Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree875Likes

Thread: Love 'em or hate 'em: the Harry & Meghan megathread

they were at the beach and everyone else around them is in jeans and wetsuits. this was a very informal event, nothing wrong with her jeans jacket, sandals or harry's running shoes.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Baby Archie is adorable!!!

Archie is a brown hair, brown eyed version of his father.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I see a bit of Thomas Markle in him too.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I know this makes me a terrible person but I don't find Archie that cute. But then again, I never found Harry cute as a child and he grew way more handsome than expected so there's definitely hope.

I like Meghan's fashion choices. She seems to dress way better for her current weight when in casual clothes. I also like her facial expressions way more than usual. There is a very genuine aura about her which I don't see when she's in the UK.
    Sarzy, Kittylady, Novice and 2 others like this.
    Your bum has feelings, your bum is a part of you
    Donít put it on chairs, your bum has an opinion, yeah

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

^^ I try not to write off kids as fugmuppets for life after Bindi Irwin. Archie isn't particularly cute to me right now but he's still in what I think of as The Potato Stage, where I find very few babies cute.
    czb likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    I know this makes me a terrible person but I don't find Archie that cute. But then again, I never found Harry cute as a child and he grew way more handsome than expected so there's definitely hope.

I like Meghan's fashion choices. She seems to dress way better for her current weight when in casual clothes. I also like her facial expressions way more than usual. There is a very genuine aura about her which I don't see when she's in the UK.
    He peaked for 15 seconds and is now on the slippery slope downwards imo.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Archie is a brown hair, brown eyed version of his father.
    I just looked up pics of Harry as a baby and he does look exactly like him. There were side by side comparisons and everything.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

Meghan & Archie fly to Johannersburg

With Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Queen Elizabeth II ‘delighted’ by Meghan Markle and Harry’s ‘brilliantly unorthodox' tour

MEGHAN MARKLE and Prince Harry like to do things differently and have applied their unique approach while on tour in Africa. While their “unorthodox” ways may upset traditionalists the Queen will be “delighted” with how they have fared so far, a royal commentator has claimed.

By Frederica Miller
    PUBLISHED: 08:00, Sat, Sep 28, 2019 | UPDATED: 14:28, Sat, Sep 28, 2019

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have brought their own brand of royal to their latest official trip to Africa. While their son Archie Harrison stole the show when he joined his parents to meet Archbishop, Desmond Tutu, the Duke and Duchess have been praised for their warm-hearted approach to royal engagements. They have hugged many of the people they have met and while this tactile approach may upset traditionalists it will have delighted the Queen, a royal expert has claimed.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are now halfway through their 10-day tour of Africa and have proved a hit with everyone they have met.
    While Meghan and Harry have been criticised for doing things differently in the past their “uniquely informal” tour has had an “electrifying response”, a royal expert has claimed.
    Royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams told Express.co.uk: “The way Meghan and Harry have handled their tour in South Africa so far has been uniquely informal, from hugging and dancing to Meghan not wearing her engagement ring."

Queen Elizabeth II news: Queen ‘delighted’ by Meghan Markle and Harry’s ‘brilliantly unorthodox’ tou (Image: GETTY)

He added: “This is unusual for a royal tour but the Sussexes have already shown they do things their way.”
    According to Mr Fitzwilliams, the Sussexes’ “brilliantly unorthodox” approach has worked in their favour.
    He said: “Their main appeal is clearly to the young and it is brilliantly unorthodox.
    “Meghan’s speech to her audience in the deprived township of Nyanga in Cape Town where there is a high level of violence, as “a woman of colour and your sister” had an electrifying response.”
    Prince Harry parted ways with Meghan and Archie on Wednesday to jet off to Botswana, Angola and Malawi where he will spend several days before rejoining them in South Africa.

Archie’s iconic meeting with anti-apartheid stalwart Desmond Tutu increased Meghan and Harry’s global appeal, according to Mr Fitzwilliams.
    He said: “Whether commemorating South Africa’s Heritage Day as a “rainbow nation” or promoting mental health issues or taking Archie for an iconic meeting with Archbishop Desmond Tutu which has led to images which have gone global, the enthusiastic response proves yet again the potency of the appeal of royals on tour and how they can spread the word about the causes they champion.
    “The benefit to the charities involved and to the host country are enormous.
    “The way this connects with their target audience is amazing,more than 60 per cent of the people of the 53 Commonwealth countries are under 30.”

Meghan and Harry’s personal approach to championing causes like mental health has also proved a hit.
    Mr Fitzwilliams said: “Meghan’s campaign for female empowerment, their joint efforts to lift the stigma over mental health where Harry has been so open over his personal experiences is truly remarkable.”
    On Friday Prince Harry visited Angola and retraced his mother Princess Diana’s steps when he visited a charity that works to get rid of landmines.
    In a moving tribute Diana, Harry recreated the iconic photo of his mother walking in a minefield in 1997, when he donned protective gear and did the same thing.
    Mr Fitwilliams claimed Meghan and Prince Harry’s sting of tour successes will have delighted the Queen.
    He said: “I am sure that the Queen, who cares so deeply about her beloved Commonwealth, will be delighted at their successes.”

This trip has been stunning - and they look very happy and relaxed. Except, idk, Harry's trip to the landmines and following in his mother's footsteps... maybe it's just me, but he looked a little overwhelmed emotionally at times - I think it was very difficult for him to hold it together. Of course, it's so completely understandable why it would be. Especially since just a few short months later Diana was dead. My heart really went out to him, while my admiration grew.

They are likable and even appear relatable. I think they are fantastic “ambassadors” for the UK. It seems like they are very much liked whenever they travel outside of their home country.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    They are likable and even appear relatable. I think they are fantastic “ambassadors” for the UK. It seems like they are very much liked whenever they travel outside of their home country.
    I couldn't believe how people on here were saying their trip to Aus/NZ and the Pacific was a "failure" and "embarrassing", because down here they were almost universally admired, even by anti-monarchists like me. They really connected with a lot of people, especially in the Pacific nations where Meghan was a huge success.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

You know, the (gawd, I hate this word, but it fits) 'haters,' are really, really strange people - and some of them are pretty fricking scary. I made a comment on one of Sussex Royal Instagram posts today - you know, nothing epic or political even, just that their trip is amazing and I love the music on their videos and the amazing people they are meeting, blah, blah. (heart emoji)

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph - almost immediately I get two harpies commenting about 'Smegs' and they aren't 'royals,' yada, yada. Bizarrely, they are both frothing at the mouth so badly they don't even realize they are in agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    You know, the (gawd, I hate this word, but it fits) 'haters,' are really, really strange people - and some of them are pretty fricking scary. I made a comment on one of Sussex Royal Instagram posts today - you know, nothing epic or political even, just that their trip is amazing and I love the music on their videos and the amazing people they are meeting, blah, blah. (heart emoji)

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph - almost immediately I get two harpies commenting about 'Smegs' and they aren't 'royals,' yada, yada. Bizarrely, they are both frothing at the mouth so badly they don't even realize they are in agreement.

If they aren't royals then what are they?
    lindsaywhit likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post

You know what they really meant was "it should haver been me! It should have been meeeeee!" Lol
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information