Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: Linkin Park Frontman Chester Bennington, 41, Found Dead of Apparent Suicide: Report

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl View Post
    I am HEARTBROKEN. What is going on? So many talented people are disappearing too soon.
    Keith Richards (who I do love) must be doing some spells and sucking the life out of younger artists.

Jeezus! Another great voice. I didn't listen to the band but I know his work from when he and Scott Weiland
    did a duet of STP's Wonderful, plus his front man work with STP. What is going on?

^^^We have to start worrying about what kind of world we are going to leave for Keith Richards.

Very sad about Chester.
    HWBL likes this.

I only really liked the Numb/Encore mash up with Jay-Z, but it's still really sad, and the fact he did it on what would have been Chris Cornell's birthday is just more disturbing.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Wow. I wasn't a huge fan like I was of Soundgarden/Cornell but they were huge and had impact on the alt rock world. He is way too young. And that he did it on Cornell's birthday.... fucking sad.
    Mrs P, Nevan and gas_chick like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

That's so sad that he was still haunted because he was abused by an older male.
    I wish people would get help. It may work sometimes.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Ugh this was so out of left field. One step closer is my jam when I'm pissed or need to get pumped. Elvis Duran just had him on a month or so ago? And he seemed like such a kind, warm soul. Why must all the talented ones go?
    SHELLEE and gas_chick like this.

It is very sad, and I know personally what destruction depression can bring to the psyche and the soul, but I'm also kind of mad. I'm hesitant to say this, because this is a very sensitive subject, but ultimately, the people who have to bear the consequences of the suicide's decision are presumably the very people he/she loved and valued the most. In the end, suicide is so selfish and cowardly, and I say this as someone who has contemplated suicide.

To others who might be in the same place, now or in the future, I'll say the same thing I've told myself, on more than one low, low, point: Stop. Take three slow, deep breaths. Think about one good thing in the world - the sunshine, the rain, a good book, a kindness. Just one thing. Now focus on that and know that you can make it through one more day. Just one more. The next day, do something kind. Another day. Don't forget to breathe. Now do a little kindness whenever you can. Tell someone you love them. Breathe. And remember that this too shall pass.

The depression running rampant thru my generation does not discriminate. Rich, poor, famous, not famous doesn't matter. The fact this cluster of amazing and talented brooding front men are dropping dead is just tragic. Too tragic for words.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Terrible news. I don't really follow Linkin Park, but do know of their music. so sad.
    gas_chick likes this.

I feel so sad. I love Linkin Park's sound and have many of their cd's, but the lyrics are very dark and depressing. He had a messed up childhood which brought on depression and drug abuse. I pray he's at peace and for his family.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    It is very sad, and I know personally what destruction depression can bring to the psyche and the soul, but I'm also kind of mad. I'm hesitant to say this, because this is a very sensitive subject, but ultimately, the people who have to bear the consequences of the suicide's decision are presumably the very people he/she loved and valued the most. In the end, suicide is so selfish and cowardly, and I say this as someone who has contemplated suicide.

To others who might be in the same place, now or in the future, I'll say the same thing I've told myself, on more than one low, low, point: Stop. Take three slow, deep breaths. Think about one good thing in the world - the sunshine, the rain, a good book, a kindness. Just one thing. Now focus on that and know that you can make it through one more day. Just one more. The next day, do something kind. Another day. Don't forget to breathe. Now do a little kindness whenever you can. Tell someone you love them. Breathe. And remember that this too shall pass.
    I agree. As someone that has contemplated suicide as well, what had kept me going was experiencing a close friend to my brother that took his own life and seeing how it utterly fucked up his family and his best friend, my brother. Our family as well. We'd go on vacation with him and I still remember the large stuffed bulldog animal he gave me on my 5th birthday. He lived a street away. I was on my bike with a friend and saw the fire engines come. They told me that he had suffered from asthma. I came home to find out no, he took his life. One life being taken caused issues for quite a lot of people, so in my 'moments', I'd remember how his decision fucked over so many people. I understand just wanting to give up, but I also understand the damage it causes on others after the fact.
    lindsaywhit, Beeyotch and holly like this.

This is a real shock. I wasn't a super fan, but I've often used LP's music during my workouts. As someone upthread mentioned, their lyrics were surprisingly profound a lot of the time, and Chester was a talented and charismatic frontman. This is so damn sad.

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    Ugh this was so out of left field. One step closer is my jam when I'm pissed or need to get pumped. Elvis Duran just had him on a month or so ago? And he seemed like such a kind, warm soul. Why must all the talented ones go?
    I LOVE this song, their best imo. Now it's in my head.
    gas_chick and holly like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post

God, I hate when people say those that commit suicide are selfish and cowardly.

As someone who has clinical depression, I can tell you the only reason I have never gone through with it was/is because I didn't want to leave my son alone in this world. I am all he has. But, if I hadn't had a child, I wouldn't give a flying fuck about anyone else. I wouldn't care about who else I left behind. Some of us have people in our lives that aren't really in our lives. I'm sure my family members would show up at my funeral, grieving and shocked, but where were they when I was asking for help? People can be surrounded by friends, family, loved ones and still be alone. I told my family I was in counseling for my clinical depression and you know what they did? Disappeared. Avoided me. I have to act like I'm "normal" when I'm with them or they run and hide.

Focusing on a "good thing" can be impossible for some when every day is followed by that looming, dark, unrelenting black cloud. Some won't have the strength or hope to believe "this will pass". Some people don't have that sort of hope when they are in the middle of an ocean, drowning, especially when they have people standing there, watching them drown, but not offering a hand when that poor soul is asking or begging for some sort of help.

No one has the right to judge anyone who has committed suicide. No one's suicidal thoughts or anguish is the same. The world of hurt, pain, despair must have been utterly horrible for him (or anyone else who took their own lives) to feel suicide was the only answer. My heart breaks for him. I hope in death, he finds the peace he couldn't obtain in life.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information