Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: Linda Evangelista Claims She’s “Permanently Deformed” After Cosmetic Procedure

Silver Member

Ya, seems more like aging/menopause, but it's her perception of what *things* changed her looks and she believes it was the CoolSculpting. Just reminds me of when Carrie Underwood was prepping her audience for her 'gruesome' facial reveal and no one could even tell she had an injury...

czb

i dunno. i can see her side of it. i imagine that her cosmetic/plastic surgeon said Yes! do coolsculpt! no downside and you'll have positive results! not knowing linda would fall in the small percentage of treatment failures. her overall weight gain may be due to depression associated with the failed procedure.

how linda E deals with menopause and the challenges is going to be different from those of us who haven't made our livelihood based on our looks.

I didn’t know her condition is a rare complication from CoolSculpting, and on one hand, can understand her dissatisfaction given that the procedure didn’t go as expected (though it is likely she signed informed consent forms with the PAH complication listed). On the other hand, as a friend of mine wrote in one of my favorite songs of his, “You gotta be tough as hell to get old.” That perhaps is doubly tough for those whose careers originated with and were based on appearance.
    czb, ConstanceSpry, tulip and 1 others like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i dunno. i can see her side of it. i imagine that her cosmetic/plastic surgeon said Yes! do coolsculpt! no downside and you'll have positive results! not knowing linda would fall in the small percentage of treatment failures. her overall weight gain may be due to depression associated with the failed procedure.

how linda E deals with menopause and the challenges is going to be different from those of us who haven't made our livelihood based on our looks.
    That's what it seems like to me. The side effects from the procedure lead to depression that lead to her weight gain. It would be quite an adjustment for someone who was paid for their looks. I wouldn't call it a disfigurement, but to her, it is.
    czb and DawnM74 like this.

now i gotta go down the 'what do the famous supermodels look like now' rabbit hole.

i hate getting older. i used to be, what some would refer to as 'cute', now i look like i'm going in the direction of 'old crone' witch type.
    Beeyotch likes this.

I'm calling BS. I've had CS on several body parts. The worst that can happen is bruising and swelling on the treatment site.
    DawnM74 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daphodil View Post
    Sounds like it's still in her head too. "Dealing with aging ain't easy," said an aged Daphodil, while lounging in her muu muu with a memory of a Virginia Slim Ultra Light Menthol in her hand. "20 years later and I'm now laughing at my perceived flaws from my 20s, 30s, and 40s. Now that I am truly flawed, I do not care much. Pass me a snack and refill my wine glass, dearie. One day I shall tell you my stories" and then promptly fell into a snoring doze.
    Come over to my couch and sit next to me, dearie. We can exchange stories and I'll give you some second hand smoke from those menthol lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleiades View Post
    Ya, seems more like aging/menopause, but it's her perception of what *things* changed her looks and she believes it was the CoolSculpting. Just reminds me of when Carrie Underwood was prepping her audience for her 'gruesome' facial reveal and no one could even tell she had an injury...
    I do think Carrie was genuine about her injury though. And it did change her looks. She still looks ok but it has to be weird to look in the mirror and your face is different.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post

Exactly. If all you're known for is your looks it has to be harder.
    Daphodil likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

About 20 years ago Linda was down here for some show, and was interviewed on TV about how she keeps her model looks (given she was in her 30s by then) and she rambled on about her healthy lifestyle and how she eats a lot but it's all the right food, blah, blah, blah, and how models HAVE to stay healthy to have the energy to do their jobs (lol, isn't that what cocaine is for?). That night a friend of mine who worked in fashion had dinner with her and said Linda consumed nothing all night but cigarettes and macchiatos. There's only so long you can keep that up, and I think THAT's what caused her weight gain - getting old and needing to eat like a regular human being to survive.
    Be excellent to each other.

Permanently deformed? From the pictures I just looked at, she looks like an average woman, and certainly not this hideous beast she's making it sound like, especially for 56 years old. And honestly, it looks like she's just gained weight by looking at her face and neck, and they didn't cool sculpt that.

I get she was thought of as this stunning creature in the good ole days (Although I thought she was one of the least attractive super models) you can't stay 25 forever; accept your age, own it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Permanently deformed? From the pictures I just looked at, she looks like an average woman, and certainly not this hideous beast she's making it sound like, especially for 56 years old. And honestly, it looks like she's just gained weight by looking at her face and neck, and they didn't cool sculpt that.
    I think that is one my bigger issues with her statement. She seems to have also gained weight around her face and that is not a complication of cool sculpting. I think it would be one thing, if she were walking around looking like 1980's/1990's Linda Evangelista, but had this noticeable midsection. But the other question I have is - exactly what kind of modeling was she expecting to do at this age? None of her contemporaries are out there modeling clothes, as far as I know. More like lifestyle modeling - a la Cindy Crawford.

Speaking of favorite supermodels, mine was always Christy Turlington. From taking looks at recent pictures, I think she has had little to no work done, still appears svelte, and is married to the same guy she married in 1998 - Edward Burns.

Silver Member

Ya, Imma gonna reserve my sympathy for the millions made redundant, not because they didn't have the skillsets to continue in their careers, but because they simply aged out.
    DawnM74 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    now i gotta go down the 'what do the famous supermodels look like now' rabbit hole.

i hate getting older. i used to be, what some would refer to as 'cute', now i look like i'm going in the direction of 'old crone' witch type.
    It's most disheartening when I see the resemblance to my mother. Just all the signs you associate with someone who is older, jowels, greys, extra fat in all the same places as mom. *sigh*

^^ my neighbor was just telling me that it's disheartening to see that her body has turned into her moms, exactly. I think her words were, "I used to look just like [daughter, 14], and used to wonder why my mom was such an apple shape. Now I'm her exact shape".

At 41 it seems harder for me to loose weight but I'm working hard to not have the same body as my own mom, though our legs are just the same *sigh
    Beeyotch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    ^^ my neighbor was just telling me that it's disheartening to see that her body has turned into her moms, exactly. I think her words were, "I used to look just like [daughter, 14], and used to wonder why my mom was such an apple shape. Now I'm her exact shape".

At 41 it seems harder for me to loose weight but I'm working hard to not have the same body as my own mom, though our legs are just the same *sigh
    I can completely sympathize with your neighbor! I used to be so tiny - I'm 5'2" & in high school I weighed 89 lbs. When I got married, I weighed 98 lbs. I remember when I hit 100 lbs in my mid/late 20s, I thought I was fat. Good Lord, I was so ridiculous. My mom is an apple, as is her entire side of the family. Well lucky-ducky me, I'm an apple, & since menopause, it's gotten so much worse! I absolutely hate my midsection with the intensity of 1000 burning suns. And of course, menopause generally makes a lot of women bigger in that area to begin with. Add that to being an apple, & there are times I feel like I look 6 months pregnant. No matter what I do, that weight just wants to hang around & piss me off. And I bloat so much! I can wear a pair of shorts one day & they'll be fine, & the next day the waist will be so tight it hurts, then the next day I'll be able to wear them with no problem. I HATE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post

I’m 39, and I hope I age just like my mom. Her body is banging and she is like 72. She looks amazing, face and body. I hope my body looks like hers when I age but unfortunately I don’t have her butt. I’m an hourglass and she’s a pear but an amazingly proportioned pear. Sigh.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information