Page 20 of 139 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
Like Tree9072Likes

Thread: Love 'em or hate 'em: the Harry & Meghan megathread

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i dunno. camilla got it bad back in the day. not racist, of course, but i remember reading a lot of terrible things.
    She did, but there was nowhere near the number of daily articles as they are running right now. The main attacks were about her appearance and comparing her to St Diana, whereas the unmoderated comments about Meghan have covered all of that as well as suggestions of drug use, faked pregnancy, yachting, accusations of pulling the race card while simultaneously making reference to feeding Archie plantains and calling his nanny a 'mammie'.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

czb

yeah. i remember the camilla disses about her appearance were nasty. were the comments about her less nasty than those about meghan? i don't know. but they were frequent and hateful.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

But in the end they mostly died down. This has been going on for a few years now and if anything they are increasing rather than decreasing.
    czb, weathered1 and Sassiness like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Camilla also did something to earn her hatred though.
    Kittylady, czb, Beeyotch and 9 others like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Right? She was fucking a famously married prince. I mean, come on.

This girl is
    1) American
    2) Actress (fame-hungry, an actress? Never!) and
    3) Black

NONE of those are worthy of the amount of vitriol leveled at her from the press and hateful public.

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    i dont know who wendy williams is,but i am sure she is a pearl clutching biddy and a thinly veiled racist too.
    worse, actually. Mo’s post sums a lot of it up but he forgot to add “woman-hating harpy” to her list of attributes. Basically, if piers morgan was a self-loathing american black woman, that’s Wendy Williams.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

With an almost Wildenstein level of PS.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Again, I don't read or see this constant barrage of godawful press you are all talking about. I see what is posted here but frankly, it's all been rather tame to me (as I skim it). Complaints of hemlines or stockings or belly cupping. Maybe that's why I don't really understand the passionate defense of her... I don't see what you all are seeing.

Having said that, girl knew she was marrying a mega famous Prince. And unless she's going to pretend she never heard of Princess Diana, she had to have some clue of the level of scrutiny she would face. I assume she a) didn't much care b/c she was in love and b) thought she would relish being super famous.

This is not to excuse racism in any way, shape or form. But fake baby bump rumors or gold digger claims or swarms of cameras trying to shoot up a skirt weren't invented to torture Meghan. And I don't believe for one hot minute she had no clue.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

But even if she did have a clue (though I doubt she could ever have imagined the extent to which she would trigger brits’ latent she not so latent racism and misogyny), does that mean the treatment is justified, or that she has to put up with it, or that she deserves it?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I didn't say that. I'm responding to her claim that she had no idea and people had to tell her that marrying the son of a woman who literally died at the hands of the ferocious press might be tough, but she didn't believe it. I don't buy that.
    SHELLEE, Sleuth and Sarzy like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Really? You've never heard of aaallll those women who go ahead and marry/stay with partners who EVERYONE warned them against, because they can see they're plainly not a good match or are in for a complete shit storm somehow? So many people go through this, it's cliche and still they never see it coming. People warn them and plead with them, but no, they simply don't think it will happen the way they're being warned, that it can't possibly be that bad. Sure, she had fame in her eyes. So what, it doesn't make the disgusting racism and classism acceptable.

I never said it did.
    SHELLEE and effie2 like this.

Nobody did. You can say you think it's unlikely she had no idea and still think it's completely unacceptable how she's been treated.

Exactly. Wendy Williams more than implies that she's getting exactly what she deserves and should stfu because "girl, you KNEW!" Which is pretty hypocritical coming from Wendy.

Maybe she feels she can't be as funny or entertaining if she gives out at least a fraction of the sympathy she herself received mere months ago.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Again, I don't read or see this constant barrage of godawful press you are all talking about. I see what is posted here but frankly, it's all been rather tame to me (as I skim it). Complaints of hemlines or stockings or belly cupping. Maybe that's why I don't really understand the passionate defense of her... I don't see what you all are seeing.

Having said that, girl knew she was marrying a mega famous Prince. And unless she's going to pretend she never heard of Princess Diana, she had to have some clue of the level of scrutiny she would face. I assume she a) didn't much care b/c she was in love and b) thought she would relish being super famous.

This is not to excuse racism in any way, shape or form. But fake baby bump rumors or gold digger claims or swarms of cameras trying to shoot up a skirt weren't invented to torture Meghan. And I don't believe for one hot minute she had no clue.
    Thank you for writing a post that truly is something we can debate with courtesy and respect. I don't agree with you, (and I guess I am a 'stan' lol) but the tone of your post allows me at least to, I'm not sure how to put it but allows me to relax my hyper vigilance and soothe my trigger finger response.

Not sure this makes sense, but, yeah, thanks CornFlakegirl.

Thread Information