Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: At least 8 dead in ‘mass casualty event’ at Travis Scott Astroworld concert

Apparently there’s a video making the rounds showing him crowd surfing and getting one of his shoes “stolen”. He then encourages the crowd to beat up the kid that stole the shoe. I’m not surprised. Typical piece of shit involved with the Kardashian’s.

There were interviews yesterday with emt’s saying they were treating several people who were “jabbed” with narcan. My SO said maybe they’re jabbing them with the covid vaccine, considering it Texas and all!

Also heard ads the police chief questioning the number of people in the festival. Saying it could have been double the capacity limit.
    DawnM74 likes this.

There is a very disturbing IG post you can see photos & video of her speaking to the camera man who refused to help to crush victims.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CV7NkBiLf3L/

Its very disturbing, so be warned if you read it.

IN the mean time Kylie & Travis are saying that they had no idea despite being able to see ambulance flashing lights on Kylies photos.

The replies to this from Travis is horrible, videos, all kinds of stuff
    https://twitter.com/trvisXX/status/1457018948109705217

Security on site launching someone over a barrier
    https://twitter.com/millennialcuts/s...21552059834382

The video of the girl that mounted the camera stand & the security guard that threatened to throw her off the 15ft platform, all while not doing anything to stop the show, help the crown or even report it back to control.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1457020692256395276
    DawnM74 likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Travis Scott concerts known for violence and injuries, reports show

By Jack Morphet and
    Jorge Fitz-Gibbon

November 7, 2021 10:34am Updated

Rapper Travis Scott has a history of inciting music-festival crowds to ignore security and violently storm the stage — leading to him to be arrested twice previously and sued.

Scott was charged over music festivals in Arkansas in 2017 and in Chicago in 2015 for whipping up hysteria and encouraging moshing that left a security guard and concertgoers injured.
    At his latest concert, eight people were killed and more than 300 injured in a stampede at Friday night’s Astroworld festival at NRG Park in Scott’s native Houston.

In 2017, police accused Scott of inciting a riot during a show at the Walmart Arkansas Music Pavilion, where several people, including a security guard, were injured.

He pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct, reportedly in a sweetheart deal with prosecutors to avoid more serious charges.

Weeks later, one of Scott’s Manhattan concerts became so chaotic one of his fans fell off a balcony and was left paralyzed, a lawsuit alleged.

Travis Scott was arrested at music festivals in 2015 and 2017 for whipping up hysteria and encouraging moshing.Rick Kern/Getty Images
    Plaintiff Kyle Green, then 23, claimed that Scott made matters worse by ordering his security guards to drag the badly injured young man’s limp body to the stage so the rapper could try to give him a ring as a consolation prize.

“I was in a lot of pain,” Green told The Post in 2017. “I just laid there, and finally, an ambulance came.’’
    In an interview Saturday, Green’s lawyer told Rolling Stone that his client was “devastated” and furious over the most recent tragedy.

One of Travis Scott’s Manhattan concerts became so chaotic that one of his fans fell off a balcony and was left paralyzed.Rick Kern/Getty Images

“He’s devastated and heartbroken for the families of those who were killed and for those individuals who were severely injured,” Green’s lawyer, Howard Hershehorn, told the outlet.

“He’s even more incensed by the fact that it could have been avoided had Travis learned his lesson in the past and changed his attitude about inciting people to behave in such a reckless manner,” Hershenhorn said.
    Scott was also arrested and charged with disorderly conduct after a Lollapalooza performance in 2015 that lasted just 5 minutes before being shut down when dozens of fans joined Scott on stage.

Eight people were killed and more than 300 injured in the stampede at Friday night’s Astroworld festival in Houston.Jamaal Ellis/Houston Chronicle via AP
    Video from the Lollapalooza concert showed Scott yelling, “Everyone in a green shirt get the f–k back!” referring to the security separating the crowd and the stage and starting a chant of, “We want rage!”

Organizers cut the microphone after dozens of fans climbed onstage.

The rapper has previously likened his live performances to professional wrestling, telling the magazine GQ in 2015 that he did not like it when his crowd just stands around.
    “I always want to make it feel like it’s the WWF or some s–t,” Scott told GQ. “You know, raging and having fun and expressing good feelings is something I plan on doing and spreading across the globe.”

Travis Scott has previously likened his live performances to professional wrestling.Erika Goldring/WireImage Crowd clashes are all part of Scott’s shtick, according to hip-hop critics.
    “Travis Scott’s whole aesthetic is about rebellion,” editor-in-chief of HipHopDX Trent Clark told the AP.
    “It’s not uncommon to see a lot of crowding and raging or complete wild behavior at a Travis Scott show".

Apparently his green room was called "sacrifice" (a bad choice not a prediction I guess?)
    DawnM74 likes this.

There is a photo of the guy tehy are trying to identify here:- https://nypost.com/2021/11/07/medica...oworld-victim/
    (Scroll to the bottom)
    BUt I am not posting it for obvious reasons.

