Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Like Tree1139Likes

Thread: Love 'em or hate 'em: the Harry & Meghan megathread (Biddies v. Narcs edition)

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    ^ I know - that little face - honestly, it used to make me roll my eyes, but they were horrible parents to that sensitive little boy, and they kept at it by sending him to a boarding school that was also sparse, cold, and demanding, and then pushing him into a marriage with a charming but emotionally unstable 19 year old girl. I don't think Charles started to believe in himself until he finally put his foot down and declared his relationship with Camilla was non-negotiable. Yeah, of course they were horrible to Diana, but they don't get a re-do. It makes me truly happy to see them together, and I think it's obviously turned his life around.
    I'm still analyzing his part in the Sussex debacle, but at least we know his feelings for and about Andrew are more acceptable than the queen's delusional adoration.
    Charles and Camilla could have done things differently in the beginning (regardless of her not being "marriage" material). They don't get a pass in my book. That being said, I think Charles was pressured to get married around that time but not necessarily to Diana and I think he had no idea what he was getting himself in for with her. He was an absolute ass to her right from the beginning of the marriage. I'm not so sure anyone in her shoes would have dealt well with Camilla in the background. Anyhoo, at least he seems determined to trim the RF and that includes the pedo. Not sure why the Queen has blinders on when it comes to him and always has.
    Last edited by LurkieLoo; May 15th, 2020 at 04:10 PM. Reason: grammar
    mostroop and qwerty like this.
    “A celebrity is a person who works hard all his life to become well known, then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized.” Fred Allen

Ah, yes...the delightfully vicious fantasist who questioned the queen mother’s parentage, criticized the #MeToo movement for not allowing “men to be men,” appeared on ‘I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here,’ and defended Andrew’s friendship with Jeffrey Epstein and even his alleged ‘tryst’ with a 17 year old girl.

She survived a rather horrific scandal of her own: she was born with deformed genitalia, and for some ungodly reason the decision was made to raise her as a boy. (WTF???). When she was 21, her grandmother discovered what had happened and gave her $5000 for the surgery. I think within a year she had the operation, met and married the youngest son of some duke and divorced him or was divorced by him after he learned her unconventional and difficult story.

Apparently, going through her very own scandal did not make her empathetic to anyone else’s public humiliation.
    crayzeehappee likes this.

My sister and I were talking about this a while ago .... we have an older sister that is married to a Cuban and they live in Miami where everybody speaks Spanish. If I'm around her for even a few days, I walk away with a Spanish accent to my very Jerseyan normal accent. I was almost embarrassed about it, but I brought it up to my younger sister and she said the same thing happens to her.

Ah, yes...the delightfully vicious fantasist who questioned the queen mother’s parentage, criticized the #MeToo movement for not allowing “men to be men,” appeared on ‘I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here,’ and defended Andrew’s friendship with Jeffrey Epstein and even his alleged ‘tryst’ with a 17 year old girl.

She survived a rather horrific scandal of her own: she was born with deformed genitalia, and for some ungodly reason the decision was made to raise her as a boy. (WTF???). When she was 21, her grandmother discovered what had happened and gave her $5000 for the surgery. I think within a year she had the operation, met and married the youngest son of some duke and divorced him or was divorced by him after he learned her unconventional and difficult story.

Apparently, going through her very own scandal did not make her empathetic to anyone else’s public humiliation.

^^^ This is about Camilla? I've never heard that story.
    SHELLEE likes this.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

^ No, Lindsay was talking about Lady Colin Campbell!
    czb, lindsaywhit and SHELLEE like this.

"Lady" Colin Campbell was born intersex which was why she was raised as a boy.
    She claims that her marriage broke down because Colin Campbell was an alcoholic & junkie but I reckon it's because she's a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    ^ No, Lindsay was talking about Lady Colin Campbell!
    Thank you, I was confused too.
    Sarzy and lindsaywhit like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Someone looked into their crystal ball and predicted the future. I also saw a blog post from early 2016 that said that Harry was going to end up marrying a woman of color because of the type of women that he was attracted to in private.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    Someone looked into their crystal ball and predicted the future. I also saw a blog post from early 2016 that said that Harry was going to end up marrying a woman of color because of the type of women that he was attracted to in private.

