Page 57 of 69 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
Like Tree4611Likes

Thread: Love 'em or hate 'em: the Harry & Meghan megathread

czb

i'm sure her dad will try to play the court, wah, this is the ONLY way i can see my daughter! see what she's done!!!

Honestly what the fuck does this trash ass money grubbing family want and expect to gain from their actions?

Can whatever money they're getting from the tabloids really be worth this? Did they really expect to be hanging out with the Queen of England and babysitting Archie every other weekend and set for life financially?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post

Can whatever money they're getting from the tabloids really be worth this?
    To them? Absolutely.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Meh that’s a Sun reporter so pinch of salt... unless, of course, they’ve started hacking phones again???

I think that once Harry’s life with Megan calms down (ie baby grows up & their relationship settles down in to the norm like marriages can do) he’s going to regret splitting from his family.
    However, I’m sick of hearing every made up blow by blow when no one is reporting what repercussions Randy Andy is going to face.... oh yeah, that is *none* then.

Also when are they going to investigate *his* income sources???
    Harry didn't split from his family, he's just no longer a working royal. He will attend their family events and I'm sure he will keep some of his patronages but he will not attend the official royal events. He's kind of on the same level as the York girls.

The media is making his role change much more dramatic than it needs to be.
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brando View Post
    Harry didn't split from his family, he's just no longer a working royal. He will attend their family events and I'm sure he will keep some of his patronages but he will not attend the official royal events. He's kind of on the same level as the York girls.

The media is making his role change much more dramatic than it needs to be.
    The rf & QEII specifically is all about *duty* and shutting up and doing your job.
    Harry was brought up to be a support to William, a Princess Anne (“the most hard working Royal) Mk II.
    He is now shirking these duties without actually abdicating. The phrase piss-or-get-off-the-pot springs to mind. He’s going to be neither fish nor fowl.

Due to how the family is brought up (duty, remember) this will *not* be going down well whatever the cause.
    None of them will be happy no matter how much empathy (little-none) they have for/with him.
    If they had any empathy they would have resolved this after he came out of the army & give him some focus instead of letting him drift aimlessly.

If he lives in Canada or outside the UK he will be more & more isolated from him family and this perceived wound (on both sides) will never heal.
    Dont forget it took Will & Kate two months to travel from Kensington to Windsor to see Archie for the first time.....
    Labelwhore and effie2 like this.

It doesn’t have to be all or nothing. I don’t understand this way of black and white thinking. Maybe he’s just not cut out for the princess anne/Prince Andrew ir Edward model, and besides the royal family has to change. Just because you’ve been doing something a certain way for a long time doesn’t mean it has to continue that way forever. Plus, you can’t both trim and streamline the royal family and expect those further down the line to still be as committed and fully devoted to the family at the exclusion of having any other sort of professional livelihood. It’s the royal family that wants to have its cake and eat it too.

personally I think Harry’s wanted out for a long time and never wanted this life, and it’s not a coincidence he ended up marrying an “outsider” like Meghan versus a Kate type who would be a perfectly submissive royal bot wife. Everyone blames markle for this but I think Harry was just looking for someone who would support him on this. They might have started out thinking they’d give working royal life a try and see if the system would be flexible enough for it to be bearable, but when they saw it wouldn’t budge, they decided to make a more significant break. Plus, the queen may be all about duty but she clearly makes exceptions for her favourites, and Harry is allegedly her favourite grandson which is why I think she was willing to make these concessions. She’s also proven herself to be quite adept at learning from her mistakes and knowing when to change and give way - she saw what happened to Charles and Margaret when they weren’t allowed to marry who they wanted. Likewise I think she’s realising that trimming and streamlining the royal family has to come with some concessions from them as well.
    Last edited by sputnik; January 15th, 2020 at 05:02 AM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Trim the fat & make them *all* get jobs IMO! The more the merrier!!!
    fgg and Labelwhore like this.

The Queen hasn't made any concessions as yet. She sent out a small (probably pre-written) statement mentioning the family about eight times and stating that they will work out the details in their own time. She will be monitoring the fallout and any impatience very closely. Meghan and Harry are in limbo right now. That's probably not the grey area that they wanted but it's not their call when they have made outrageous and entitled demands, er, asked for their freedom. It's not the way that the RF works and Harry actually knows it as he's been in it for 30+ years. It probably didn't help that he missed out 'with the family' in the summer and at Christmas and only came to see the Queen et al when he wanted something big from them. It's been handled appallingly and abruptly.

