Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree875Likes

Thread: Love 'em or hate 'em: the Harry & Meghan megathread

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Hmm, there are lots of puff pieces planted in People. Meghan likes to use the US press to improve her image. While I will never understand why Thomas Markle didn't attend his own daughter's wedding and give her away, he has a right of reply in this unwinnable game like anyone else.

Harry is playing with fire IMO. I can't help feeling his multiple lawsuits are a distraction/warning against material the press have against Harry/Meghan which they don't want to come out.
    What could possibly come out that is so horrific? They like private planes and luxury clothes and hotels? So, what - they're going to get fired? Worse? Let's see - Meghan really was a yacht girl who is barren and used a surrogate to birth a 'white' baby?

Harry's got his own fortune - they could happily go live in Africa, or imitate the Duke and Duchess of Windsor and not do a fucking thing. Oddly, these two horrible royals, who are thrilling everyone around the Commonwealth aside from a few pearl clutching assholes who I guarantee you have not contributed more good to the Commonwealth and the world as a whole than Harry and Meghan have in the last two fucking years, don't NEED to stay. They actually, truly, WANT to help people live better, stronger, happier lives. They're pretty open about how much they care, but yeah, that's just attention seeking behavior from two fame whores. Do you think they don't know how wildly, madly, insanely they would be embraced by Hollywood, by the massive philanthropic community that exists outside the narrow confines of the British royal family?

Andrew fucking shady pervert friend to sex traffickers is still waltzing around on the Royal dole, but God forbid Harry refuses to put up with the nasty, evil, fucking racist hatred directed at his wife and partner. Bah. I'm done.

Hmm, there are lots of puff pieces planted in People. Meghan likes to use the US press to improve her image. While I will never understand why Thomas Markle didn't attend his own daughter's wedding and give her away, he has a right of reply in this unwinnable game like anyone else.

Harry is playing with fire IMO. I can't help feeling his multiple lawsuits are a distraction/warning against material the press have against Harry/Meghan which they don't want to come out.
    The multiple lawsuits are to get the tabloids to stop spinning/exaggerating untruths. So far, he's won them all. Most of the royal reporters speculated that the Mail on Sunday would receive a lawsuit for publishing Meghan's letter to her dad...and here we are.
    Harry joined a class action lawsuit in progress in regards the phone hacking scandal. He may be playing with fire on this one, but it shows he has nothing to lose. The tabloids though, definitely don't want their information gathering practices exposed. Both sides will be will be wide open and I'm here for it.

IMO, If Harry/Meghan wanted to stop material from getting out, they would work with the tabloids not against them.
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Thomas Markle didn't attend his daughter's wedding because he got paid to stage (very poorly) paparazzi shots. He wouldn't need a 'right to reply' if he had simply smiled and kept a dignified silence. Even the Daily Mail won't keep trying to draw water from an empty well, as has been proven in them almost entirely losing interest in Doria. She gives them nothing so she isn't worth their time or energy, but Thomas still has a few trickles left in him so they'll keep going back as often as they can.

Also if certain sections of the press had something big or serious against Meghan and Harry they would have run it by now. They have jabbed at her hair, her clothes, her pregnancy, her open affection for her husband and her sometimes awkward attempts to bond with the public. Why the constant nitpicking if they have access to tabloid gold?
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

EXCLUSIVE: Thomas Markle said he is ready to travel to Britain to defend his actions over the release of a private letter sent to him by the Duchess of Sussex which is now at the centre of a legal battle

The Duchess of Sussex could come face to face with her estranged father for the first time in four years — across a British courtroom.

Thomas Markle yesterday told why he felt forced to release details of a private letter sent to him by his daughter Meghan which is now at the centre of a bitter UK legal battle.

Sources close to him say he is ready to travel to the UK to defend his actions.

An insider said: “It is tragic how Tom didn’t come to Meghan’s wedding yet his first brush with anything royal could be in one of Her Majesty’s courts.

“Tom speaking out to defend his actions [over the letter] shows his intent, he is adamant he was justified.”

The potential court case is yet another twist in the bitter estrangement between Meghan and her father.

The retired Hollywood lighting director, who lives in Rosarito, Mexico, failed to walk the Duchess, 38, down the aisle at Windsor Castle in May last year after having a heart attack.

Thomas, 75, was hospitalised days after he was exposed for faking pictures with the paparazzi. The pair have not seen each other since 2015. He has never met his son-in-law Harry or grandson, Archie.

The Duchess is suing the Mail on Sunday for publishing the highly personal note.

Her solicitors filed papers last week claiming to publish the letter was a breach of copyright, infringed her privacy and was a breach of the Data Protection Act. Meghan could be called by the paper to be cross-examined while her father appears as a witness for the defence.

