Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lindsay Lohan to star in Charlie Manson flick

I watched Meangirls tonight because it was on TV, I did enjoy it.
    I really think if Lindsay would drop that stupid pout and her come-hither look, she could gain some credibility.
    ssabmud

Sounds like Blohan has a pretty minor part in it so maybe it her star power is pretty much gone to the C list. But as someone said before, why glorify a perverted little con man who brought about the brutal murder of innocent people including an infant child. It's already been made into a movie no sense repeating it. (shaking head)
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

I would never do a movie like that; it is sure to take alot out of a decent person even to just portray one of these people in a film; but she probably thinks it'll get her an Oscar.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post

Seriously, I think Blowhan needs to study with a proper acting coach. She does have potential. She could make these roles great instead of just languishing in them with half-assed performances. But she has this ego that's making her think she's some great actress destined to win an Oscar and doesn't need to improve or try harder because she's been in movies since she was a child, so she's "got a lock on it."

In reality I think all her drug issues and discipline problems are making it impossible for her to develop any natural talent she may have. Her acting has sucked the last couple years because it's been stunted by her focus being on partying instead of maturing as an actress. Like anything else, she is not using it, so she's losing it. Bitch needs some humility and needs to get it together quick before everything passes her by.
    I don't actually think she has been a "great" actress in any of her movies. She doesn't have a really good body of work behind her: Freaky Friday? Mean Girls? Herbie - Fully Loaded? Hardly Oscar winning material. I don't rate her at all.

She was the "it-girl" in Hollywood for a few minutes, and being young & stupid I think she naively believed the hype about herself. Now she has delusions about how good she is as an actress. Unfortunately, her past indiscretions with drugs, booze, men (& women apparently) and the law have made her another Hollywood wash-up. No-one takes her seriously. All of her latest work has bombed. Studios don't want to take a risk on her.

It's life on the ocean waves for Ms Lohan cause her ship has sailed!
    vaya con dios

Hit By Ban Bus!

I can't stand Lindsay Lohan, she's right up there with Paris Hilton. She does gag me.

How can they make a movie about Charles Manson and the Sharon Tate murders? Will they show her pleading for her life and that of her unborn child? Sometimes they need to let things go. No matter how hard they try they will not be able to capture the horror of the time. Todays public is to desensitized, it cheapens the event. It's like 9/11 no matter how hard they try they can't capture the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach
    How can they make a movie about Charles Manson and the Sharon Tate murders? Will they show her pleading for her life and that of her unborn child?
    ^Of course they will! And it will be super gruesome, and super disturbing, of course.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

There have been movies about Manson before so this is not such a big deal. And the Manson situation is historically important in the sense that it reflects a certain time in America and many see it as a mirror held up to what went wrong with the whole hippie/love thing.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Apparently papa Lohan isn't thrilled about this; just saw it on tv, apparently he wants Lindsay to stick with 'mainstream' films.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Papa Lohan should stay out of her business. He's fucked her up enough.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    Apparently papa Lohan isn't thrilled about this; just saw it on tv, apparently he wants Lindsay to stick with 'mainstream' films.
    Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Papa Lohan should stay out of her business. He's fucked her up enough.

Yeah, my mom and I had a conversation almost exactly like that, yesterday. No matter what he says, Lindsay's an adult and can choose to be in whatever film casts her or whatever. If it bombs, that's her problem. If it ruins her career, her problem. If her acting is the only acting in the film that sucks, her problem. Ect.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    I thought this would be considered mainstream. Is it going to be in theatres, or on tv? Damn, I was looking forward to it, too.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information