Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree590Likes

Thread: Love 'em or hate 'em: the Harry & Meghan megathread (Biddies v. Narcs edition)

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    I don't like Meghan. She thinks she's so special, she's not. Wish people would stop paying her and her henpecked husband any attention whatsoever.
    I don't like her either. I was rather indifferent to her in the beginning and now I find her all kinds of annoying.
    effie2, DawnM74, Sleuth and 2 others like this.

Meghan and Harry moved to paparazzi ‘hotspot’

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have jumped from the proverbial frying pan into the paparazzi fire.
    The couple, who claimed harsh treatment from the British press and prying paparazzi drove them to leave the royal family earlier this year and flee their secluded estate outside of London, first for Canada and now Los Angeles, have another thing coming to them if they think photographers will lay off them. And some warn the situation could be potentially deadly for the family, mirroring Princess Diana’s deadly crash in Paris.
    The dynamic duo have settled into the gated Serra Retreat area of Malibu — a “hotbed of around 300 photographers,” according to one celebrity snapper who regularly camps out there with his compatriots to get a glimpse of stars like Mel Gibson, Britney Spears and Kylie Jenner who have frequented it in the past.

LA photographer Mark Karloff, host of the Paparazzi Podcast, told the Daily Star Meghan and Harry that while they might have privacy a few miles inside the gated community, they’re surrounded by a hot bed of camera lenses.

“This is LA, there are probably 200 to 300 photographers around, they’re really hungry for pictures right now,” he told the paper. “If they were out and about, they could expect to get it constantly if they decide to frequent any place.

“There are different breeds of photographers, there are photographers we would call savages that will pretty much do anything to get a picture,” he continued. “They will stay as many hours as they need to wait for an exit or wait for them to come out.”

Karloff said he believed that the couple will be living in Serra Retreat, where they can expect to find photographers at either exit of the grounds.

“There will be at least three or four photographers there at all times,” he told the Daily Star.

In another interview Karloff warned the couple will be “hounded” and advised the couple to negotiate with some of the best photographers out there before going about their day.

“They’re going to have to [negotiate] because then it gets dangerous, the more resistance to the pictures is what gets things dangerous. It’s not necessarily the photographers that are after them. When celebrities or security make it difficult to get photos, a lot of photographers will get more aggressive.”
    Malibu is also treacherous as not only are the beaches in California all public, the main road going in and out is Highway 1 — which is packed most days — or two lane winding roads through the steep hills surrounding the coast. A potential paparazzi chase could be deadly.

“It doesn’t need to be that way, obviously if you’re somebody who is more of a private person and who hasn’t chosen a life of being in the public eye, and you don’t want to be photographed that’s a different story,” Karloff told the Star. “But if you’re someone like Meghan who has openly been wanting this celebrity life, you’re going to have to quote unquote give it up a lot of the time.”
    This sounds like something Harry — who notoriously loathes the paparazzi and blames them for his mother’s death — will have a hard time swallowing.

https://pagesix.com/2020/04/25/megha...razzi-hotspot/
    DawnM74, Sarzy and Sleuth like this.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I was hoping for an essay and/or narcofesto, but they weren't that interesting anyway. Damn.

