Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Like Tree2881Likes

Thread: Love 'em or hate 'em: the Harry & Meghan megathread (Biddies v. Narcs edition)

One thing, they are staying at Tyler Perry's place. Meghan and Harry were part of a Zoom call and the room that they were in matches the decor of Tyler Perry's house based on photos from a tour that he gave.

I read it as he was struck by her sweetness and kindness at the school they didn't attend together. I wouldn't be surprised if they had the same agent. It's not very flattering to be praised by a Bravo reality show Z-lister anyway especially as it doesn't take much to unravel the story.
    Labelwhore and DawnM74 like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

It's getting ridiculous now. Is something bad going to come out?

Meghan Markle's Spanish former personal trainer reveals the duchess is 'sympathetic' and spoke to him in his native tongue when he instructed her in kickboxing and martial arts

• Jorge Blanco trained Meghan while she was living in Canada filming Suits
    • Trainer, also worked with Chris Hemsworth and Drake, said she loved martial arts
    • He said the former actress spoke to him in Spanish but had an Argentine accent
    • Meghan worked as junior press office in US Embassy in Buenos Aires aged 20

By BRIDIE PEARSON-JONES FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 12:41, 14 May 2020 | UPDATED: 13:49, 14 May 2020

Meghan Markle's former personal trainer revealed he enjoyed training the royal because she was 'sympathetic'.
    Jorge Blanco, originally from Zaragoza, Spain, lives in Toronto and trained Meghan in martial arts, kickboxing and boxing while she was based in the city filming US legal drama Suits.
    Speaking to Spanish Vanity Fair, the Men's Health cover star said the royal used to speak to him in Spanish but with an Argentine accent.

+3

Jorge Blanco, who was born in Zaragoza, Spain but now lives in Toronto, trained Meghan in martial arts, kickboxing and boxing while she was filming Suits

'I had a great time training with her because she is super sympathetic and also speaks Spanish with an Argentine accent,' he said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ne-accent.html

I'mNotBitter likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

This is all ridiculous and doesn’t even sound true. Why would she speak Spanish with an Argentine accent?

I doubt Meghan and Harry have anything to do with these random people coming out to say this stuff. Honestly, unlike the British press, the US press does not generally treat her badly and even if something was was coming out in the UK, people in the US don’t care. Other than a certain subset of the internet, people in the US either are neutral about or tend to like her. That’s not everyone of course, but it’s a LOT of people.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

actually the argentine accent might be true. didn't she have an internship at the US embassy there during college? she probably took spanish lessons while there.
    i have a canadian friend who did a student exchange to argentina and lived with a family there. shespeaks spanish with a gringo/argentinian accent and it's actually kind of hilarious.

eta: found it. https://www.indy100.com/article/megh...verage-8092331

Meghan Markle was an intern for the US embassy in Argentina. But you probably didn't hear about that

Posted Tuesday 5 December 2017 10:30 by in people

UPVOTE

Picture: Meghan Markle visits to Rwanda, December 2016, in her role as World Vision ambassador. Piicture: PA/WORLD VISION

Meghan Markle, the actor who recently became engaged to a member of the British royal family, once worked as an intern at the US embassy in Argentina.

This part of her CV was revealed during an interview with Marie Claire in 2013.

Markle, the star of Suits, did a double major in Theatre and International Relations at Northwestern University; a prestigious school that in 2017 accepted just 9 per cent of undergraduate applicants. She graduated in 2003 in the Communication cohort.

Speaking to Vogue in 2013, Markle told the magazine how at the age of 20, and reportedly short of credits to complete her junior year, she successfully applied for an internship at the US embassy in Buenos Aires 'for a few months'.

It was their economic devaluation and our Secretary of the Treasury at the time, Paul O'Neill, was there, so I'm 20 years old, in Buenos Aires, in a motorcade, doing that whole thing. I thought for sure I would still have a career in politics.

She added that working in the embassy 'rooted' her 'performance' as Rachel Zane, the character she owned for 103 episodes of Suits.

After she returned to Los Angeles Markle met a manager who had been impressed by her work in a student film, and her journey into politics was put on hold.

Markle's acting has also involved activism, including work as an ambassador for World Vision, as an advocate for the UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women, and as an ambassador for One Young World. As recently as 2015, Markle gave the annual address to the UN Women Conference, to mark that year's International Women's Day.

Writing for her website The Tig, Markle penned the thoughtful How to be Both. In it she describes her visit to Rwanda for World Vision's clean water campaign, meeting the country's female parliamentarians, and speaking to women leaders in the country's refugee camps.

Describing the disconnect between her politics and show business, Markle wrote:

My brain, heart and spirit couldn’t shift gears that quickly – from the purpose-driven work I had been doing all week in Rwanda, to the glitz and glamour of an award show – plus the pomp and circumstance that comes with it.

If you are feeling under qualified, join the club.

As Vogue has pointed out, many headlines following the engagement alluded to skills listed on Markle's pre-Suits acting CV, such as 'juggling' and 'stripping' rather than any of her other achievements.

Other headlines looked to her former careers; such as her freelance calligraphy work for Dolce & Gabbana's celebrity correspondence, or her single appearance as a briefcase model on Deal or No Deal.

Finding coverage which focuses on her achievements, without expressing 'cor blimey she's done well (given her background)' are few and far between.

Speaking to Vogue on a USO tour to Afghanistan in 2014 with the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Markle said;

I’ve never wanted to be a lady who lunches. I’ve always wanted to be a woman who works.

