Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Lisa Marie Presley to Sue Business Manager for Allegedly Squandering $100 Million

Silver Member

I remember growing up in the 70s as a child. I don't believe that my parent's house was ever worth more than $25-30k but they somehow managed to raise 3 kids give them all college educations and instill in them the good sense to realize that you always have to have something for a rainy day and that you always put money aside no matter how little you are making.
    Now that I can see someone allegedly blow $100 fortune while high for most of those years I have a new found respect and love for my late parents. They really did me great favors by kicking my ass when it needed to be kicked.
    I have read enough about Elvis Presley to know that he probably was never around and her Mom probably let her do whatever she wanted. Didn't Elvis start dating her around 15?
    On a side note there is no amount of money I can see anyone making that cannot be blown or lost. I am thinking even billionaires will become broke at some point.
    crazy.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sjankis630 View Post
    I remember growing up in the 70s as a child. I don't believe that my parent's house was ever worth more than $25-30k but they somehow managed to raise 3 kids give them all college educations and instill in them the good sense to realize that you always have to have something for a rainy day and that you always put money aside no matter how little you are making.
    Now that I can see someone allegedly blow $100 fortune while high for most of those years I have a new found respect and love for my late parents. They really did me great favors by kicking my ass when it needed to be kicked.
    I have read enough about Elvis Presley to know that he probably was never around and her Mom probably let her do whatever she wanted. Didn't Elvis start dating her around 15?
    On a side note there is no amount of money I can see anyone making that cannot be blown or lost. I am thinking even billionaires will become broke at some point.
    crazy.
    The age of Priscilla when Elvis started dating her has nothing to do with his daughter squandering the fortune said mother managed to make whoring out everything Elvis. Morticia was still at the helm of Elvis Presley Enterprises when the decision was made to include Elvis toilet paper and dog accessories in their catalogue. Morticia always loved fame and fortune more than she did Elvis. But, since you brought it up: they met when she was 14 and he almost 25. Back in the US he invited her over for Christmas (after she had pestered him with tons of letters and phone calls) when she was 15 and she finally came over aged 16 and lived at his dad Vernon's house at first. There's plenty of blame to go to her parents regarding her age.
    Elvis did some crazy stunts with his money, but oddly enough, most of it was not even spent on himself. He paid everything for everybody and their uncle, a characteristic he shared with one of his friends, Muhammad Ali. He also never forgot where he came from: dirt poverty. He always brought the now famous picture of him aged 2 with his parents everywhere he went, even to his hospital room the few times he was hospitalized.
    So, Morticia came to Memphis in 1961, moved to the big house on the Graceland estate age 18. Elvis was gone 9 out of 12 months to California, shooting an average of 3 crap movies and recording crap albums. They married in 1967 when she was 22 and he 32; he was supposed to have married her at 21, but by then he was ready to dump her. Her parents threatened to make trouble. They, the Colonel and Morticia visited him on a movie set. Within 24 hours a wedding was arranged in Las Vegas.
    The marriage only lasted until 1972 when Morticia moved to California with Lisa while Elvis remained in Memphis. Most of their marriage they weren't together because Elvis toured 220-270 days a year. So, Lisa was 4 when she left Memphis and only saw Elvis during holidays. Yet there are still loads of people who blame Elvis for how she eventually turned out. Amazing.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I thought she blamed her husband for blowing through all her money which is why they're getting divorced?
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

It's still her fault if she elected to give him her (Elvis's) money when he was her fourth husband. She obviously has no sense and, as been pointed out, seemed to be in so much of a drugs haze that she lost her kids.
    HWBL and Angeli like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

fgg

Lisa Marie Presley Ordered to Pay Estranged Husband Michael Lockwood $100k

Lisa Marie Presley has to ante up $100,000 to her estranged husband ... a particularly difficult task since she says she's flat broke.

The judge in her divorce case ordered the payment to Michael Lockwood within 30 days. It's unclear how she'll pay the loot, because she claims she's $16 million in the hole.

Lockwood has claimed Lisa's lying about her assets, alleging she rakes in way more money than she spends.

The $100k is for Lockwood's attorney's fees. He wanted $450k, so in a way it's a victory for her ... at least in the short term.

Lisa Marie Presley Ordered to Pay Estranged Husband Michael Lockwood $100k | TMZ.com
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I wonder if she got a settlement from Nicolas Cage and Michael Jackson? I'm guessing she did, especially from Wacko.
    holly likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I totally forgot about her marriage to Nicolas Cage.