I still don't think narc is the right term for a narcissist and would you pronounce it nark or narse? And yes, I'm stuck on this stupid point.
    Yup, I prefer 'narc' for snitch and 'daffodildo' for the personality trait disorder.
    Waterslide likes this.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Luckily many who stopped coming here are in the GR Facebook page and it’s great seeing them again. Not a Bella though.
    yeah, that is good. i'm not on the FB page but i assume someone (sput) could find me if needed.
    sputnik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I agree, a narc is a snitch. I don't know what you'd call someone with NPD. A sist?
    <br><br>I like the sist option much more than a narc.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^<br>that's what i always thought but then several years ago i started seeing narc used more and more to describe narcissists.
    <br><br>Now I'm wondering if I'd seen it other places and not realized that's what they were talking about.&nbsp; It kind of caught me off guard reading sanserif's posts so I can assume I just glossed over it elsewhere without even noticing.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br><br>
    Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    or she got busy with other stuff? who knows. people have dropped off here over the years and sometimes it was political (bella) and other times we have no clue.
    <br><br>I got busy with life and was gone for a while and no one had run me off or offended me or anything else.&nbsp; It just happened and I wasn't mad at anyone and I figure A*O is probably just taking a breather.<br><br>
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Yeah, I don't think she was intimidated or anything like that. I think she just stopped finding it fun. I do wish she'd come back as this thread is more interesting when it's not an echo chamber... although the banned noob's 'why won't you accept my obviously brilliant theory even though it insults most of you' was getting a tad ridiculous.
    <br><br>Agreed.&nbsp; I disagreed with A*O on a lot of stuff, but I always appreciated her different and differing opinions followed by "flame away!" LOL&nbsp; On the other hand, she did seem frustrated and unhappy here by the end of her posting, so I don't know...<br><br>As for liking vs disliking Meghan, it's just been frustrating for many of us - and why I often stay out of the her threads - because no one ever gives a straight answer and why she's so evil and inappropriate and how she doesn't know her place and how she's brought the British royal family tumbling down and blah blah blah but we'd get&nbsp; a lot of vague "You just don't understand but if you did you'd see it's because she's evil and doesn't know how to cross her ankles and her hair falls out of buns." Whenever we ask for more, we're shut down and told were arguing. I think a lot of us genuinely were trying to figure out why people hate her so much.&nbsp; I know I was. Going deeper into that is the undeniable racism and prejudice that the British tabs have engendered, perpetuated, and nurtured on their sites.&nbsp; That's disgusting, but I don't think that every person who dislikes her is racist, so then that whole pot starts to boil and people feel defensive and it just goes round and round.&nbsp; I don't understand the fuss about her either way, but I don't dislike her and therefore probably lean more into actually liking her.<br><br>What pisses me off is when people paint Harry out to be a poor, dumb, bumbling man who has been bewitched by a biracial, American divorcée who wants nothing but to destroy him.&nbsp; First of all, I'm sure he is immature and spoiled but he's a grown man and no one is making him do anything.&nbsp; I think if anything he found an out with Meghan.&nbsp; He was probably wishing he could walk away for a long time and she probably said to him, why the fuck not?&nbsp; I guess I don't see the point of snagging a royal and a title just to make a U-turn back to North America.&nbsp; Most people trying to pull a prince want that lifestyle - the clothes, the jewelry, the bowing, the handshaking, the servants, the adulation, etc., so I don't know what the game plan was there.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>
    <br>
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Anywhere they go they're going to be hounded. But even though on the surface it seems crazy to chose such a high visibility area as LA, their anti-papparazzi laws (especially when it comes to reckless driving to obtain pics or getting too close to children) probably actually do make it safer if they want to lead a semi-normal life. They'll still get snapped, but it will be from a distance.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Presumably they are in LA for Meghan to re-launch her career? Harry just wanted to get away from the RF and that could be the extent of it for him, living a life of semi-retirement at a relatively young age.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

What i learned all this time at GR is that you can live a very secluded life anywhere if you want to.Jolie kept moaning through her daily pap parades and then she,ll be gone for months.Again she,ll take the kids shopping dressed up to the nines .I used Jolie as an easy and known example.They court the press and then moan..I am sure they can do it.If they want.For almost two months in Canada ,no one bother them,exept when they called the paps on that hike.
    rollo and DawnM74 like this.

Please let us not have a repeat of the Jolie situation for years on end. Every actor is only as good as their last movie until they have a body of work behind them.
    Mrs Fawlty likes this.

