Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
Like Tree2321Likes

Thread: Love 'em or hate 'em: the Harry & Meghan megathread (Biddies v. Narcs edition)

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    I think the reason for the obsession with whether or not Meghan acts again is because the biddies are of the same opinion as Prince Phillip, that actresses are the type of women you have fun with but you don’t marry. Then there are the conspiracy biddies who think this was all some kind of ploy by Meghan to use the poor British Royal family as a stepping stone to return to Hollywood with a better standing than she left it before she married Harry. you know, before she eventually runs for president which has been her end goal all along, apparently
    I think it was simply that she comes from a totally different background (being an American) and was not prepared for a totally different lifestyle with tons of protocol. As for the stepping stone...Meg is past her prime for Hollywood so I don't think that was her intent at all.
    ďA celebrity is a person who works hard all his life to become well known, then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized.Ē Fred Allen

I'm a little bit uncertain that Harry will be able to adjust to life without the royal routine.
    rollo, dexter7, Ravenna and 2 others like this.

It's entirely possible that I misunderstood the statements from both the RF and Harry/Meghan, but I still feel that they'll go back into active royals status and do at least some engagements after one year/when the lawsuit is over. Sitting around in irrelevance is not a life goal (see Prince Edward and Wallis) maybe both of them feel it already. If the RF has still interest in them (and I'm sure they see the potential here), maybe they'll get themselves to actually act against the horrible racist shit Meghan had to endure and Archie will have to deal with and protect them. It is all about finding an agreement.
    Novice and weathered1 like this.

^ That's what they wanted but the Queen made it clear that they could not be half in, half out and choose the best bits from afar.

Harry's childhood friend Tom 'Skippy' Inskip 'had doubts' about Meghan and warned the prince to slow things down with her, new book claims

• Tom 'Skippy' Inskip expressed reservations about Meghan Markle to the Prince
    • He suggested they should live together before 'doing anything more serious'
    • Mr Inskip and wife Lara were reportedly 'punished' by being excluded from couple's wedding party at Frogmore House
    • Revelations are made in book Finding Freedom about the Duke and Duchess

By WILLIAM COLE FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 02:14, 9 August 2020 | UPDATED: 11:40, 9 August 2020
    One of Prince Harry's oldest friends expressed his reservations about Meghan Markle but was 'punished' for giving his advice, a new book claims.
    Tom 'Skippy' Inskip had been a close friend of the Duke after they met at Eton College, and were for a time inseparable.
    But according to the upcoming biography, Finding Freedom, Skippy had a falling out with Prince Harry after he shared his 'doubts' about the Duchess before they became engaged.

He is believed to have advised Harry and Meghan to live together before 'doing anything more serious.'

+3

According to the upcoming biography, Finding Freedom, Tom 'Skippy' Inskip had a falling out with Prince Harry after he shared his 'doubts' about the Duchess before they became engaged.

A source close to Duke and Duchess of Sussex told the book's authors that although his advice 'came from a good place,' Prince Harry 'didn’t totally see it that way', according to the Sunday Telegraph.
    'It really hurt him that someone he was so close to would not trust his judgment,' added the source, who is believed to have spoken out with the permission of Harry and Meghan.
    As a result, Mr Inskip and his wife Lara were reportedly 'punished' by being excluded from Prince Harry and Meghan’s wedding party at Frogmore House.
    Instead, they had to watch as the Royal couple’s new friends such as Oprah Winfrey and George Clooney made their way to the event.

+3

He is believed to have advised Harry and Meghan to live together before 'doing anything more serious'. A source close to Duke and Duchess of Sussex told the book's authors that although his advice 'came from a good place,' Prince Harry 'didn’t totally see it that way'
    It is believed that Skippy, who lives in Washington DC and works at US tech giant Afiniti, have since reconciled after the death of his mother-in-law last year following severe mental health problems.
    Skippy was one of those in Las Vegas in 2012 when Harry was infamously caught playing naked billiards with showgirls in a hotel suite.
    And he was also with the Prince when he was seen inhaling 'hippy crack' - or laughing gas - at another party.

