Page 17 of 139 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
Like Tree9072Likes

Thread: Love 'em or hate 'em: the Harry & Meghan megathread

The Royal Family is coming to America!

It is being reported that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will soon be taking a break from public life and their royal duties to travel to the United States, The Sunday Times reports.

According to the publication, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be taking a six-week sabbatical for "family time" starting next month until the Christmas holiday.

Prince Harry and Meghan plan on spending their break in both the United Kingdom and the United States. This will mark the first time 5-month-old son Archie will visit America!

The family is expected to celebrate Thanksgiving with Meghan's mother Doria Ragland at her home in California, and Christmas with Queen Elizabeth and the rest of the royal family in England.

The royal couple's break comes after Prince Harry slammed the British tabloids over their "ruthless" campaign against Meghan.

If you missed it, Meghan admitted in a candid interview that she is "struggling" to adjust to life as a royal.

from justjared.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brando View Post
    Eugenics and Beatrice are not working royals with tax payer funded security and still the media ridicules them all the time. Diana was followed and harassed all the way into a tunnel.

Harry and Meghan are asking to keep some parts of their life private. That's it. I don't think that's asking too much. Their kid will never be a working royal so there is no reason the public and media need updates and photos on his life. Criticism of their environmental hypocrisy and spending is valid criticism. Using Meghan's father to attack and bully her is harassment.

What the royal reporters and tabloids really want is for Harry and Meghan to "play the game". They want access to their private life or they will continue the harassment and bullying.
    Perfect summation.
    Beeyotch likes this.

Good for them, although you just know that her crazy sister and father are going to ramp up the pressure to meet now they're on their turf.
    Novice likes this.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    About the letter to her father, she kept a copy of it knowing that he would probably leak it.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...e-of-legal-row
    Speculation for the last couple of months has been that William's office has been behind the "leaked" stories to the press. The stories ramped up when the story about his alleged affair broke. Some thought that Kate fired her aide in preparation of needing a fall guy for the stories. The royal households had been broken up for months, so why was her position suddenly redundant? There was a story recently that Meghan's wedding flowers almost killed Charlotte, but the same flowers have been used for all royal weddings. The negative press has been over the top.

https://www.ibtimes.com/meghan-markl...equest-2844948
    She could have been given 90 days notice (as per UK law) and worked those 90 days or she could have been paid in lieu of notice - we - and the tabloids - just don’t know.

As for Mr Markle releasing the letter because of the People article, I thought I remembered the letter coming first & the people article as a rebuttal???

Prince Harry has admitted that he and his brother William are travelling on ‘different paths’ in the first public acceptance of a rift between the brothers.

In a candid interview, the Duke of Sussex acknowledged there had been deepening tensions between the pair but insisted ‘I love him dearly’.

His comments in a TV documentary broadcast last night follow months of speculation about the state of the brothers’ relationship.

Palace aides had repeatedly denied reports of a rift between the Sussexes and the Cambridges, who had once been championed as the Royal family’s ‘Fab Four’.

But asked how much of the speculation was true for an ITV documentary which aired last night, Harry pointedly refused to deny a falling out.

The 35-year-old initially laughed in response to the question, then added: ‘Part of this role, part of this job and this family being under the pressure it is under, inevitably stuff happens.

But look, we are brothers, we will always be brothers. We are certainly on different paths at the moment but I will always be there for him and, as I know, he will always be there for me.’

He added: ‘We don’t see as much as we used to because we are so busy but I love him dearly and the majority of stuff is created out of nothing.

‘As brothers, you have good days, you have bad days.’

Harry’s comments came during an emotional interview with ITV presenter Tom Bradby - a long-time friend of the prince’s.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cumentary.html
    lindsaywhit likes this.

If anything it seems to me like the Sussexes are way more forthcoming and accessible than the Cambridges. I suppose the Brit tabs who were critical of them wanting privacy will now flip it and start shitting on them for being too forthright and revealing.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

They’re doing it on their terms, taking control of their own narrative and it’s making racist biddy heads everywhere explode, starting with their patron saint Piers morgan.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    If anything it seems to me like the Sussexes are way more forthcoming and accessible than the Cambridges. I suppose the Brit tabs who were critical of them wanting privacy will now flip it and start shitting on them for being too forthright and revealing.
    They are!
    Can you believe Kate has been in the BRF for 8-9 years and she just did her 2nd interview with the media on the Pakistan tour?!?