She is facing claims she invaded her own privacy after her US friends provided details of the letter’s contents to an American celeb magazine.

Pals of the royal spoke to a journalist from People after Meghan had reportedly sanctioned the move.

She could now be forced to swear on oath whether she did.

Mr Markle received the handwritten five-page letter through Meghan’s California business manager, Andrew Meyer, in August 2018. Despite saying it was hurtful, he vowed to keep it private.

However, without warning, Meghan’s friends then spoke anonymously, revealing the letter’s existence describing it as kind and loving.

They told People magazine: “After the wedding, she wrote him a letter.

“She’s like, ‘Dad. I’m so heartbroken. I love you, I have one father. Please stop victimising me through the media so we can repair our relationship’.”

The move led Mr Markle to provide some of its contents in an attempt to defend himself from the friends’ attack.

Yesterday he said: “The letter didn’t seem loving to me. I found it hurtful.”

He still hopes for a reconciliation, saying: “All it would take is one phone call, and this craziness would stop.”

---

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...e-dad-20526687

"He still hopes for a reconciliation, saying: “All it would take is one phone call, and this craziness would stop.”"

aka: I'm going to continue to act out until I get my way.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

The Observer

I was by Diana’s side in her press battles. I know the risks involved for Harry and Meghan

As the Sussexes launch their legal battle, Diana’s ex-private secretary says they might benefit from a less confrontational approach

Patrick Jephson
    Sat 5 Oct 2019 14.35 BSTLast modified on Sat 5 Oct 2019 21.13 BST
    Sh
    The Duke of Sussex’s unprecedented multi-front war on the media is either a stroke of genius – bamboozling his enemies with the speed and breadth of his attack – or a risky overstretch of finite resources, of the kind that decides the outcome of most long wars.
    Not financial resources, obviously (although potentially years of top-notch legal work will rack up bills to make even a prince’s accountant swallow hard), but the intangible and ultimately more decisive resources of public sympathy and personal resolve. Public sympathy will reliably start in the duke’s corner but is notoriously volatile – hence probably a gamble on one or more swift settlements to steady the troops. As for the rest … all will depend on the scales of justice.

Personal resolve is another matter. To stay the course, up to and possibly including personal court appearances, is a punishing trek on which to set out. Add a crowded baggage train of family, friends and patronages and the Sussexes have set themselves a long march to whatever they have defined as victory.
    We must assume they’ve calculated that the cost of doing nothing is higher than the price of whatever this is. If not, now’s the time to ask themselves what that price might be.
    The duke’s current sense of resolve is clear from last week’s explosive statement asserting wholesale press misbehaviour. Along with the duchess’s suit against the Mail on Sunday, Harry’s blunderbuss opens a campaign that PR masterminds and legal brains have presumably plotted for some time (the special website sussexofficial.uk has been up and ready since March). We’re told that it was all part of the plan to pull the trigger in the heady climax of a successful African tour. So damn the consternation in the palace or the Foreign Office or on the faces of those poor loyal blindsided courtiers – I bet it felt absolutely great. The justified fury of a reasonable husband driven beyond endurance finds blessed release in legal processes and good old fashioned purgative prose. Applause, surely.

I went through something similar with Harry’s mother when we sued the Mirror for sneakily acquired pictures of her working out in a gym. In the heat of battle and gripped by self-righteous indignation, the royal hand reaches resolutely for the mighty sword of truth and… waits. And waits.
    Unless the head of the offending editor(s) can be served up on a plate with the speed to which royal customers are accustomed, the whole business can start to feel like a bad idea. Somebody else’s bad idea, naturally.

Eventually, with the Princess of Wales, our legal champions reached a settlement, but by then it was all rather deflating. We were on tour half a world away when the news of our long-awaited vindication came in. It was the middle of the night so I climbed out of my bed in the embassy and tiptoed across the chilly landing to slide the agreed cryptic note under my boss’s door. It didn’t feel like a victory parade and, funnily enough, next day the familiar faces of the press pack wore expressions that were everything except contrite. And they were still just as peskily objective, as they always should be in a democracy of which (to borrow a phrase from Prince Harry’s statement) they are the cornerstone. It occurred to me then that an attack of cold feet at the beginning of the exercise might have been a blessing in disguise.

It seems Harry did not have time to cite any actual examples of the offences marching through his mind. It would have been worth the effort to do so, if he were seriously seeking an improved modus vivendi with the press he so obviously despises.

Documented evidence of the alleged “ruthless campaign” is presumably easy to find and would certainly have silenced some sceptics. Unquestionably, there has been ruthlessness – and cruelty – to spare online but the thoroughly modern Sussex digital operation must have been prepared for that, not least psychologically.

