Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree591Likes

Thread: Love 'em or hate 'em: the Harry & Meghan megathread (Biddies v. Narcs edition)

I agree, a narc is a snitch. I don't know what you'd call someone with NPD. A sist?
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

^^^^
    that's what i always thought but then several years ago i started seeing narc used more and more to describe narcissists.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I have dealt with this in therapy a great deal in the past. Everyone has abbreviated it to NPD ... narcissistic personality disorder. There's even a decent sized raised by narcissists subreddit ... https://www.reddit.com/r/raisedbynarcissists/ <---- this is me

I honestly have never heard it as narc.
    Waterslide likes this.
    We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have co-operated with the authors of an explosive new book that risks inflicting further anguish on the Royal Family, it was claimed last night.
    Palace insiders expect the biography – provisionally entitled Thoroughly Modern Royals: The Real World Of Harry And Meghan – to paint a flattering portrait of the couple.
    But there are fears it will also be a score-settling exercise in which Harry and Meghan's strained relationship with the Royal Family and painful decision to quit Britain are revisited in uncomfortable detail.
    The Mail on Sunday has been told that before moving to North America, the privacy-obsessed Sussexes gave an interview to the book's authors, both journalists. One of them, Omid Scobie, is an acknowledged Meghan cheerleader and was one of the favoured journalists given details of the couple's video call to the Queen last week in which they wished her a happy 94th birthday.

Echoing Princess Diana's secret involvement in the blockbuster biography, Diana: Her True Story, when she encouraged her friends to speak to author Andrew Morton, questions are being asked whether members of Meghan's inner circle were being urged to help Scobie and his American co-author, Carolyn Durand.
    The 320-page biography, due to be released on August 11, is expected to be a global bestseller.
    Last week, Harry and Meghan launched an extraordinary broadside against the British media from their Hollywood hideout, announcing they would no longer 'engage' with certain newspapers in protest at the way they claim their lives are covered.
    To the dismay of courtiers, the diatribe was issued on the eve of the Queen's birthday and with the country paralysed by Covid-19.
    News of the book comes as the first round of a legal dispute between the Duchess and The Mail on Sunday reached the High Court last week. The Duchess is suing this newspaper for publishing parts of a letter she sent to her estranged father, Thomas Markle, three months after he missed her wedding following a heart attack.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ll-Royals.html
    rollo likes this.

At least Andrew Morton was a proper journalist and could write a book on his own.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Didnt take long,probably in need of some pocket money until Charles coughs up the real stuff.
    rollo, DawnM74, Sleuth and 1 others like this.

Diana was clever enough to work in secret and not give four months' notice.
    effie2, DawnM74 and Sleuth like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

My opinion doesn't matter, but I wish they would give themselves time to adjust to their new life. It must be stressful to go through this whole move and still have to deal with all this pap shit.
    We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I have dealt with this in therapy a great deal in the past. Everyone has abbreviated it to NPD ... narcissistic personality disorder. There's even a decent sized raised by narcissists subreddit ... https://www.reddit.com/r/raisedbynarcissists/ <---- this is me

I honestly have never heard it as narc.
    No, it's Narc, with a capital "N" With the capitalization of words he/she felt important and such a wealth of knowledge of Narcissists and dislike of that Nasty Meghan, perhaps our short-lived poster was Trump. He's bored now that he's not doing his daily briefings.
    Nevan and Waterslide like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post

And effie we didn't run A*O off. At least I don't think so. She's tougher than that. And taken a powder more than once, whether pissed off or not. And hopefully will be back.
    or maybe she just can't stand us anymore and decided to leave?
    shit happens, people change and you can't control it for the sake of nostalgia, and if it stops being fun or bringing anything to your life, then it makes sense to step back.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

or she got busy with other stuff? who knows. people have dropped off here over the years and sometimes it was political (bella) and other times we have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    Well for once I kept it reined in so it only has itself to blame for any banning!

And effie we didn't run A*O off. At least I don't think so. She's tougher than that. And taken a powder more than once, whether pissed off or not. And hopefully will be back.
    Yeah, I don't think she was intimidated or anything like that. I think she just stopped finding it fun. I do wish she'd come back as this thread is more interesting when it's not an echo chamber... although the banned noob's 'why won't you accept my obviously brilliant theory even though it insults most of you' was getting a tad ridiculous.

I don't like Meghan. She thinks she's so special, she's not. Wish people would stop paying her and her henpecked husband any attention whatsoever.
    effie2, DawnM74 and rollo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    or she got busy with other stuff? who knows. people have dropped off here over the years and sometimes it was political (bella) and other times we have no clue.
    Luckily many who stopped coming here are in the GR Facebook page and it’s great seeing them again. Not a Bella though.
    effie2 likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    I don't like Meghan. She thinks she's so special, she's not. Wish people would stop paying her and her henpecked husband any attention whatsoever.
    Agreed. I'm not a royalist but I thought that she'd be good for the country initially. Bored now.
    DawnM74 and Sleuth like this.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information