Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Legendary Actor James Garner Dead at 86

I bet it's the top half.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Ava Gardner also claimed Native blood - Tuscarora. That is why she was so hot.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Squidge View Post
    For some reason, the multiple quote thing is not working for me, but yeah, I had a crush on him too. Still a very good looking man!

There is some contention as to those claims, but I think it's just his maternal great grandmother, or great great grandmother, not both sides.
    Nope, it's both sides. Grandpa Presley was kind of a racist which is why Vernon and Gladys eloped, aside from Vernon being under age. Jesse Dunan was openly against (then) "Indians". After Elvis had earned some fame, somebody researched the roots of both sides of the family tree and found out, much to JD's shame, he had Cherokee roots, too. He then tried to backtrack, but he was about as good in backtracking things he said and done as Trump is.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I was just wondering how he managed to die again but I see he's just native American .
    Yeah, when I first saw the thread I was like oh nooooes not another celeb death, ummm oh yeah that's right. So instead of "dead yet?" it's confirmed "still dead". Ok then, carry on.
    Bombshell, HWBL, nwgirl and 1 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Squidge View Post
    For some reason, the multiple quote thing is not working for me, but yeah, I had a crush on him too. Still a very good looking man!

There is some contention as to those claims, but I think it's just his maternal great grandmother, or great great grandmother, not both sides. Burt Reynolds is said to be half. John Philips of the The Mamas and Papas was half, and Charles Bronson is half Inuit.

So would I, though we're the ONLY race who has to prove who we are, like pedigreed dogs or cats, or race horses. Blood quantum was originally established as a means of genocide, to breed us out. If you've ever seen "Rabbit Proof Fence", it was the same thing. Children stolen from their families to teach them to 'be white'. Marry and procreate white, make the aboriginals disappear. Thousands of children died in boarding schools (called residential schools in Canada), and mass graves are still being found behind old schools. The last boarding school closed in the 1990s. Not 1890s, 1990s. The genocide IS still ongoing. But, this doesn't have anything to do with James "Hunka hunka" Garner...LOL

All my life, we were told we were descended from Matoaka (her real name), and the paperwork seemed legit, until I started looking at dates. Her granddaughter married a Bolling, but it was not the same one as in our family. So now I know definitively, we are NOT. And that line is, amazingly, easy to trace. She only had two children, one died as an infant, most likely the one John Smith's men impregnated her with when she was repeatedly raped. Yeah, no Disney film here. They arrived when she was about NINE, and like Columbus, would raped women and very young girls. She was pretty much traded into marriage to John Rolfe to 'keep peace' (of course, that did not work), and he took her to England, where she was rechristened "Rebecca" and shown around like a specimen to prove 'the savage can be tamed'. She ran into Smith at a party, and, having heard his 'story' (one of 3 versions he told, of 'prominent' women falling MADLY in love with him and saving him from their murderous fathers...), she turned her back on him, and fled the party. She was trying to return home with her son, when she died on the ship of a lung ailment. TB, pneumonia, etc, they do not know. She is buried in a London churchyard, no marker, as they were wooden markers, and a fire destroyed them all.

This also effectively erases our family ties to President Woodrow Wilson, who is said to be of that same line (perhaps she wasn't, either!)
    WW was Irish/Cumbrian/Glaswegian. I think you probably mean his third wife....

Wilson was born in Staunton, Virginia, on December 28, 1856, at 1824 North Coalter Street (now the Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library), of Scots-Irish descent.[10] He was the third of four children of Joseph Ruggles Wilson (18221903) and Jessie Janet Woodrow (18261888).[11] Wilson's paternal grandparents immigrated to the United States from Strabane, County Tyrone, Ireland (now Northern Ireland), in 1807. His mother was born in Carlisle, Cumberland, England, the daughter of Rev. Dr. Thomas Woodrow from Paisley, Scotland, and Marion Williamson from Glasgow.
    Squidge likes this.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Yeah, when I first saw the thread I was like oh nooooes not another celeb death, ummm oh yeah that's right. So instead of "dead yet?" it's confirmed "still dead". Ok then, carry on.
    As is Generalissimo Francisco Franco.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Bronze Member

If anyone has questions as to Native issues, blood quantum, etc, etc, feel free to PM me, since most of has nothing to do with Mr. Garner. If I don't have an answer, I know people who do...LOL. I'll get back to you as soon as possible, but I'm having a really bad pain day, and think I need to hit the sheets. Thanks!

What is one who knows about blood quantum called?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Source?
    You're right, all references seem to have disappeared.
    NativeCelebs.com has a fine list, but, it also lists the fakes, even by tribe (or incomplete affiliations). (Jay Tavare is NOT, he is Persian, and a vicious abuser of women)
    Robbie Robertson of The Band, Mohawk on his mom's side, raised on his mother's reserve in Canada. It's a reserve in Canada, reservation in the US)

As for James Garner...when Indian Country Today writes up your obit...you know they're fer reelz.
    'Maverick,' 'Rockford Files' Star James Garner, Cherokee, Dies at 86 - ICTMN.com
    I wanna watch the Rockford Files now. Wonder if they're on Youtube? Or....?

Elite Member

I wanna watch the Rockford Files now. Wonder if they're on Youtube?

If you have METV you can watch episodes every morning.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information