Her singing is kinda monotone and yet still has a good sound to it...the husky thing I suppose, but as a singer myself I have to say it. She hasn't got the range.. OR a very limited range. If she was a regular Joe, she could have sung in sleazy bars with a band for a few bucks. But her gimmick is, she is who she is and people were always disappointed to not hear Elvis in her voice. Myself included. Again, she's not the worst singer in the world.
    Jack I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by cheray View Post
    Her singing is kinda monotone and yet still has a good sound to it...the husky thing I suppose, but as a singer myself I have to say it. She hasn't got the range.. OR a very limited range. If she was a regular Joe, she could have sung in sleazy bars with a band for a few bucks. But her gimmick is, she is who she is and people were always disappointed to not hear Elvis in her voice. Myself included. Again, she's not the worst singer in the world.
    The name Lisa Marie Presley and the word singer should only be used in sentences like "Lisa Marie Presley obviously is not a singer", or "Nobody with an ear for music would consider Lisa Marie Presley to be a singer".
    Anybody who would expect the female child of a male singer with one of the best voices in the history of popular music to hear his voice in hers are at the very least silly. Just look at Sinatra (who in my opinion was far from The Voice with his grating sound) and daughter "one note range" Nancy. Obviously, LMP is such an easily brainwashed person (that apparently also lacks a muscial ear) that she believed everybody around her who told her she had this fantastic talent. I know from somebody who worked at one of the studios at which she recorded some of her "songs", that even people around her during her musical adventure were mocking her behind her back. Promotion was huge and exaggerated because they knew they had to sell an inferior product.
    Marmar2 and cheray like this.

***** celeb

I liked her voice just not her songs.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^Jay Pritchett (Modern Family) would say to Lisa what he said to Gloria "When you sing you sound like something got stuck in the vacuum". I think she often sounded like she was hacking up a piece of phlegm.

***** celeb

HWBL, I'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought it was Priscilla who made all the money for Lisa through Graceland and the Elvis product licensing etc. And that Elvis was pretty broke when he died because, like his daughter, he was really bad with money. I always gave Priscilla credit for that, it's not her fault that her daughter took after her father in that regard. I'm guessing Co$ got a good chunk of it, and that another good part went up Lisa's nose. Wasn't the money in trust for her until she turned 30?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Personally, I like her voice. Like Greys said, the songs suck for me

HWBL, I think you have a personal bias. 😂

I don't think it was so much that Elvis was bad with money, but Elvis was bad about trusting the wrong people. And was overly generous.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    HWBL, I'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought it was Priscilla who made all the money for Lisa through Graceland and the Elvis product licensing etc. And that Elvis was pretty broke when he died because, like his daughter, he was really bad with money. I always gave Priscilla credit for that, it's not her fault that her daughter took after her father in that regard. I'm guessing Co$ got a good chunk of it, and that another good part went up Lisa's nose. Wasn't the money in trust for her until she turned 30?
    Hiya, me correct anybody when they're wrong? What gives you that idea? Heehee, here I go:
    1. Yes, Morticia did redefine what Elvis Presley Enterprises should do, although (and I hate to say this) "Colonel Parker" was right when he, right after Morticia had successfully sued him over rights for Elvis merchandise, said that the real abuse of Elvis as a product would now really begin.
    2. Elvis was not broke, he did not have debts, when he died. He just only had a disproportionate amount of assetts left after a 20+ year career: he was worth about 5 million when he passed. It wasn't because he was "bad with money". First of all: the Colonel took 50%. Elvis had to pay everything (all tour costs, all musicians salaries, everything) out of his 50%. Elvis cared more about the fame part than the money part. He was extremely generous. Giving made him happy. 3. Lisa is not like her dad in that respect at all. Lisa's just not that bright, nor interested. Elvis was the first in his family to graduate from high school. Lisa was the first to break with that new tradition, again. I believe she left school in the 9th or 10th grade. I think Morticia did not know how to parent her daughter and probably - after having been the disciplinarian when Elvis was still alive - went overboard in giving in to Lisa to keep her close. Lisa has had issues with drugs since she was about 15. She was 9 when Elvis died, but she herself has admitted that it was more the company she kept than the fact she'd lost her dad at a young age that made her do drugs. 4. Yes, the cult got a lot of their money, but I think Morticia knew Lisa just didn't have the insight to deal with what money she managed to make for the estate (including the most trashy merchandise like toilet paper etc.) and even postponed Lisa's control over it from age 25 to 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    Personally, I like her voice. Like Greys said, the songs suck for me

HWBL, I think you have a personal bias. ��
    Probably, but just because I know stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    I don't think it was so much that Elvis was bad with money, but Elvis was bad about trusting the wrong people. And was overly generous.
    The first part of that less than the second part. Like Muhammad Ali, he knew some people were milking him for money, but was too afraid to hurt people's feelings by calling them out. And then the joy of giving (even to people who worked him) overruled. Ali once paid someone in his circle twice to cover the funeral costs for his mother, for that reason. Elvis had similar experiences.
    cheray likes this.

***** celeb

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information