Medical examiner seeks help in identifying Astroworld victim

By Jackie Salo

November 7, 2021 9:37am Updated

Authorities in Texas are seeking help identifying a man in his 20s who died in the chaos at Travis Scott’s Astroworld music festival.
    The man was brought to Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston after a stampede suddenly surged toward the stage and trampled concertgoers Friday night, the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences said.
    He was described as being in his early 20s and about 498 pounds with short black or dark brown wavy hair. He was 6-foot-2 and had a slight mustache with a noticeable goatee, officials said.
    At the time of his death, he was wearing size-11 white Nike sneakers.
    Officials released his photo and asked anyone who recognizes him to contact authorities.
    An ambulance is seen in the crowd during the Astroworld music festival in Houston.TWITTER @ONACASELLA via REUTERS He was one of eight people who died in the pandemonium, ranging in age from 14 to 27 years old.
    Eight people died during the Astroworld incident.Michael Wyke/AP 25 people were taken to hospitals in the area.Alex Bierens de Haan/Getty Images Around 25 people were taken to hospitals, including 13 still hospitalized on Saturday, officials said.
    Footage posted to social media showed havoc as fans and staff tried to bring attention to injured concertgoers.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i hope he gets the shit sued out of him then.
    Too bad he's not married to Kylie and they could take her money too.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    There is a photo of the guy tehy are trying to identify here:- https://nypost.com/2021/11/07/medica...oworld-victim/
    (Scroll to the bottom)
    BUt I am not posting it for obvious reasons.

Medical examiner seeks help in identifying Astroworld victim

By Jackie Salo

November 7, 2021 9:37am Updated

Authorities in Texas are seeking help identifying a man in his 20s who died in the chaos at Travis Scott’s Astroworld music festival.
    The man was brought to Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston after a stampede suddenly surged toward the stage and trampled concertgoers Friday night, the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences said.
    He was described as being in his early 20s and about 498 pounds with short black or dark brown wavy hair. He was 6-foot-2 and had a slight mustache with a noticeable goatee, officials said.
    At the time of his death, he was wearing size-11 white Nike sneakers.
    Officials released his photo and asked anyone who recognizes him to contact authorities.
    An ambulance is seen in the crowd during the Astroworld music festival in Houston.TWITTER @ONACASELLA via REUTERS He was one of eight people who died in the pandemonium, ranging in age from 14 to 27 years old.
    Eight people died during the Astroworld incident.Michael Wyke/AP 25 people were taken to hospitals in the area.Alex Bierens de Haan/Getty Images Around 25 people were taken to hospitals, including 13 still hospitalized on Saturday, officials said.
    Footage posted to social media showed havoc as fans and staff tried to bring attention to injured concertgoers.
    This is heartbreaking
    crayzeehappee likes this.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Elite Member

They did identify the eighth person. A ninth person has since died. These nine victims came from all over the country (which surprised me), but I guess it's like Lollapalooza.

I see he’s got new “crisis control” PR team

Travis Scott’s new spokeswoman calls idea he could have stopped Astroworld ‘ludicrous’

Travis Scott’s new spokeswoman, former Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, said in a TV interview Friday that the idea the rapper could have stopped the disastrous Astroworld Festival in Houston in “ludicrous.”
    “They have a 59-page operations plan, and it clearly says the only two people that are, have the authority to stop the concert, were the executive producer and the concert producer,” Rawlings-Blake said on “CBS Mornings.”

He was not responsible for this, but he wants to be responsible for the solution,” added the former mayor, who was reportedly introduced to the 30-year-old rapper by a mutual friend, according to CBS Baltimore.
    Rawlings-Blake, 51, who served as mayor from February 2010 to December 2016, said Scott was unaware the event turned into a tragedy, adding that he and his team later attended an afterparty at Dave & Busters to “regroup.”

“They were trying to figure out what was going on. It was hours and hours after the concert when they actually found out the tragedy, how the tragedy unfolded,” she told host Gayle King. “And he has not stopped grieving for these families. He knows that he is who he is because of his fans. His love for his fans is so deep.”
    She added: “There was so much chaos, there was so much breakdown in communication, and that’s why it was important for me to work to try to help them out. Nine people have lost their lives, nine families are grieving.”
    Rawlings-Blake, who now provides consulting and advocacy services under the company SRB & Associates, said she also is a mother and understands the fans’ parents.

Over the last week, Travis Scott and his team have been actively exploring routes of connection with each and every family affected by the tragedy through the appropriate liaisons,” according to the statement obtained by Fox News Digital.
    Scott’s attorney Edwin McPherson on Friday insisted his client was unaware the show was declared a mass casualty event until after his performance, according to Fox News.
    “In fact, we’ve seen footage of police half an hour later just walking about and not looking like it was a mass casualty event. Clearly, the important thing is that never got to Travis, that never got to Travis’ crew,” McPherson said on “Good Morning America.”

“Re-grouping”??????

He can stop a show when he thinks his shoes are being stolen but not when he sees ambulance lights in the crowd? Alright then. Got it.

Drake apparently spent $1M at strip club night after Astroworld tragedy

One day after rapper Drake performed at the tragic Astroworld festival in Houston — during which nine people were trampled to death — he apparently drowned his sorrows by showering strippers with money, according to social media.
    The Canadian rapper left about $1 million on the floor of the Area 29 strip club in Houston, according to Toronto’s BlogTo.

