taken focus on the tail end of it.

I can't understand why they have filed a lawsuit many months after the original publication and in the middle of a tour that seems to be going relatively well which is very unusual. Is this deflection of some kind?
    Kittylady and garysgirl1999 like this.

The DM changed their screaming headline about a "Royal Car Crash" concerning the Range Rover story after the lawsuit story broke. Buckingham Palace requested the vehicles for security reasons and Range Rover sent them to South Africa at no tax payer cost according to The Mirror. Range Rover provides vehicles for most trips abroad by the Royal family. A routine occurrence turned into a headline blaming Meghan for being too good for regular cars.

I do wonder about the statement from Harry. Two cases concerning news organizations had gone through the process with no fanfare. Why release a statement instead of business as usual?

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebr...rd-home-photo/

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebr...laint-the-sun/
    lindsaywhit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    The DM changed their screaming headline about a "Royal Car Crash" concerning the Range Rover story after the lawsuit story broke. Buckingham Palace requested the vehicles for security reasons and Range Rover sent them to South Africa at no tax payer cost according to The Mirror. Range Rover provides vehicles for most trips abroad by the Royal family. A routine occurrence turned into a headline blaming Meghan for being too good for regular cars.

I do wonder about the statement from Harry. Two cases concerning news organizations had gone through the process with no fanfare. Why release a statement instead of business as usual?

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebr...rd-home-photo/

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebr...laint-the-sun/
    I think in this case it has more to do with the sustained level of coverage and incitement from the Mail. It's not unusual for there to be seven or eight different nit picking and rabble rousing articles A DAY, each with upwards of 1k of mostly vicious comments. They are farming hatred for revenue.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

I’m guessing the timing of the lawsuit is at the advice of their lawyers. It might also be precisely because they’re out of the country and therefore won’t be subject to as much harassment as if they were home.
    Kittylady, fgg, weathered1 and 4 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I've just been and had a quick look. It's coming up to 2:30pm here and there's already six articles, including one by the ever dependable Piers Morgan, still trying to claim that he and Meghan were great friends before Harry came along. By contrast there's one about Kate and William attending an event and that is written and captioned in the kind of gushing language that Barbara Cartland would be proud of and the comments section is being used to attack Meghan.

Of course it is not really about copyright infringement, but is (presumably) the only legal avenue they could pursue in order to stick it to the media.

I'm not sure the letter did any real harm to her reputation. At least I don't recall that it affected my opinion of her and the fact that her father sold it helped promote understanding of why she had to cut him off. But it was still indecent to publish it.

The Guardian article posted up thread stated they tried to resolve the issue.

“Given the refusal of Associated Newspapers to resolve this issue satisfactorily, we have issued proceedings to redress this breach of privacy, infringement of copyright and the aforementioned media agenda.”

I love that Harry mentioned all the positive coverage Meghan received over the last 2 weeks when she has not changed a damn thing about herself. The tabloid media want 24/7 information on the Sussex's or they will resort to printing negative articles.

I also love how they branded Meghan as an attention seeker and at the same time constantly complain about her request for privacy. They really thought she would show up and show out until she didn't.
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Of course it is not really about copyright infringement, but is (presumably) the only legal avenue they could pursue in order to stick it to the media.

I'm not sure the letter did any real harm to her reputation. At least I don't recall that it affected my opinion of her and the fact that her father sold it helped promote understanding of why she had to cut him off. But it was still indecent to publish it.
    I think it's about the press' treatment of meghan, the blatant disrespect for their privacy and about them exploiting her dysfunctional family. i think part of the plan is to get the media to stop collaborating with her shitty paternal family who she clearly wants nothing to do with and with whom she clearly has had a strained/estranged relationship for years.
    Last edited by sputnik; October 2nd, 2019 at 05:06 PM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Silver Member

You know what? Where has Prince Charles been this past year? Where has the Queen been this past year? Where has his brother, Prince William been this past year? Crickets.

People want to say how this family adores her. LOL Sure. I'm not buying it. Meghan has been vilified day after day for a year and a half, a lot of that time while she was pregnant and then now as a mother of a royal baby. And nada. She had to have been so hurt. And Harry was probably hurt and furious. I have been waiting for the Queen or Prince Charles to come out and say something. Nope. Crickets. Meghan had to have felt very alone in that country with all of the nastiness daily in the press. It's been a free-for-all. It's like a national sport in England's rag mags. Shame on them. And the BRF has, through their continued silence, played a part in it, as far as I'm concerned.
    lindsaywhit, DawnM74 and Beeyotch like this.

Traditionally Royalty don't answer back unless it's something extreme. Certain tabloids have been taking full advantage of this.

From a story in The London Times that is behind a paywall. Royal Reporters started complaining before the wedding about how Harry was freezing them out instead of maintaining a friendly relationship with them like he apparently used to have. He snapped at a reporter the other day. He can't have it both ways, he can't be a royal and expect to not have reporters covering him. I guess it comes down to who he thinks is being fair and who he thinks is out to get Meghan. Omid Scobie is a royal reporter that has gotten scoops from them because of his reporting. The reporter that Harry announced the baby with was one that had been friendly to them in the past. He and Meghan gave interviews during the tour to international reporters instead of the royal reporters.

"However his statement about the tabloids, however intemperate it may appear to some-and entirely reasonable to others-has been a long time in the planning. Harry and Meghan have long been furious about what they say was the "grooming and exploitation" of her father, Thomas Markle, by the tabloids before and after their wedding. Editors across Fleet Street were asked to stay away from him. Instead, according to royal sources, tabloid reporters and photographers moved in next door to Mr Markle and sought to cultivate him to the point where he became a regular source of stories.

One source who knows Harry well said: "Harry and Meghan have taken it very badly. She has had to stay silent through all of it and he has felt like it's repeat of what happened to his mother... it was shocking behavior by the press".

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/p...rica-5j8fqtlv8

DawnM74 likes this.

Blind Item #2

The alliterate royal had a total of three events where she was given money on her trip. She also has managed to make the previous well like husband of hers into someone who is 180 of that.

POSTED BY ENT LAWYER AT 6:45 AM 27 COMMENTS

The comments. SMH.
    DawnM74 and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Blind Item #2

The alliterate royal had a total of three events where she was given money on her trip. She also has managed to make the previous well like husband of hers into someone who is 180 of that.

POSTED BY ENT LAWYER AT 6:45 AM 27 COMMENTS

The comments. SMH.
    Let's see, she's a thief. She's fat. Harry didn't really go to Angola. I read some posts on Twitter earlier from a girl that thinks that Harry has been in love with her since 2015 and Meghan is keeping her from being with him. She kept posting that her therapist won't call her back and she needs help in dealing with Harry's rejection. The world is a scary place.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information