Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Like Tree2881Likes

Thread: Love 'em or hate 'em: the Harry & Meghan megathread (Biddies v. Narcs edition)

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    I agree. Unfortunately, it’s not unusual. This happens a lot in mixed- cultural or mixed-race relationships. Some people who are not accepting. My dad is a wonderful father and I adore him, but if I had brought home a white fiancé, he wouldn’t have been cool with it. Dating, he wouldn’t have liked but he wouldn’t have said anything about it. Marriage he would have had a huge issue. He’s from the rural South, had very negative experiences, and just wouldn’t have accepted it. I’m sure there are a lot of couples who broke up because of family acceptance issues.

I’ve heard for years about Harry liking black women.
    Same here, growing up I would have to say my family was very racist and Republican. I think they would've flipped out if I brought home a black man. My uncle was the worst. His youngest son married a girl who had a black stepfather and of course he had to accept that there were black people at the wedding. But at least he didn't have to worry about the poor mixed children, their greatest fear. Since it was just a stepfather. He loved Trump but didn't live to see him elected, which gave me joy. A few of my cousins are still racist Trumpies, thankfully I don't speak to them. I remember my mom was appalled that Family Feud showed mixed families on tv. How I didn't adopt their views and ended up a liberal democrat is kind of a mystery.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Once, when a little tipsy, Ma Kitty told me about a guy she dated called David. She adored him but my grandparents made them split up because his father was white but his mother was Indian. I don't think she ever really forgave them for it and David will always be her "What If?".

Shortly afterwards she met my 'father' and was very heavily encouraged by her parents to make it all official. My grandmother even pulled every guilt trip she could when Ma Kitty tried to back out shortly before the wedding. The marriage did not turn out well.

Edited to add: my grandad eventually apologised to her and said that he'd acted out of misguided love, that he'd wanted to 'save' her from the extreme difficulties they would have faced as an interracial couple in a small, very patriarchal Northern town in the 70's. My grandmother never apologised, never acknowledged David had ever existed. My grandmother was good at denial. She would never admit that the abusive marriage that she'd railroaded her daughter into had ultimately ended in divorce.
    Last edited by Kittylady; May 28th, 2020 at 03:49 AM.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Harry and Meghan are President and Vice President of the Trust.

The Queen's Commonwealth Trust
    @queenscomtrust

Young people are vital voices in the fight against injustice and racism around the world. As a global community of young leaders we stand together in pursuit of fairness and a better way forward.Silence is not an option.
    #BlackLivesMatter

https://twitter.com/queenscomtrust/s...30722157056001

Blind Item #6

In an attempt to get even more security and to have it paid for, the alliterate former actress turned royal is having her people call reporters and tabloids complaining about drones and that they fear some of the drones might be lethal and targeting the family. This need for attention is getting ridiculous.

POSTED BY ENT LAWYER AT 8:00 AM

https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2...#disqus_thread
    The comments should show up. They really hate her over at cdan.
    rollo and effie2 like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Geez, that's not even blind. And I think it's horrible that reporters and tabloids are using drones to get even more into people's private spaces. I'd be pissed too.
    czb, Kittylady, weathered1 and 4 others like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I still can't reconcile their withdrawal from public life with their apparent "need for attention". Isn't that kind of the opposite of what a famewhoring narcissist would do? And yet people are still claiming that she's "thirsty" because she was papped taking her dog for a walk a few weeks back.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    Geez, that's not even blind. And I think it's horrible that reporters and tabloids are using drones to get even more into people's private spaces. I'd be pissed too.
    And yet they've moved to LA. In fact, they've told everyone whose house they're renting!
    DawnM74 and LurkieLoo like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

This is really a slap in the face.' Bitter Meghan complains that Kate Middleton 'snaps her fingers' and gets backing of the Palace after negative Tatler article, while she was crucified by the media and received no support

Meghan Markle complained that Kate Middleton 'snaps her fingers' and receives the backing of the Palace, yet she wasn't given the same treatment

British society magazine Tatler ran a cover story about Kate - headlined 'Catherine the Great' – but Kate and William took issue with the article

They said it contained a 'swathe of inaccuracies and false representations', with Kensington Palace sending legal letters to the magazine to remove the story
    Meghan pointed out to friends that she was plagued by negative stories but had received no support from the royal family

A source told DailyMail.com: 'She was made to feel like she was asking too much, expecting too much, when all she wanted was support from the powers that be'
    'All fell on deaf ears and then Kate comes along, snaps her fingers and gets an outpouring of support,' they added

The negative press was one of the reasons Meghan and Harry decided to quit their royal duties and move to Los Angeles, sources said

I really doubt that *any* friend of H&M would speak to the DailyFail especially with the ongoing court case.

