Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Legendary Actor James Garner Dead at 86

My Dad used to leave me home alone on Thursday nights to go bowling when I was 11 yrs old. He would come home and ask what I did while he was out and I would tell him I watched Black Sheep Squadron and Rockford Files. He would scratch his head and wonder why an 11 yr. old girl would want to watch those shows So sorry to hear this.
    Drive-by poster

Bronze Member

Place I clean at DVRs the Rockford Files, and at the end one day, I noticed it said, "A Cherokee Production"...I'm like, "WHA? HUH?" This was about the time he 'took the journey', as we say. Sure enough, Indian Country Today had a story about him being an enrolled member of the Cherokee Nation (as was Jonathan Winters!). I was like, "YEAH! ALRIGHT! WOOO!!!" (Also, Randolph Mantooth, from "EMERGENCY!", is Seminole/Cherokee/Potawatomi, and has been battling cancer, right about the time his sister lost her battle with cancer, but claims he's in remission currently!
    I also loved Garner in "The Notebook"...it was a sad, sweet film. Alzheimer's is such a horrible disease.

^^And Heather Locklear is part Lumbee. That tribe is not federally recognized, but are recognized by the states of North Carolina and Tennessee.
    MsDark and Squidge like this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Bronze Member

There's a lot in "Hollywood". Matter of fact, many of Heather's cousins are actually enrolled Cherokee, which is common for many non-federally-acknowledged tribes. (Should add, to be enrolled with a nearby tribe/nation, not all Cherokee...such as Chinooks are enrolled Quinault) I guess I just would never have guessed Garner or Winters, though (let alone Heather!) Johnny Depp, however, despite his claims, is not. He's never been able to prove it.
    I'm sure I've seen Maverick at some point, but just don't remember, and I know I've seen some of Garner's other old films, but probably so long ago, it has slipped my feeble mind...the mind that, this morning, is wonder why I haven't become a serial killer...

Quote Originally Posted by Squidge View Post
    (Also, Randolph Mantooth, from "EMERGENCY!"
    My very first TV crush. OH I thought he was SO CUUUUTTTEEEE!!!!
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Elvis has Cherokee roots on both sides of the family and I believe Burt Reynolds is part Native American, too, though I'm not sure he's Cherokee.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I'd love to DNA test everyone with native blood claims.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Especially all the people who claim to be descended from Pocahontas.

Elite Member

Mr. Garner, what a beautiful man.
    BITTER and Squidge like this.

True dat Alysheba:
    twitchy2.0 and SHELLEE like this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I know Elvis' claims were legit.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I was just wondering how he managed to die again but I see he's just native American .
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'm just happy that it appears Bugdoll has returned!
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bombshell View Post
    My very first TV crush. OH I thought he was SO CUUUUTTTEEEE!!!!
    For some reason, the multiple quote thing is not working for me, but yeah, I had a crush on him too. Still a very good looking man!

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Elvis has Cherokee roots on both sides of the family and I believe Burt Reynolds is part Native American, too, though I'm not sure he's Cherokee.
    There is some contention as to those claims, but I think it's just his maternal great grandmother, or great great grandmother, not both sides. Burt Reynolds is said to be half. John Philips of the The Mamas and Papas was half, and Charles Bronson is half Inuit.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    So would I, though we're the ONLY race who has to prove who we are, like pedigreed dogs or cats, or race horses. Blood quantum was originally established as a means of genocide, to breed us out. If you've ever seen "Rabbit Proof Fence", it was the same thing. Children stolen from their families to teach them to 'be white'. Marry and procreate white, make the aboriginals disappear. Thousands of children died in boarding schools (called residential schools in Canada), and mass graves are still being found behind old schools. The last boarding school closed in the 1990s. Not 1890s, 1990s. The genocide IS still ongoing. But, this doesn't have anything to do with James "Hunka hunka" Garner...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Especially all the people who claim to be descended from Pocahontas.
    All my life, we were told we were descended from Matoaka (her real name), and the paperwork seemed legit, until I started looking at dates. Her granddaughter married a Bolling, but it was not the same one as in our family. So now I know definitively, we are NOT. And that line is, amazingly, easy to trace. She only had two children, one died as an infant, most likely the one John Smith's men impregnated her with when she was repeatedly raped. Yeah, no Disney film here. They arrived when she was about NINE, and like Columbus, would raped women and very young girls. She was pretty much traded into marriage to John Rolfe to 'keep peace' (of course, that did not work), and he took her to England, where she was rechristened "Rebecca" and shown around like a specimen to prove 'the savage can be tamed'. She ran into Smith at a party, and, having heard his 'story' (one of 3 versions he told, of 'prominent' women falling MADLY in love with him and saving him from their murderous fathers...), she turned her back on him, and fled the party. She was trying to return home with her son, when she died on the ship of a lung ailment. TB, pneumonia, etc, they do not know. She is buried in a London churchyard, no marker, as they were wooden markers, and a fire destroyed them all.

This also effectively erases our family ties to President Woodrow Wilson, who is said to be of that same line (perhaps she wasn't, either!)
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; January 25th, 2016 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squidge View Post
    Charles Bronson is half Inuit.
    Source?

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information