View Poll Results: What do you know most about?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • My loved ones' birthdays

11 20.37%
  • The current political climate

16 29.63%
  • the LeAnn saga, obviously

27 50.00%
Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
Like Tree4292Likes

Thread: LeAnn "S♥ed" Rimes: the big fat never-ending thread

Elite Member

And the hey look at me, I'm as important as mom (actually MORE important than their bio mom) posts continue:

1d
    • soulofeverleI wrote this last year around Mother's Day and with Stepmom's Day coming up this Sunday, I wanted to share this piece of my heart. This is still, and always will be my prayer. ����❤ Wouldn’t it be beautiful to remove the titles and celebrate the LovE? Celebrate the women who dedicate their lives, their bodies, and their souls to helping raise all our children? Wouldn’t it be beautiful if we could recognize that we are all a part of one collective motherhood? Wouldn’t it be beautiful to celebrate the connection us women have as a tribe, as one heartbeat? Wouldn’t it be beautiful to forgo the competition, the judgement, but instead celebrate our unique qualities that are somehow so perfectly created to intersect where the other leaves off? Wouldn’t it be beautiful to understand the great privilege and gift it is to be connected and all for the greatest purpose, to create and support life? This is my wish and hope for our futures. - LeAnn Rimes Cibrian

• load more comments
    • soulofeverle@notyouraveragestepmom I was raised the same way. I grateful for so many beautiful women who helped raise me. What a blessing!
    • phoenixmomrisingI appreciate the dialogue you are creating. As a mom facing a future that could include a step mom for my daughter ... or at least other women involved, what you're saying here makes me extremely uncomfortable. And yet, you're also right. If it's the right person, there cannot be too much love in our children's lives. They will always know who "mom" is and the presence of others doesn't actually threaten, but strengthen that! You clearly love your stepchildren like a mother!
    • soulofeverle@phoenixmomrising thank you. I'm SURE it's uncomfortable and I respect those feelings. My best friend is in your shoes right now and preparing herself for someone else helping raise her children. All she hopes for is someone loving and collaborative. No competition, just love. There can never be too much love.

You know, if she would put 25% of the amount of time & effort she puts into showing the world just how great she is, into performing, she would have a better career right now.

RealisticPerson, Karma and Wisher like this.

Rita Ford? LOL! I'm sure Lita will be glad to know that and also that she is British.
    Annika and RealisticPerson like this.

fgg

white dress pics - tell me she's not pregnant and just has a little belly going!
    RealisticPerson and teforde23 like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Yikes! I didn't even notice until I just scrolled back to look. There's a bump there but I think she'd be all over dropping hints or blaring from the rooftops if she was pregnant.
    RealisticPerson likes this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty Pig View Post
    Another thread for the has been Elly Mae Clampett? (See the recent photo of her at the OK! Magazine party) Gossip Rocks should change it's name to LeAnn Rocks LOL. I had to admit LeAnn's moronic behavior and schemes are much more entertaining than the "talent" her 7 fans talk about constantly. I don't see it, just an entitled D-List singer stuck in her decade and not growing with her audience. Since I can't SS tweets I have a message from a mom about LeAnn's latest blog post (the one about removing titles and just letting everyone love the children) which comes on the heels of Stepmother's Day. I kid you not, LeAnn is making it known that it's all about her day of being a loving stepmom to Brandi and Eddie's sons.
    "To LeAnn and her soulofeverle bullshit! A mom who spends hours in labor, feeling unbelievable pain & after the mom lays their eyes on their child that they have every fucking right to be called mom! After waking up all night long feeding their child & taking care of sick babies & pushing through endless exhaustion, they have every fucking right to hold the title of mom. A step mom is not mom! They help out the father of the children if they happen to be there and some hold a larger place in the kids lives but they are not mom especially if mom is present in their's child life. So take your bullshit somewhere else. If you want to have the mom title go have a kid of your own and stop stepping on mom's toes! You will never be mom in those kids eyes and you should be secure enough in yourself to understand that. And if you don't shut down your stupid blog because you have no self enlightenment! You are just talking out your flat ass. Dumb bitch! Brandi is a fucking saint for dealing with your psychotic ass for all these years!"
    goodness, your user name fits you. What a nasty, generalizing thing to say.
    Kittylady likes this.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    goodness, your user name fits you. What a nasty, generalizing thing to say.
    I was quoting the mom from Twitter. REREAD the thread before you come for me sweetie.