^ I feel like this is a synopsis of their book.
    LurkieLoo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    And yet they've moved to LA. In fact, they've told everyone whose house they're renting!
    When did they make an announcement about where they moved?

I’ve only read it through online gossip.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

^ They plant stories through their PR. Then they do Zoom interviews with the owner's family picture in the background. Then they put fences up (as they did in Canada.) It's not gossip, it's different ways of getting their visibility out there. Then they complain etc. This is all orchestrated back and forth, without any real news or progress to offer. Of course, real world events haven't helped and they don't seem to relate to those much (handy PR tip.) That's why the constant repetition, I guess. Plus they have a book to sell and a court case to build up.
    effie2 likes this.

While I don't think that they handled their downstepping really well, I've only seen pictures of Mehan once this year, when she was out with her dog, masked.
    She is staying away from the public.
    mostroop and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    This is really a slap in the face.' Bitter Meghan complains that Kate Middleton 'snaps her fingers' and gets backing of the Palace after negative Tatler article, while she was crucified by the media and received no support

Meghan Markle complained that Kate Middleton 'snaps her fingers' and receives the backing of the Palace, yet she wasn't given the same treatment

British society magazine Tatler ran a cover story about Kate - headlined 'Catherine the Great' – but Kate and William took issue with the article

They said it contained a 'swathe of inaccuracies and false representations', with Kensington Palace sending legal letters to the magazine to remove the story
    Meghan pointed out to friends that she was plagued by negative stories but had received no support from the royal family

A source told DailyMail.com: 'She was made to feel like she was asking too much, expecting too much, when all she wanted was support from the powers that be'
    'All fell on deaf ears and then Kate comes along, snaps her fingers and gets an outpouring of support,' they added

The negative press was one of the reasons Meghan and Harry decided to quit their royal duties and move to Los Angeles, sources said

I really doubt that *any* friend of H&M would speak to the DailyFail especially with the ongoing court case.
    Urblit Publishing (@OAuthorpreneurs) Tweeted:
    @TheSun and @DailyMailUK make sure you have your US sources ready. You cannot use copyrighted podcasts and claim these are 'friends' of #MeghanMarkle when it was explicitly stated to you no one in #sussexsquad represents #HarryandMeghan You've been warned. https://t.co/dCQszqWJeA https://twitter.com/OAuthorpreneurs/...646417922?s=20

Probably not - her “friends” just speak to People magazine instead.
    effie2 likes this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    ^ They plant stories through their PR. Then they do Zoom interviews with the owner's family picture in the background. Then they put fences up (as they did in Canada.) It's not gossip, it's different ways of getting their visibility out there. Then they complain etc. This is all orchestrated back and forth, without any real news or progress to offer. Of course, real world events haven't helped and they don't seem to relate to those much (handy PR tip.) That's why the constant repetition, I guess. Plus they have a book to sell and a court case to build up.
    Tbh, I am a fan of Meghan and I frequent multiple gossip sites, and I don’t know anything about Zoom interviews that they’ve done. I think you actively have to seek them out to find them because I have yet to see ONE interview with them and I even follow them on IG. They are not doing the same stuff as the thirsty celebs are. Other than a picture of her walking her dog not too long ago, I don’t see any pictures of them. I didn’t even know they were writing a book. It really seems like people are actively seeking out info about them and then complaining that they are fame whores. It’s pretty easy to avoid info about them if you don’t like them. My husband could not identify Meghan or Harry if I showed him pictures of them and doesn’t know anything about their lives. They are not all that visible... that’s just my opinion.

She can’t win anyway. When Archie was born and they disappeared and didn’t release photos, they were criticized for not being visible enough and not letting the public see them. Now she is occasionally seen on Zoom I guess and walking her dog and she’s a fame whore.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Thread Information