When Meghan arrived on the scene the Cambridge's went from Duke and Duchess of Doolittle to the most regal and stately royals than the queen herself. They did nothing to change the media narrative.
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

Aaaaaand one of the papers tried to call them out for giving this interview in Angola ���� poor, war-torn, Angola.
    Needless to say it was Jan Moir in the #dailyheil (thanks Kitty it’s become more appropriate than the #dailyfail )

ETA:- I can’t copy the article but there is a walk-through of the program here:- https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...meghan-africa/
    Last edited by Novice; October 21st, 2019 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    I don't understand this. Whatever Harry does, I see the devastated little boy walking behind his mothers coffin, an envelope with the word "Mummy" on it. i'm just glad that he found happiness and that the woman he found it with seems sensible and warm. So why would or should I care about her ancestry, the color of her skin or whatever rookie mistake she may or may not have made? She makes him happy, she seems happy and they have a little boy now, that kinda makes ME happy, because I felt for that little boy and I'm not heartless and/or a blatant racist.
    Rant over.
    ^^this 1000^%^^
    lindsaywhit likes this.

This quote from harry says everything that needs to be said. "He added, “I will not be bullied into playing a game that killed my mum.”
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The Duke of Cambridge is "worried" about his brother after he talked about his mental health in a TV documentary, a Kensington Palace source has told the BBC.
    Prince William is said to be hoping the Duke and Duchess of Sussex "are all right" after they told an ITV documentary they were struggling .
    The palace source said there was a view the couple were "in a fragile place".
    Kensington Palace had no comment on the ITV film, which aired on Sunday.
    The documentary followed the Duke and Duchess of Sussex on their tour of southern Africa earlier this month.
    In interviews, the couple both said they were struggling with the intense scrutiny from elements of the British tabloid press.

The palace source played down suggestions that Prince William was "furious" with his brother after the documentary aired on Sunday.
    It followed Prince Harry's admission in the film that he and William have "good days" and "bad days".
    Asked about media reports of a rift between the brothers, the Duke of Sussex said that "inevitably, stuff happens" as a result of "this family being under the pressure that it's under".

Video captionPrince Harry on his brother, William: "We are certainly on different paths at the moment"

He added: "We are brothers. We will always be brothers.

"We are certainly on different paths at the moment but I will always be there for him as I know he will always be there for me."
    BBC royal correspondent Jonny Dymond said the rest of the Royal Family "wouldn't be at all happy" about the ITV interview but the couple "clearly felt now was the time that they wanted to clear the air and put their case directly to people".
    It was clear, he added, that the princes' paths were "diverging, particularly when it comes to the media" with William "going out of his way" to try and bring them in, while Harry was still "furious" with them.
    'Not really OK'

Meghan, 38, said in the documentary that adjusting to royal life had been "hard".
    "When I first met my now-husband my friends were really happy because I was so happy," she said.
    "But my British friends said to me, 'I'm sure he's great but you shouldn't do it because the British tabloids will destroy your life'."

Video caption"Not many people have asked if I'm OK," says Meghan

Asked by ITV's Tom Bradby if it was fair to say she was "not really OK", the duchess said: "Yes."

Prince Harry, 35, described his mental health and the way he deals with the pressures of his life as a matter of "constant management".
    He said: "I thought I was out of the woods and then suddenly it all came back, and this is something that I have to manage.
    "Part of this job is putting on a brave face but, for me and my wife, there is a lot of stuff that hurts, especially when the majority of it is untrue."

Analysis

By Jonny Dymond, BBC royal correspondent
    Alarm bells are ringing. This morning a well-placed source told the BBC that Prince William was 'furious' with his brother about the interview he gave.
    A palace source said that was not his understanding of the prince's mood. Instead the official suggested a mood of concern, for the safety of the couple.
    The interviews revealed two people under considerable pressure, such pressure that they were prepared to go public with their concerns; Harry still struggles with his mental health; the shadow of his mother, Diana, Princess of Wales still looms over his life.
    Worst of all he sees history repeating itself - first the media tore down his mother, he thinks, now his wife.
    William sees the world differently. Once upon a time he too saw the media as an intrusive and often hostile force. No more.
    It is one of the ways that the brothers' paths have diverged. But the tone now is of deep concern for Harry and Meghan - as if they are alone, and vulnerable.

The royal brothers previously campaigned together to help open up conversations about mental health.

In 2017, they and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, took part in a charity fundraiser for their Heads Together initiative, which they set up to challenge stigma around mental health.
    Image copyrightPA MEDIA

Image captionThe Duke and Duchess of Cambridge seen fundraising for a mental health charity alongside Prince Harry in 2017

In May this year, the Cambridges and the Sussexes teamed up to launch a text messaging service for those experiencing a mental health crisis .

