Page 12 of 124 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree7998Likes

Thread: Love 'em or hate 'em: the Harry & Meghan megathread

czb

this is not a markle fansite. hyperbole is a weak way to win this argument.

personally, i am neutral about her but yes, i thought that bloodline comment was racist. helen keller could've seen it was racist.
    Sarzy, Kittylady, sputnik and 14 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    this is not a markle fansite. hyperbole is a weak way to win this argument.

personally, i am neutral about her but yes, i thought that bloodline comment was racist. helen keller could've seen it was racist.
    Agree with all of this. That was one comment I don't see could be taken any other way but being racist (the tweet)

Seriously. It’s a racist tweet and if you don’t want to admit that (because I refuse anyone here is so thick they don’t actually see it), you have some serious soul searching to do. Admitting the obvious would be a way better use of your time than digging your heels and making this the hill you die on.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

actually, the more i think about it, the more the quote sickens me. it's disgusting.

i am not a religious person but this is yom kippur eve and i do take the holiday seriously - it's more of a cultural thing than religious. but i think i'm going to abstain from posting .... don't want to make comments i will have to atone for during tomorrow's fast.

i'd rather think about making apple cake than try to process how anyone can see the bloodline comment as anything but racist.

But of course this is a racist tweet,it happens at football games all the time,=.It does not make it ok,but it is usual.Hyperbole is used to highlight people,s opinions,not to give the exact points.I dont argue with anybody,so nothing to win or loose.I might drop by again after a month or ever..This help to keep a clearer viewpoint on things..It seems at all MM threads is just the same ,predicable posters defending their idol and no one else..even in fansites there is an occasional no fan posting...

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    But of course this is a racist tweet,it happens at football games all the time,=.It does not make it ok,but it is usual.Hyperbole is used to highlight people,s opinions,not to give the exact points.I dont argue with anybody,so nothing to win or loose.I might drop by again after a month or ever..This help to keep a clearer viewpoint on things..It seems at all MM threads is just the same ,predicable posters defending their idol and no one else..even in fansites there is an occasional no fan posting...
    So you are saying that those of us who said it was racist were right and that Rollo, who said it wasn't racist, is wrong?

And if that's the case, why are you getting angry with us if you are essentially agreeing with us?
    crayzeehappee likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I am not angry ,you have all the right to your opinion,as i do.The problem is the name calling,the easy labeling and the HATE against the posters who dont share your opinion..Rollo,and any rollo ,can have a viewpoint,be it,right or wrong,What i defend all along is the RIGHT to people,s opinions when they dont fit to yours,Of course i dont mean you,personally,just the usual Markle squad...

I think that when it comes to racism there can be no middle ground. There can be no fence sitting, no excusing, no "oh that's just the way they are" brushing it off.

If you don't recognise it and actively condemn it then you are enabling it to continue.

It doesn't matter whether you like, dislike or don't give a flying fuck about the target of racism, it's still wrong and should be treated with the contempt it deserves.
    faithanne, czb, greysfang and 14 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    I am not angry ,you have all the right to your opinion,as i do.The problem is the name calling,the easy labeling and the HATE against the posters who dont share your opinion..Rollo,and any rollo ,can have a viewpoint,be it,right or wrong,What i defend all along is the RIGHT to people,s opinions when they dont fit to yours,Of course i dont mean you,personally,just the usual Markle squad...
    No one is owed a "right" to be racist. Just no. Meghan Markle, whether you love her, hate her or are indifferent to her, does not have to put up with racist crap, whether out in the open, coyly disguised as something else, or flat out in her face. No one should have to put up with that. And to justify it as "having an opinion" doesn't fly. That opinion is called being a racist. If you want to express those feelings and thoughts, then own it and stop trying to make it about free speech or having an opinion.

This sickens me. That people are defending OBVIOUS racism and saying anyone who doesn't agree is showing hate against other posters. WTF. And to be crystal clear, the issue here is NOT Meghan Markle. It's the racist comments being whitewashed and excused.
    Last edited by PecanPie; October 8th, 2019 at 05:39 PM.

How does pointing out that this was a blatantly racist tweet prove that you're a Meghan fantard? Let's not be any more ridiculous than the denial of overt racism already is.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    ^ Are you saying that I am racist? Just so that I am clear what you are actually talking about.
    I think Novice was talking about the football twitter comments being racist. You didn’t say anything racist.
    Novice likes this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Yeah, I don’t think that rollo or Effie aré racists. As I’ve said before, people are allowed to dislike Megan shouldn’t be accused of being racist just because they don’t like her. There are other things to dislike her for and don’t argue that she is a perfect person who does no wrong. However, there is no way in HELL that that wasn’t a racist comment. It was a disgusting and vile thing to tweet and not one person should try to defend it and claim that it wasn’t.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Yeah, I don’t think that rollo or Effie aré racists. As I’ve said before, people are allowed to dislike Megan shouldn’t be accused of being racist just because they don’t like her. There are other things to dislike her for and don’t argue that she is a perfect person who does no wrong. However, there is no way in HELL that that wasn’t a racist comment. It was a disgusting and vile thing to tweet and not one person should try to defend it and claim that it wasn’t.
    Not liming Meghan definitely doesn’t make one a racist. No one has to like her. However, many of the comments I’ve seen about her, including some on this site, do seem have some underlying, if not overt, racism. And the double standards that apply to her versus other royals are concerning. I don’t really have a problem calling something out as racist if it is, but obviously not everyone is a racist.

I do think some people harbor certain sentiments but refuse to acknowledge them, and those sentiments come out in comments that are made.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

From what I have read, they are not funded by the tax payers but rather from the Queen's purse directly. I think H & M should go down the same road.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    So what is it that Eddie and Sophie do differently?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    From what I have read, they are not funded by the tax payers but rather from the Queen's purse directly. I think H & M should go down the same road.
    The Queen is a tax payer. Out of an estimated £400 million brought in through Crown holdings/other sources of income the government keeps £360 million.

The cost of the Royal family to the average British tax payer per year is estimated to be £1.24 per person. The estimated worth of the Royals to the country in terms of tourism is an estimated £1.8 billion per year. Big events such as H&M's wedding push that sum even higher as it attracts even more visitors from abroad.

Working Royals get an allowance to cover their expenses for duties carried out on behalf of the crown but their personal expenses are met from their own private sources of income.

All in all the British economy does rather well out of having a Royal family.
    Trixie and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Thread Information