Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree153Likes

Thread: Les Moonves out as CEO of CBS

This passage was striking. The best years of her career were wasted because a powerful man took an instant dislike to her and set about to make her disappear. It's too bad that she can't sue him to get a chunk of that severance package he's going to get.

The truth is, Les Moonves may never be punished in the way that he deserves. He will almost certainly never go to jail. And he has already made hundreds of millions of dollars during his highly successful and truly immoral, bullying, misogynist reign.
    Perhaps the best we can do is thank Ronan Farrow and all the brave women who came forward to make sure a man like this is finally gone, while putting all the other sexual predators who are still in our business on notice. We are not going to stop until every last one of you is gone. We don’t care anymore if you go to jail or go to hell. Just know at some point that you are leaving.
    And as for you, Mr. Moonves, in spite of the fact that I was raised to be a proper Southern female, and with your acknowledgement that I have never, in my life, spoken a single cross word to you, despite the way you treated me, may I simply say, channeling my finest Julia Sugarbaker delivery: “Go fuck yourself!”

Do women ever get a severance package if they slept with an employee and screwed up stock shares? Well shit, even if they're high above in a company which is rare. I'll just say that for my father at a company got a nice two year package after it was discovered he was boning an employee.

Default JULIE CHEN Makes Big 'Big Brother' Statement ... 'I'M JULIE CHEN MOONVES'

View image on Twitter

Julie Chen did something Thursday night she has never done in her 19-year run at CBS ... she ID'd herself as "Julie Chen Moonves" ... and make no mistake about it -- it's a big statement.

Julie came back to CBS to host "Big Brother" ... 4 days after her husband and former boss Les Moonves was removed as the network's head honcho.

Julie never referenced the scandal or Les by name, but closed the show with a bang. Mind you ... Julie has been an anchor on "CBS This Morning," "The Talk," "Big Brother" and other CBS shows and she has NEVER used her husband's surname ... until now.

Before the show, Julie teased her return with a photo holding "Big Brother" cue cards, but she made it clear for everyone... her wedding ring and her marriage are intact. Julie has not returned to "The Talk," and it's unclear when that will happen, but Sharon Osbourne said on Monday she'd be back after taking a few days off.

Short story ... all the people who thought Julie would follow her husband out the door may be wrong.

Julie Chen Returns to 'Big Brother' as 'Julie Chen Moonves' | TMZ.com

She's a c*nt. Way to spit in the face of the accusers. I bet if he loses that $120 million severance she will change her tune.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    This passage was striking. The best years of her career were wasted because a powerful man took an instant dislike to her and set about to make her disappear. It's too bad that she can't sue him to get a chunk of that severance package he's going to get.
    Are all avenues to suing him closed, though? I would think now that there is substantial evidence to lodge some kind of civil suit against him for harassment, lost wages, etc.

fgg

Julie Chen confirms exit from ‘The Talk’ after Les Moonves scandal

Julie Chen has left the cast of the CBS daytime show “The Talk” a week after her husband, CBS Corp. boss Leslie Moonves, was ousted from the company due to sexual misconduct charges.

Chen announced her decision via a taped message on the show Tuesday, saying she needed to spend more time at home with her husband and their son. She appeared from the set of “Big Brother,” the primetime CBS show where she is the host.

Chen made no mention of the case involving Moonves. She appeared to fight back tears when she thanked crew members.

One of her co-hosts, Sara Gilbert, said, “We love you, Julie,” after the taped message was over and just before the show concluded.

https://pagesix.com/2018/09/18/julie...onves-scandal/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

"Sadly, I will have to leave The Talk, because my husband is stuck at home with no women to be mean to."

Just leave the fuck you dumbass. Christ on a cracker.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post

One of her co-hosts, Sara Gilbert, said, “We love you, Julie,” after the taped message was over and just before the show concluded.

https://pagesix.com/2018/09/18/julie...onves-scandal/
    Ass Kisser.
    weathered1 and crayzeehappee like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Silver Member

The Chen-bot is still on Big Brother? I canít believe she/the show has lasted this long.

Also, Iím a little late to the party but Iím old enough to remember Santa Barbara and Another World. I was in 6th grade and it was the summer I was mad at my family and discovered soap operas.
    sprynkles and crayzeehappee like this.

fgg

Les Moonves’ alleged oral sex cover-up could cost him $120M

Disgraced ex-CBS chief Les Moonves forced an aspiring actress to perform oral sex on him during a 1995 meeting — and his efforts to cover it up could cost him a $120 million severance package, according to a new report Wednesday.

Bobbie Phillips, then 25, told the New York Times that she went to Moonves’ office at the Warner Bros. studio in Burbank at the direction of her manager, who told her that Moonves — who’d just launched the hit TV shows “Friends” and “E.R” — could make her a star.

During the March 7, 1995, meeting, Phillips said Moonves — then president of Warner Bros. Television — promised to arrange a meeting for her with the “E.R.” casting director, then showed her an easel that displayed the status of various studio projects.

When Phillips turned back to face Moonves, she said, he’d dropped his trousers to expose his erect penis.

“Look how hard you make me,” he reportedly said.

Phillips also said Moonves — who was married with three kids — told her, “Be my girlfriend and I’ll put you on any show.”

He then grabbed Phillips by the neck, pushed her to her knees and forced his penis into her mouth, she told the Times.

When Moonves was interrupted by a phone call, Phillips said she picked up a baseball bat that was leaning against his desk and noticed a photo of Moonves’ wife on a shelf.

“All I could think was that I wanted to use the baseball bat to knock his head off,” she said.

After Moonves finished the call, which was with the “E.R.” casting director whom he said wanted to meet Phillips, she put down the bat, made up an excuse to leave and ran out, she said.

Her manager at the time, Marv Dauer, told the Times that Moonves confided in him in April, “If Bobbie talks, I’m finished.”

The two also exchanged a series of text messages about the incident that Dauer says Moonves later asked him to delete — and which Dauer told the Times he didn’t do.

But CBS lawyers recently found out that Moonves deleted from his iPad many of his texts with Dauer, which could breach a clause in his contract requiring him to cooperate fully with any company investigation, the Times said.

Phillips’ lawyer, Eric George, told the Times that Phillips — who wants $15 million in damages — was weighing her legal options after negotiations with Moonves’ lawyers collapsed.

In a statement to the Times, Moonves said, “I strongly believe that the sexual encounter with Ms. Phillips more than 20 years ago was consensual.”

Moonves, 69, was forced out as chairman and CEO of CBS in September, hours after the New Yorker magazine reported that six women had accused him of sexual misconduct, including allegations of intimidation and violence.

https://pagesix.com/2018/11/28/actre...al-sex-on-him/
    sprynkles likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

That cannot be a one-off incident. I wonder how many others he did this with?
    mostroop and lindsaywhit like this.

Well, it worked for Julie Chen...

Phillips also said Moonves — who was married with three kids — told her, “Be my girlfriend and I’ll put you on any show.”
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    That cannot be a one-off incident. I wonder how many others he did this with?
    Probably a lot.
    six women had accused him of sexual misconduct, including allegations of intimidation and violence.

This article is bonkers, that poor girl and to have it all dredged up 20 years later and fuck that agent douchebag to hell and back...too long to post, but I'm only slightly sketchy.

"If Bobbie Talks, I'm Finished"
    lindsaywhit and Shinola like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information