HT Vogue, Daily Northernwestern Marie Curie
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I remember seeing a (Danish?) soccer player being interviewed on tv and he spoke English with a strong Liverpool accent because that's where he'd learned it.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

"Meghan Markle's Spanish former personal trainer reveals the duchess is 'sympathetic' and spoke to him in his native tongue when he instructed her in kickboxing and martial arts"

I wonder if he really said she was "simpatico." In Spanish, isn't that term used to mean easy-going, likeable, stuff like that? That seems to fit better in the context of speaking Spanish at kickboxing.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    "Meghan Markle's Spanish former personal trainer reveals the duchess is 'sympathetic' and spoke to him in his native tongue when he instructed her in kickboxing and martial arts"

I wonder if he really said she was "simpatico." In Spanish, isn't that term used to mean easy-going, likeable, stuff like that? That seems to fit better in the context of speaking Spanish at kickboxing.
    Good catch. He said “supersimpática”:

Tanto que pocos saben que él entrenó a Meghan Markle justo antes de casarse con Harry. “Entrené a Meghan cuando ella estaba en Toronto durante el rodaje de la serie Suits. Hacíamos un poquito de artes marciales, un poco de boxeo y a veces kickboxing”, cuenta. ¿Intuyó en algún momento que podría llegar tan alto? “¡La verdad es que nunca pensé que podía llegar a ser princesa!. Yo me lo pasé muy bien entrenando con ella porque es supersimpática y además habla español, eso sí, con acento argentino. No sé si ahora que están por aquí (se refiere a que Meghan y Harry ahora viven en Estados Unidos) podría volver a entrenarla porque mis horarios son bastante complicados, pero vamos que si me llama, no me importaría entrenarlos a los dos”, dice entre risas.
    sputnik likes this.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

I read an article about princess Margaret.I think history is repeating itself.The more Harry s life develops the more it looks like he is following her footsteps.Add Diana,s problematic DNA and you can explain many of his decisions'.
    DawnM74 likes this.

One more note about Meghan's 'non-maternal' criticism - although I strongly disagree with this characterization, if it is indeed true, isn't the Duchess of Sussex simply following Royal protocol? Just check out this example of motherly devotion, starting at the 2 minute marker: *

https://youtu.be/j3WHnMi3TJk

Little Prince Charles broke my heart in this clip - damn, his parents are cold.

* Sorry, I can't get the video to show up in this thread... but it's a safe link.

^Those people are monsters. It broke my heart hearing "little Prince Charles was so excited to see his mummy that the queen brought him along" and then when his parents finally get off the train his mother plonks a kiss on his forehead and his father pats him on the head. Not even a hug.

There's an even worse one when they're getting off a ship after being away for months, and little Charles has to line up to shake their hands just like all the other subjects.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

^ I know - that little face - honestly, it used to make me roll my eyes, but they were horrible parents to that sensitive little boy, and they kept at it by sending him to a boarding school that was also sparse, cold, and demanding, and then pushing him into a marriage with a charming but emotionally unstable 19 year old girl. I don't think Charles started to believe in himself until he finally put his foot down and declared his relationship with Camilla was non-negotiable. Yeah, of course they were horrible to Diana, but they don't get a re-do. It makes me truly happy to see them together, and I think it's obviously turned his life around.

I'm still analyzing his part in the Sussex debacle, but at least we know his feelings for and about Andrew are more acceptable than the queen's delusional adoration.

what is meghan thinking, choosing an argentinean accent to speak spanish? doesn't she know the world hates porteños (people from buenos aires)? she doesn't want to be hated but she goes out of her way to provoke us!
    also, very disrespecting to the queen going to a country that stole a couple of british islands.

seriously, porteños are hated everywhere and they are very easy to spot by how they speak. i'm from buenos aires and live in another province, i don't really have an accent, but sometimes i say something in a porteño tone and people mock me a lot.

to give you an idea, viggo mortensen speaks spanish with a very strong argentinean accent (i think lived here when he was a kid), and goopy speaks with a spanish from spain accent.
    sputnik, DawnM74, Novice and 1 others like this.

^^^^
    it's funny how that works.
    i speak spanish, english and french pretty much like a native. not saying that to brag, it's just what happens when you get moved around a lot as a kid and kids basically absorb languages as long as they learn them before they're 12 or so. but i was older when i started learning german, and i was living in a french speaking city and going to school in french when i learned german, and so i speak (bad) german with a french accent.

and at everyone hating porteños. it is kind of a stereotype in latin America, though i think it's more common in south America. and, as i discovered when i lived there for a few years, i think chile might be the most hated country of all, at least by its neighbours. sure, the brits stole a couple of islands in argentina, but chile was the only country in the region that took the brits' side in that war
    palta and KrisNine like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Lady...Colin Campbell is conspiring with the Markle Klan on her so called tell all on Harry and Meghan. What is left for that bunch to say that they haven't already said or hinted at? Doria was in jail, Meghan has a 3rd husband that no one talks about and Meghan was one of Harvey's girls. The press has combed through every aspect of this woman's life and they still didn't know that she and Harry had moved to L.A in early March.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...tell-book.html

Just as Harry and Meghan were hoping a new biography – Finding Freedom – would make us love them again when it’s published in August, I can reveal that aristocrat Lady Colin Campbell is ready to rain on their parade with her own tell-all book at the same time.

She tells me: ‘It’s called Meghan And Harry: The Real Story. There are plenty of revelations. I’ve had members of the Markle family to stay, but I’m not saying anything until closer to the book launch.’

Lady C, whose previous controversial works include volumes on Princess Diana, turned to unusual methods of research this time. The 70-year-old enlisted the help of her two adopted sons, Dimitri and Michael, who appeared on an MTV reality show with Meghan’s nephew – cannabis entrepreneur Tyler Dooley.

Thread Information