Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Lena Dunham and boyfriend Luis Felber make red carpet debut

Best Wishes cost me nothing, so... Best Wishes.

He is cute and she looks happy.

fgg

Lena Dunham wore three wedding dresses to marry Luis Felber

Lena Dunham may have planned her wedding in one month, but she didn’t skimp when it came to her wardrobe.

The “Girls” actress, 35, tied the knot with musician Luis Felber earlier this month in a colorful London wedding at Soho’s Union Club, wearing a total of three custom dresses by close friend and fashion designer Christopher Kane, as documented by Vogue.

Dunham started the day in green feather pajama pants by Sleeper ($290 with matching shirt) to get ready to walk down the aisle. Bridesmaids including Taylor Swift and Tommy Dorfman, meanwhile, got their hair and makeup done in blue floral looks from The Vampire’s Wife before changing into their metallic Christopher Kane dresses.

Dunham’s wedding décor and wardrobe were heavily inspired by iconic ’60s nuptials, including Sharon Tate’s wedding to Roman Polanski, Patty Boyd’s union with George Harrison and Yoko Ono and John Lennon’s marriage, as well as June Carter Cash and Priscilla Presley’s looks for their big days.

The long-sleeved A-line mini she wore for the ceremony — as well has her hair, makeup and bow-topped veil — pulled all the references together.

“Christopher was like, ‘You look like you’re either at a first Communion or a Madame Alexander doll,’ both of which I also liked!” Dunham told Vogue of the final look.

She accessorized with white tights, Miu Miu kitten heels and an “L” pin in her hair, which was a gift.

Not to be outdone, the groom wore a custom blue suede suit designed by Emily Bode.

Dunham’s second look was a long satin gown with a high neck, split sleeves and a “wild jewel detail that Christopher did a few collections ago that creates a frame around your torso. It’s both very opulent and very weird,” as she told the outlet. The star topped that look off with a crown by Dolecka Bridal.

The third dress was a surprise from Kane that made the bride cry in her final fitting. “He did a painting of the portrait of us on our wedding invitation with these sequined eyes and lips, and stuck it to the front of this beautiful A-line white silk dress,” Dunham said.

“It was so beautiful, and so fun to wear, and so good for dancing because it was like a giant, chic tent.”

With such a unique wedding aesthetic, the rings were naturally one of a kind as well. While Felber proposed with an Incan Peruvian ring from the early 1700s that belonged to his grandmother, Dunham designed their wedding bands with “a bunch of multicolored sapphires,” inspired by Paloma Picasso’s work for Tiffany & Co.

Dunham wears her engagement ring on her pinky, as changing the size of the delicate antique was not an option; Felber’s wedding band, meanwhile, fits more comfortably on his pinky while he’s playing guitar.

Page Six was the first to report that the couple were dating in early June; Dunham confirmed the relationship herself a few days later, calling herself “the luckiest.”

https://pagesix.com/2021/09/29/lena-...y-luis-felber/

https://twitter.com/voguemagazine/st...715712/photo/2

um...she looks happy! that's the best i can say about this wedding look.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Here's all the photos from Vogue. Too many to post here.

https://www.vogue.com/slideshow/lena...felber-wedding
    Sarzy and I'mNotBitter like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Surprisingly cute and cozy wedding, I like everything but her clothes, but she looks really happy, which is the important part.

czb

her clothes suck. and i don't understand why they would have a chuppah if not even wearing yarmulkes. and why would someone be inspired by tate's wedding to roman?

more questions than answers ....
    DawnM74 likes this.

She looks completely happy and in love. Good for her, I'm glad she found her person.

While I don't love their aesthetic, I appreciate and it's who they are.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    Surprisingly cute and cozy wedding, I like everything but her clothes, but she looks really happy, which is the important part.
    Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    She looks completely happy and in love. Good for her, I'm glad she found her person.

While I don't love their aesthetic, I appreciate and it's who they are.
    Yes to everything you both said. I just want to add that he looks completely happy and in love, too. Which is so awesome.

I think they understand themselves and each other and accept who they are. That's really lovely to see.
    Lofty Bike likes this.

Who knew. She's actually the last person I would have expected to be so into a fancy wedding with a designer putting together three outfit changes for her. Doing hair/makeup et al. She just seemed to care so little about appearance and clothing when she was doing Girls.
    czb likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Who knew. She's actually the last person I would have expected to be so into a fancy wedding with a designer putting together three outfit changes for her. Doing hair/makeup et al. She just seemed to care so little about appearance and clothing when she was doing Girls.
    or any other outing. she just looks like a studied slob.

Slippers... nice.

DawnM74 likes this.

I would not be surprised if she's on prednisone - she's got a moonface. Has she overshared (I know, not her style) and let us know about any autoimmune disorders?
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

Gold Member

She has Ehlers—Danlos Syndrome, according to this, but I don’t believe steroids are a treatment for it. She has also said she has endometriosis.

https://www.today.com/health/what-eh...gnosis-t166421

Elite Member

"giant chic tent" as a dress description totally cracks me up. For most people, this doesn't sound like a favorable review, but from Lena, it makes sense.

^^^^
    i love a good chic tent lol but not this one. a good tent dress should still drape nicely. this one does not.
    i don't think all dresses have to be form fitting or 'sexy' to look good and some women can totally pull off the chic tent look and look amazing.
    at the same time i kind of respect the fact that she's decided to wear what she wants and likes regardless of whether or not it will actually flatter her and i've noticed there's a lot of that especially in the body positivity movement - if you like a piece of clothing, wear it, regardless of your size or shape.
    NickiDrea and Novice like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information