Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: At least 8 dead in ‘mass casualty event’ at Travis Scott Astroworld concert

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    He's going to be sued into oblivion. Probably too late to do anything to moderate the public perception at this point.
    Good thing his baby mamma has a job. (eye-roll)

I have to admit to feeling a bit bad for him - I don't even think an ambulance coming through the crowds would have been enough to alarm him, as it's not really that unusual at any concerts. Usually EMT can make it down an aisle - crowds like this it probably makes more sense to drive?

There are a ton of examples of bands/performers stopping their shows when people are getting assaulted, hurt, or crushed. Bad behavior at shows isn't limited to Travis Scott, it happens all the time. But, it is telling how performers deal with it. Everything I've read said he encouraged wild and outrageous behavior from his crowds, he's been sued in the past for fans getting injured.

I don't doubt that he wasn't aware of all that was happening, but he had to have seen some of it and he should have stopped the show. Also, as soon as it was known that it was out of control the festival should have stopped his performance. They waited way too long to address the situation. It certainly isn't all on Travis Scott as a person, there's a lot of blame to go around.

And he stopped a show when he thought someone was trying to steal his shoes but not for ambulances into the middle of the crowd…. I’m at no sympathy and I appreciate that there is multiple “blame” point here.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    this reminds me, have you seen the 'visit baltimore' ads on hulu? the song features the lyrics "You don’t know real until you've been to Baltimore" lol
    I haven't seen it, but now I'm off to find it. I can't imagine thinking "you know where I want to visit? Baltimore!".

eta - I found the ads on YouTube. They make me want to visit for sure. I can imagine the surprise when people go there based on the ad. I have DC friends that are heading to Baltimore to live now that they can continue to work from home. They're saving a ton of money.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information