Ok, I'm just popping in to apologize for that wall of text. I edited something on my laptop last night and that block of babble was apparently the result. This board is falling to pieces.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Prince Harry recorded a message to celebrate the 75th anniversary of Thomas the Tank Engine before he and wife Meghan quit as senior royals and moved to America, it has emerged today.
    In video footage released this morning, the Duke of Sussex introduces a new program called 'Thomas and Friends: The Royal Engine,' which features his father and grandmother, Prince Charles and the Queen, as animated characters.
    It is not yet clear if the Queen sanctioned her image being used in the cartoon or if she even knew about the episode. Buckingham Palace will not comment on the footage.
    Proceeds from the anniversary edition are being donated to environment and sustainability projects under Harry's Travalyst project.
    The 22-minute special - which will air in America one day before the UK - also features a royal train named the Duchess of Loughborough, in an apparent nod to Meghan.
    Meghan has carried out similar work in the wake of seeking financial independence and moving to the US, narrating the Disney+ documentary Elephant which started streaming on April 3, three days after she and Harry officially quit royal life.
    In his introduction - which was recorded in January before his move overseas - Prince Harry is seen sitting in an armchair, reading from a book about the train's adventures. A donation from the recording was made to charity.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nk-Engine.html
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Meghan Markle's legal battle with the British press suffered a body blow today after large parts of her case against the Mail on Sunday were dismissed as 'irrelevant' by a High Court judge including her claims of a malicious media 'agenda' against her.

Mr Justice Warby has also 'struck out' her allegations that journalists had acted dishonestly and had caused the rift between her and her estranged father Thomas by ‘digging up dirt’ to portray Meghan in a 'negative light'.

The Duchess of Sussex, 38, is suing Associated Newspapers over an article which reproduced parts of a handwritten note she sent to Mr Markle, 75, in August 2018, three months after he was unable to walk her down the aisle following a heart attack.
    The former Suits actress claims her father's decision to make the letter public in February 2019 – days after he was 'vilified' by five of her closest friends in a US magazine - had breached her privacy, copyright and data protection rights in a case now dubbed 'Markle vs Markle'.
    Her London legal team, led by celebrity barrister David Sherborne, also accused journalists of 'dishonesty', stirring up conflict between Meghan and her father, and maliciously pursuing an agenda to portray her in a false and damaging light.
    Associated Newspapers [AN], publisher of the Mail on Sunday and MailOnline, made an application to have these three parts of her claim thrown out in an online hearing watched by the Sussexes from Los Angeles last Friday.

Today Mr Justice Warby ruled entirely in the publisher’s favour and threw out the claims as 'irrelevant’ saying: 'I do not consider the allegations in question go to the heart of the case'.
    He said in his judgment, published at Midday: 'I have struck out all the passages attacked in the application notice. Some of the allegations are struck out as irrelevant to the purpose for which they are pleaded. Some are struck out on the further or alternative ground that they are inadequately detailed. I have also acted so as to confine the case to what is reasonably necessary and proportionate for the purpose of doing justice between these parties’.
    Associated Newspapers will also ask the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to pay their costs of in excess of £50,000 after the couple refused their offer to deal with the issue out of court to save the High Court having to set up an online hearing during the coronavirus crisis. Meghan's costs are said to have been £60,000-plus.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...il-Sunday.html

Sleuth, rollo and DawnM74 like this.

It's only a procedural loss at the moment. The case rumbles on.

i don't see the winning that case just because it's hard to win these cases to begin with and in this case, markle's father is working against h&m, and the UK doesn't have strict privacy laws like france, so i would be surprised if they won.
    crayzeehappee and DawnM74 like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Especially with that judge

"Mr Justice Warby
    The High Court judge presiding over the Duchess of Sussex's legal action against the Mail on Sunday previously defended the same newspaper in a case brought by the Prince of Wales.
    Sir Mark Warby QC, 61, acted for the tabloid newspaper after it was sued by Prince Charles for publishing extracts from his 1997 journal on his thoughts on the handover of Hong Kong to the Chinese. "

https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/practic...067329.article
    DawnM74 likes this.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information