+

Skippy was one of those in Las Vegas in 2012 when Harry was infamously caught playing naked billiards with showgirls in a hotel suite. Pictured: Harry and Skippy at the 2013 wedding of James Meade and Lady Laura Marsham

Harry acted as an usher at Skippy’s wedding to literary agent Lara in Jamaica back in 2017, when Meghan made one of her first appearances with the Prince.
    It has been previously revealed that Harry’s brother, Prince William, also advised him to slow down, leading to reports of a deep rift between the two.
    According to the book, which is published on Tuesday, Harry took offence when William told him: 'Take as much time as you need to get to know this girl.'
    Harry is said to have considered the choice of the words 'this girl' to be condescending.
    'In those last two words, "this girl", Harry heard the tone of snobbishness that was anathema to his approach to the world,' claims the book.
    'During his ten-year career in the military, outside the Royal bubble, he had learnt not to make snap judgments about people based on their accent, education, ethnicity, class or profession.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ok-claims.html
    Sarzy, LurkieLoo and DawnM74 like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Who ARE these people? This is crazy to me. Arenít they all in their 30s? Is it normal at that age to involve yourself in your friendsí relationships unsolicited? Iím in my 30s and cannot imagine giving my friends or relatives relationship advice that they didnít request. They really do all sound like snobs. I would have told them to mind their own business too. Half of that crowd is marrying mostly for financial, social climbing, or other non-love purposes anyway.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Only a long time friend who has covered for many of Harry's cockups in the past.

I've said something similar to my friend since childhood - she was rushing into a relationship with a guy who was shady AF. She is now happily married to a different much nicer guy. I wouldn't normally put my 2 cents in but I was genuinely concerned and care about her a lot.
    SHELLEE, dexter7, Sarzy and 3 others like this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    Only a long time friend who has covered for many of Harry's cockups in the past.

I've said something similar to my friend since childhood - she was rushing into a relationship with a guy who was shady AF. She is now happily married to a different much nicer guy. I wouldn't normally put my 2 cents in but I was genuinely concerned and care about her a lot.
    I just couldn’t do it. Other adults’ relationships are not my business. Like, my sister and I are extremely close, but if I didn’t like her boyfriend, I’d keep it to myself, unless she specifically asked me. And even then, I’d be very careful about what I said. People are touchy about their relationships and once someone has hit 30, they are old enough to weigh the consequences of their decisions without their friends’ input (JMO).
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "

Harry can never be accused of acting his chronological age even from this article! Sometimes friends and family have to try and step in to save you from yourself. It has been suggested that Tom 'knew' Meghan before Harry did.
    Sleuth, effie2 and DawnM74 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    I hate the blue-white chiclet teeth you see a lot on American TV but those are mostly veneers.
    Always makes me think of the Ross tooth whitening episode on Friends. Glow in the dark teeth. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYe7JECvr30

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Harry can never be accused of acting his chronological age even from this article! Sometimes friends and family have to try and step in to save you from yourself. It has been suggested that Tom 'knew' Meghan before Harry did.
    It’s 2020. If it’s true they did sleep together why should that reflect worse on the woman than the man? Assuming your use of the quaintly Victorian term “knew” means they had sex...

Yes, its been said or rumored that Meghan and Tom fucked prior to her being with Harry.
    rollo, effie2 and LurkieLoo like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by PecanPie View Post
    It’s 2020. If it’s true they did sleep together why should that reflect worse on the woman than the man? Assuming your use of the quaintly Victorian term “knew” means they had sex...
    Don't know where you got all of that to be offended by. You can take 'knew' in any sense you like to show Tom knew her first and could advise Harry if he was willing to take advice from a friend. Meghan asked her friend if Harry was 'kind.' People ask around. Are there any other threads that you like these days?
    DawnM74 and LurkieLoo like this.

Tom had used her services before..that is what is said and that is why he was banned..let us not beat around the bush we are adults here.
    DawnM74, rollo and SHELLEE like this.

Used her services?? Like paid for sex with her??

Someone link me to this story!

Harry ditching his friend b/c he had previously slept with Meghan makes more sense to me than Harry getting his boxers in a wad over his friend saying, essentially, take it slow.
    Novice, czb, SHELLEE and 3 others like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Thread Information