If he and Meghan had been planning their escape since they got together (which I can believe) then they could have finessed it a little better so that it doesn't look like 'tv actress wants a better deal in Hollywood.' Harry was even caught on camera asking the head of Disney for a voiceover part for his wife at the Lion King premiere (when he was supposed to be at the veterans' anniversary.) If you look at the detail, it's terrible optics as usual.
    bootspaige, Labelwhore and effie2 like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

She agreed to a transition period during which they’ll live between Canada and the UK, though the details have yet to be worked out. It’s why piers’ panties are in a bunch.
    Also, if your takeaway is “TV actress wants a better deal in Hollywood” (even though they’re moving to Canada), it says a lot more about your views on women than anything else.
    If your family business isn’t doing it for you and you don’t have any real power and on top of that it’s too toxic a work environment to put up with full time, it’s perfectly valid to step away from an active full time role while still remaining on the board and keeping your shares but giving up your salary, and doing something else on the side. That’s basically what they’re trying to do. But if, as you try to do this, the board wants to kick you out and blame the whole thing on your biracial wife who they’ve also refused to defend from racist, slut shaming attacks, but they’re fine with the paedophile uncle keeping his shares but no longer working full time, its not a good look for the family business. I like to think qe2 is smart enough to see this, even if the biddies don’t.
    Last edited by sputnik; January 15th, 2020 at 05:39 AM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    She agreed to a transition period during which they’ll live between Canada and the UK, though the details have yet to be worked out. It’s why piers’ panties are in a bunch.
    Also, if your takeaway is “TV actress wants a better deal in Hollywood” (even though they’re moving to Canada), it says a lot more about your views on women than anything else.
    If your family business isn’t doing it for you and it’s too toxic a work environment to put up with full time, it’s perfectly valid to step away from an active full time role while still remaining on the board and keeping your shares, and doing something else on the side. That’s basically what they’re trying to do.
    No, it doesn't. Don't be silly. It says something about you that you can't keep to the topic without making it personal, though.

The RF is not just any old business, obviously. That's why I said Harry would understand that, even if you don't.

The plan apparently (again, detail) is that they will have a property in LA and a property in Canada. Oh, and a property in the UK too.

The reason not to go straight to the US (again, allegedly but at least I'm doing my research, Becky) is that they are waiting until Trump has gone. A lot of Hollywood stars have said that and done nothing so take that as you will. If they are trying to disguise their true motives, it's laughable. Harry was even caught touting his wife on camera. How easy is it to go to and fro from Vancouver to LA? Easy peasy.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

"Guess who was spotted in Vancouver today? Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle paid a visit to the Downtown Eastside Women's Centre, where she spent time discussing some of the issues affecting women. @NEWS1130"

https://twitter.com/Tarnjitkparmar/s...61206127296512
    Kittylady likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    No, it doesn't. Don't be silly. It says something about you that you can't keep to the topic without making it personal, though.

The RF is not just any old business, obviously. That's why I said Harry would understand that, even if you don't.

The plan apparently (again, detail) is that they will have a property in LA and a property in Canada. Oh, and a property in the UK too.

The reason not to go straight to the US (again, allegedly but at least I'm doing my research, Becky) is that they are waiting until Trump has gone. A lot of Hollywood stars have said that and done nothing so take that as you will. If they are trying to disguise their true motives, it's laughable. Harry was even caught touting his wife on camera. How easy is it to go to and fro from Vancouver to LA? Easy peasy.
    biases have a way of showing through even our best attempts to be objective. It’s naive to believe otherwise.
    weathered1 and Kittylady like this.

What's the big deal about touting his wife for something he thinks (even if he's biased, so what) she'd be great at? It's not like they were grubbing for their own McDonald's money. All that shit went to charity.

Or is it just middle-classy and not proper or something?

I mean, I know they're not supposed to make a move that isn't deemed 'proper' with the official stamp of approval by an institution operating from a thousand year old perspective where women have to put up with all kinds of limitations when the men obviously do what (and who) they want (up to and including fucking children) with no repercussions, but average people in this century watching and commenting seeming to be bothered by something as basic as a voice-over job for charity and wanting to rake them over for it is a bit silly to me.

I mean, it's not like this wasn't her freaking job (TV and film) prior getting sucked into this pretentious ass idiocy where she can't do anything right no matter what because of things that are out of her control (like being black, American, a commoner, etc).

Can we start any day now making a bigger deal about the really bad shit like deviant and criminal behavior of some of these folks living off your tax dollars?

^^Seriously. Andrew was raping children. The brouhaha over this compared to that is fucking shameful.

It's too bad Andrew isn't black.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post

The reason not to go straight to the US (again, allegedly but at least I'm doing my research, Becky) is that they are waiting until Trump has gone.
    Is there a source for this plan? I've seen nothing about LA or Trump.
    weathered1 likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Thread Information