Accusations of media bullying and prejudice are now being launched from the duchess’s homeland. This can be a learning opportunity for some of her celebrity sisters: royal people have to learn the difference between bullying and criticism, between sarcasm and irony. It’s part of the historic deal that’s overseen by the British media holding to account public figures whose lives are subsidised by (usually) benign British taxpayers.
    But when royal blood is up and the quarry is in plain view, it’s too late to suggest a nice soothing stroll in the autumn air and a happy review of one’s bountiful royal blessings. Not the least of these being the welcome reality that, as sixth in line, and without anyone minding very much, one could push off to America or Africa or Elton John’s corner of Provence for a life of earnest good works and unassailable eco-virtue.

Win or lose in the courts, Harry and Meghan's royal destiny is still split between two worlds
    “Follow your dream”, the duke exhorted young Africans last week. Words for the Sussexes to ponder as they survey the royal future through the sheeting rain over Windsor Great Park. And what a dream: celebrity without apology, Gulfstreams without guilt, Sundays without the Sunday papers and happy anonymity for baby Archie. All this plus gold-plated endorsements from two former US first ladies one of whom, Michelle Obama, hails the duchess “a mould-breaker”.

Well, no surprise, breaking British moulds is a risky business, can be messy and is definitely not for the faint-hearted. It’s hardly Dunkirk or even Afghanistan where bachelor Harry earned such respect, but now’s the time for team Sussex to show what it’s really made of.

There’s just one small detail to be resolved. Win or lose in the courts, Harry and Meghan’s royal destiny is still split between two worlds, much as they themselves seem split between the progressive idealism of Meghan’s home state and the obstinate reality of Britain’s preference for a comfortably conservative ruling family (and who doesn’t need a bit of comfort in these troubling times?). Diana may have been something in the mould-breaker stakes herself, but she never ducked Balmoral, lectured voters on democracy or borrowed invective more normally found in the White House to communicate with a free and fundamentally friendly press.

What’s it to be? Now would be a brilliant time to give Fleet Street and its deplorable insolent tendencies an unequivocal answer. And here’s a respectful suggestion: unclenching your fists will help.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...atrick-jephson
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

It’s funny how the biddie journalists/royalty stalkers are so quick to point out the perils of suing the tabloids and how much it will cost Harry and Meghan and are they tough enough to do it but you don’t think this guy could have used his platform to call out the tabloids for hacking phones, printing the letter in the first place and using Meghan’s deadbeat dad and shitty half-siblings to mount their racist campaign against everything Meghan Markle does or doesn’t do? No?

There’s just one small detail to be resolved. Win or lose in the courts, Harry and Meghan’s royal destiny is still split between two worlds, much as they themselves seem split between the progressive idealism of Meghan’s home state and the obstinate reality of Britain’s preference for a comfortably conservative ruling family (and who doesn’t need a bit of comfort in these troubling times?). Diana may have been something in the mould-breaker stakes herself, but she never ducked Balmoral, lectured voters on democracy or borrowed invective more normally found in the White House to communicate with a free and fundamentally friendly press.
    ok that last line is just comedy gold and proof that nothing this dude wrote was done so in good faith. Disingenuous biddying at its best.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

This Patrick guy is selling his book on Meghan:

Patrick Jephson was equerry and private secretary to Diana, Princess of Wales from 1988 to 1996. His latest book The Meghan Factor is available from Amazon
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

Apparently, the the racist chants were so bad during the match that the Aston Villa players of color were "outraged and disgusted".

^ What has this got to do with Meghan and Harry?

William and his family attended the football match and George loved it. Aston Villa is his father's team. I take the phrase to mean both father and son now obviously support the club (down the bloodline.)

Well they deleted that tweet, I can't even see their account.

It doesn't say "down" the bloodline, it says keeping it "clean". I don't know the backstory but that's a shitty way of putting it if he's talking about generational support for a football team.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

^ What has this got to do with Meghan and Harry?

William and his family attended the football match and George loved it. Aston Villa is his father's team. I take the phrase to mean both father and son now obviously support the club (down the bloodline.)
    i didn’t know talk of clean bloodlines was something football clubs shared with nazis. Pray enlighten us about how this has nothing to do with William’s brother being married to a biracial woman, or why they deleted the tweet if talking about clean bloodlines is such a widely used football club metaphor and has nothing to do with racism.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^ Because biddies like you exploded about it?

It was clearly about father and son - they even depicted William and George together. Anything you want to make it mean about Meghan and Harry is up to you.

Fucking nazis everywhere.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Thread Information