With all due respect, this is just common sense.

ETA - they publically announced 31 October 2016 & rumours had been circulating for a while about them, so no crystal ball from me.
    Last edited by Novice; May 19th, 2020 at 04:06 PM.
    Sarzy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    I have always heard that Harry prefers black women and apparently there was a (non-mixed) black woman he dated secretly that he really was into. Rumor is that he knew that a fully black woman would not be accepted and that’s why their relationship didn’t go further. I can only imagine the horror of he had married a fully black woman. Many people can’t even tolerate that he married a half black woman who can pass.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Link?
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^
    it's funny how that works.
    i speak spanish, english and french pretty much like a native. not saying that to brag, it's just what happens when you get moved around a lot as a kid and kids basically absorb languages as long as they learn them before they're 12 or so. but i was older when i started learning german, and i was living in a french speaking city and going to school in french when i learned german, and so i speak (bad) german with a french accent.

and at everyone hating porteños. it is kind of a stereotype in latin America, though i think it's more common in south America. and, as i discovered when i lived there for a few years, i think chile might be the most hated country of all, at least by its neighbours. sure, the brits stole a couple of islands in argentina, but chile was the only country in the region that took the brits' side in that war
    My family speaks English, with some yiddish and german words and phrases thrown in for good measure. My grandfather is German, raised in America and his parents never taught him the language. They only spoke to him in English, but he understood German and used a bit of it here and there.

I took four years of French in school and can understand it a bit, can read it pretty well, but can't speak it at all! Now, Spanish I learned while living in Miami. So, people here in California say my Spanish sounds like Cuban Spanish, even the way I accent the words is totally different than the way Mexican's do. Funny how that works.
    sputnik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    I have always heard that Harry prefers black women and apparently there was a (non-mixed) black woman he dated secretly that he really was into. Rumor is that he knew that a fully black woman would not be accepted and that’s why their relationship didn’t go further. I can only imagine the horror of he had married a fully black woman. Many people can’t even tolerate that he married a half black woman who can pass.
    This is totally ridiculous, if the women are good enough to date, they are good enough to marry.
    That said I've never heard the slightest rumour of him dating women of colour but I don't follow the royals other than here.
    effie2 and Nevan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    This is totally ridiculous, if the women are good enough to date, they are good enough to marry.
    That said I've never heard the slightest rumour of him dating women of colour but I don't follow the royals other than here.
    I agree. Unfortunately, it’s not unusual. This happens a lot in mixed- cultural or mixed-race relationships. Some people who are not accepting. My dad is a wonderful father and I adore him, but if I had brought home a white fiancé, he wouldn’t have been cool with it. Dating, he wouldn’t have liked but he wouldn’t have said anything about it. Marriage he would have had a huge issue. He’s from the rural South, had very negative experiences, and just wouldn’t have accepted it. I’m sure there are a lot of couples who broke up because of family acceptance issues.

I’ve heard for years about Harry liking black women.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    I agree. Unfortunately, it’s not unusual. This happens a lot in mixed- cultural or mixed-race relationships. Some people who are not accepting. My dad is a wonderful father and I adore him, but if I had brought home a white fiancé, he wouldn’t have been cool with it. Dating, he wouldn’t have liked but he wouldn’t have said anything about it. Marriage he would have had a huge issue. He’s from the rural South, had very negative experiences, and just wouldn’t have accepted it. I’m sure there are a lot of couples who broke up because of family acceptance issues.

I’ve heard for years about Harry liking black women.
    I understand that given your father's experiences (that you have mentioned previously) and I know it happens on both/all sides. My brother is both black and gay and his husband is white - I can't imagine the abuse that they are given.
    I am also convinced that plenty of couple broke up due to parental pressure; however if Britain and the Commonwealth are supposed to be multicultural but the aristocracy is some of the most bigotted dickhead arseholes & unfortunately the working class appears to be following them.
    We all know that Harry will never be king, let him marry a black woman if he wants to (not that anyone would advise her to accept give what a set of racist arseholes his family is and always has been). I know that this isn't how the real world is but we are supposed to be an inclusive society, I cannot tell you how disgusted I am about some of the horrible stuff I have read - both here and elsewhere.
    OrangeSlice likes this.

Thread Information