The couples later announced their charitable foundation would split, but vowed to continue working together on issues like mental health.
    Prince Harry's comments about the pressure of media scrutiny come as he and his wife pursue legal actions against the press, with Meghan suing the Mail on Sunday over a claim that it unlawfully published one of her private letters.
    The duke filed his own proceedings at the High Court against the owners of the Sun, the defunct News of the World, and the Daily Mirror, in relation to alleged phone-hacking dating back more than a decade.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-50128683

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    The Duke of Cambridge is "worried" about his brother after he talked about his mental health in a TV documentary, a Kensington Palace source has told the BBC.
    Prince William is said to be hoping the Duke and Duchess of Sussex "are all right" after they told an ITV documentary they were struggling .
    The palace source said there was a view the couple were "in a fragile place".
    Kensington Palace had no comment on the ITV film, which aired on Sunday.
    The documentary followed the Duke and Duchess of Sussex on their tour of southern Africa earlier this month.
    In interviews, the couple both said they were struggling with the intense scrutiny from elements of the British tabloid press.

The palace source played down suggestions that Prince William was "furious" with his brother after the documentary aired on Sunday.
    It followed Prince Harry's admission in the film that he and William have "good days" and "bad days".
    Asked about media reports of a rift between the brothers, the Duke of Sussex said that "inevitably, stuff happens" as a result of "this family being under the pressure that it's under".

Video captionPrince Harry on his brother, William: "We are certainly on different paths at the moment"

He added: "We are brothers. We will always be brothers.

"We are certainly on different paths at the moment but I will always be there for him as I know he will always be there for me."
    BBC royal correspondent Jonny Dymond said the rest of the Royal Family "wouldn't be at all happy" about the ITV interview but the couple "clearly felt now was the time that they wanted to clear the air and put their case directly to people".
    It was clear, he added, that the princes' paths were "diverging, particularly when it comes to the media" with William "going out of his way" to try and bring them in, while Harry was still "furious" with them.
    'Not really OK'

Meghan, 38, said in the documentary that adjusting to royal life had been "hard".
    "When I first met my now-husband my friends were really happy because I was so happy," she said.
    "But my British friends said to me, 'I'm sure he's great but you shouldn't do it because the British tabloids will destroy your life'."

Video caption"Not many people have asked if I'm OK," says Meghan

Asked by ITV's Tom Bradby if it was fair to say she was "not really OK", the duchess said: "Yes."

Prince Harry, 35, described his mental health and the way he deals with the pressures of his life as a matter of "constant management".
    He said: "I thought I was out of the woods and then suddenly it all came back, and this is something that I have to manage.
    "Part of this job is putting on a brave face but, for me and my wife, there is a lot of stuff that hurts, especially when the majority of it is untrue."

Analysis

By Jonny Dymond, BBC royal correspondent
    Alarm bells are ringing. This morning a well-placed source told the BBC that Prince William was 'furious' with his brother about the interview he gave.
    A palace source said that was not his understanding of the prince's mood. Instead the official suggested a mood of concern, for the safety of the couple.
    The interviews revealed two people under considerable pressure, such pressure that they were prepared to go public with their concerns; Harry still struggles with his mental health; the shadow of his mother, Diana, Princess of Wales still looms over his life.
    Worst of all he sees history repeating itself - first the media tore down his mother, he thinks, now his wife.
    William sees the world differently. Once upon a time he too saw the media as an intrusive and often hostile force. No more.
    It is one of the ways that the brothers' paths have diverged. But the tone now is of deep concern for Harry and Meghan - as if they are alone, and vulnerable.

The royal brothers previously campaigned together to help open up conversations about mental health.

In 2017, they and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, took part in a charity fundraiser for their Heads Together initiative, which they set up to challenge stigma around mental health.
    Image copyrightPA MEDIA

Image captionThe Duke and Duchess of Cambridge seen fundraising for a mental health charity alongside Prince Harry in 2017

In May this year, the Cambridges and the Sussexes teamed up to launch a text messaging service for those experiencing a mental health crisis .

The couples later announced their charitable foundation would split, but vowed to continue working together on issues like mental health.
    Prince Harry's comments about the pressure of media scrutiny come as he and his wife pursue legal actions against the press, with Meghan suing the Mail on Sunday over a claim that it unlawfully published one of her private letters.
    The duke filed his own proceedings at the High Court against the owners of the Sun, the defunct News of the World, and the Daily Mirror, in relation to alleged phone-hacking dating back more than a decade.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-50128683

A royal reporter on Twitter says that the opposite is true, William is furious that Harry revealed so much and that he admitted that things weren't great between them.

A royal reporter on Twitter says that the opposite is true, William is furious that Harry revealed so much and that he admitted that things weren't great between them.
    See the first sentence under the “analysis” heading. Says it all imo.
    The report I have seen the palace is down playing it and it’s reported in shit-stirrers like the #dailyheil & radaronline...
    ShimmeringGlow likes this.

Of course William is furious, Harry and Megan have put them on notice that they won’t be his fall guy anymore:
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Thread Information