Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: LeBron James Slams Laura Ingraham for Drew Brees Support

The weirdest thing I heard about Laura Ingraham is that she used to "date" Lindsay Graham when she lived in DC.

I had a Twitter argument with a guy (I know, not the best use of my time!) who said that Brees should be allowed to express his opinion, First Amendment and all that. I said that no one's trying to say that Brees can't express himself but why should HE be allowed to and not LeBron? Again he said that Brees should be allowed to speak because LeBron talks all the time. That argument didn't make any sense to me but still I said that no one's saying Brees can't talk, but why should LeBron have to shut up and dribble but Drew's opinion is somehow important commentary even though they're both athletes? The guy just said the same thing again, that people are trying to silence Brees and that's why his opinion is important. Then I said it was Ingraham who told LeBron to SHUT UP and dribble so she's doing the silencing, then he blocked me. So I don't know why I bother really. I find Twitter to be informative but it also makes me angry, I really shouldn't engage!

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunia View Post
    The weirdest thing I heard about Laura Ingraham is that she used to "date" Lindsay Graham when she lived in DC.

I had a Twitter argument with a guy (I know, not the best use of my time!) who said that Brees should be allowed to express his opinion, First Amendment and all that. I said that no one's trying to say that Brees can't express himself but why should HE be allowed to and not LeBron? Again he said that Brees should be allowed to speak because LeBron talks all the time. That argument didn't make any sense to me but still I said that no one's saying Brees can't talk, but why should LeBron have to shut up and dribble but Drew's opinion is somehow important commentary even though they're both athletes? The guy just said the same thing again, that people are trying to silence Brees and that's why his opinion is important. Then I said it was Ingraham who told LeBron to SHUT UP and dribble so she's doing the silencing, then he blocked me. So I don't know why I bother really. I find Twitter to be informative but it also makes me angry, I really shouldn't engage!
    You should have asked your friend what the First Amendment has to do with a Twitter/tv show war between a reporter and a football star that has absolutely nothing to do with the government.
    Kittylady likes this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    You should have asked your friend what the First Amendment has to do with a Twitter/tv show war between a reporter and a football star that has absolutely nothing to do with the government.
    I get so annoyed when people spout their First Amendment rights without knowing what it actually protects.
    Kittylady likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information