Ecstatic women are seen scooping up the cash in a Nov. 9 social media video posted by the rapper’s friend, DJ Akademiks. When a man prompted them to say, “Thanks, Drake,” all said in unison: “Thanks Drake!”
    A since-deleted post from the club obtained by The Sun also noted Drake’s presence, citing his Instagram handle @champagnepapi.
    “Thank u @champagnepapi @roddyricch @dontoliver @ubk.ent @lira_galore @realberniceburgos @realamarie @kayykilo @turkeyleghut @bookedbymolo last night vibes was on point GRAND FINALE TONIGHT SUNDAY FUNDAY,” the club wrote.
    It took Drake three days to issue his first public remarks on the “devastating tragedy” at Scott’s Astroworld Festival.

" the only two people that are, have the authority to stop the concert, were the executive producer and the concert produce"

How could anyone say that with a straight face? So the person actually performing the concert has no authority to end the show? Not even if they're sick or feel like they're in danger (like weather conditions or idk A STAMPEDE OF PEOPLE)?

Idiot.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Who in the fuck would hire the ex-mayor of Baltimore (Baltimore!!) to be your PR/Spokesperson. Has he been to Baltimore? I mean, that's my town, but damn.
    Lalasnake likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Who in the fuck would hire the ex-mayor of Baltimore (Baltimore!!) to be your PR/Spokesperson. Has he been to Baltimore? I mean, that's my town, but damn.
    this reminds me, have you seen the 'visit baltimore' ads on hulu? the song features the lyrics "You don’t know real until you've been to Baltimore" lol
    KrisNine likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A Nine-Year-Old Child Has Died From Injuries Sustained at Astroworld Festival

Nine-year-old Ezra Blount‘s life was taken too soon after he passed away from injuries sustained at Travis Scott‘s Astroworld Festival tragedy, his family confirmed. Ezra‘s death marks the 10th death that occurred at the festival.
    “The Blount family tonight is grieving the incomprehensible loss of their precious young son. This should not have been the outcome of taking their son to a concert, what should have been a joyful celebration. Ezra‘s death is absolutely heartbreaking. We are committed to seeking answers and justice for the Blount family. But tonight we stand in solidarity with the family, in grief, and in prayer,” the family attorney Ben Crump told CNN.
    Nine other victims perished after the audience surged towards the stage during the 30-year-old rapper’s performance, leading to a stampede in the crowd due to the mass panic.
    Travis’ lawyer released a statement about finger-pointing after the tragedy occurred.
    RIP to all the victims of this horrific tragedy. Our thoughts are with their loved ones.

https://www.justjared.com/

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

I’m not saying that he needs to be penitent forever but maybe given what week it is a visit to a homeless shelter would have been a better optic? Kimmy fake dating that hound-dog from SNL isn’t going to deflect all press attention Kris.

TRAVIS SCOTTFIRST PUBLIC OUTING SINCE ASTROWORLD... Golfing with MJ & Wahlberg

11/24/2021 6:00 PM PT

Travis Scott is finally venturing out of his Houston home after the Astroworld tragedy ... flying to SoCal to golf with some A-list friends and spend the holiday weekend with family.
    Travis hit the links this week with Michael Jordan, Mark Wahlberg, Kris Jenner's BF, Corey Gamble and actor Said Taghmaoui.

Witnesses spotted the famous group Tuesday on the course attached to the gated Palm Springs-area community where Kris has a home.
    Travis still looked pretty somber in some shots taken while they were chilling off the course. The outing marks the first time the rapper's been seen out in public since 10 people were killed and hundreds injured during his Nov. 5 festival in Houston.

He had been laying low at his home in the Houston area for several weeks, devastated by what went down during the concert.
    As we've reported ... Travis, Live Nation, Apple and several other organizers have been hit with multiple lawsuits since then. Most notably, one for $750 million and another for a whopping $2 billion.

His attorney, Ed McPherson, told us Travis was unaware of the scope of casualties during his performance ... and didn't learn of it until several hours after the show. Travis has vowed to pay all funeral expenses for the Astroworld victims.
    As for his trip to Cali, it looks like he'll be surrounded by Kylie Jenner and her family for the Thanksgiving holiday

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheMindOf...859212/photo/1

TMZ.com - which is usually pro-Kardashian.

He's going to be sued into oblivion. Probably too late to do anything to moderate the public perception at this point.

yeah unless he was insured or something he's totally fucked. and going to a homeless shelter would have looked even more opportunistic, especially if it's not something he's known to do.
    i do believe him when he says he didn't know the extent of what was going on in the crowd while he was onstage, but he has to have seen the ambulance driving through the crowd and he should have stopped performing then, or the organisers should have cut off the show and made an announcement or something to calm people down.
    i think there's a lot of blame to go around for what happened, it's not just on travis scott. i do find it interesting that drake was also getting sued, even if he was just a guest performer who happened to be onstage with travis. i doubt that lawsuit will go far.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information