A Stepmother's role in every family is different. Some take a back seat and support the father as the major carer. Others step in in a more hands on motherly role. Many factors come in to play. Some dad's can be very involved in raising kids too and not need much support.

I am am sure many Stepmothers would be recognized on Mother's Day by children who see them in that role. LeAnns posturing and over zealous "recognize me as a Stepmum" bullshit indicates that she doesn't get enough validation from her "Bonus boys" or maybe even Eddie. So she demands her own day and shouts it from the rooftops!

Regarding Nasty Pig:

So you don't agree with the bolded part? If that's true, I apologizes for associating you with your nasty pig name, and I will use your condescending type of endearments instead, okay sugar pie?

This thread is full of irrational hate, and it seems as if people attack all step-moms who dare to profess love and mothering capabilities to their step-children. It's like they can't separate Leann from normal step-parents.
    CL**, Flygirl and Kittylady like this.

Elite Member

Yeah, it's good to not generalize all stepmoms just because of Leann.
    I have an evil stepmom but I still recognize that not all are like that and judge individuals on their individual actions. I think though, in the cases of people ranting like in that twitter response, it's not meant to be super mean, it's just people losing their temper and being pissed off at Leann for being such an asshole and essentially wanting to reduce their insignificance and experiences, just because she has an irrational jealousy, second wife issue going on. She really never shuts up about it and it's all such a farce. At the end of the day though, Leann is a Z-lister and besides disliking her, laughing at her, giving celeb gossip opinions...who cares. People don't need to take it so personal. It's not like she's influential to society or something.
    dexter7, Annika and needmeds like this.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    Regarding Nasty Pig:

So you don't agree with the bolded part? If that's true, I apologizes for associating you with your nasty pig name, and I will use your condescending type of endearments instead, okay sugar pie?

This thread is full of irrational hate, and it seems as if people attack all step-moms who dare to profess love and mothering capabilities to their step-children. It's like they can't separate Leann from normal step-parents.
    No I don't agree with the bolded part. The mom was addressing LeAnn on her Soul of Everle post Wouldn't It Be Beautiful. She's also a stepmom whose step kids never needed to validate her. I apologize for being bitchy LOL
    CL**, dexter7 and idunno like this.

gotcha, thanks for clarifying for me.

Bronze Member

All good. LeAnn's haters on Twitter can be vicious though when it comes to her role as a stepmom. I'm more entertained by her antics like creating a blog when Brandi had announced she was creating one with a friend first and saying it was an idea that came to her two years ago. The only thing she was creating at that time was the music that become part of Remnants. It's just LeAnn trying to steal Brandi's thunder yet again. LeAnn's already asking her fans for ideas. That is what I meant by entertainment.

Bronze Member

What she really means is...... "Wouldn't It Be Beautiful" if people would quit using the word MOM and realize she's just as special (if not more so) dammit!!
    idunno, Karma and Zooyork like this.

Bronze Member

What a great statement.
    From

https://suburbanturmoil.com/this-is-...om/2011/11/02/

Thank you to @Leann'sBioMom who posted this on Twitter

LIVE
    NOVEMBER 2, 2011POSTED BY LINDSAY FERRIER
    This is not a Bonus Mom

From time to time, new stepmothers e-mail me and ask where they can find online resources for blended families. I used to wonder the same thing after I got married. Websites for stepmothers were few and far between, and either contained the kinds of stories that made you say, “Well, DUH” at the end of them, or featured forums filled with vitriolic complaints about the “bio mom” and the “brats” the stepmother was suddenly forced to deal with.

I soon began avoiding blended family sites like the plague– and I personally haven’t written a whole lot about my own blended family situation over the years because as you can imagine, it’s sensitive. For one thing, my stepdaughters have been adolescents throughout most of the time that I’ve been a blogger. The last thing they needed to deal with in addition to puberty was their stepmom giving the world her take on it. For another thing, they’re not my kids.

And this statement is key, even though it’s a hard one to make. They’re. Not. My. Kids. Even though I love them like they’re my kids, and care about their well-being as much as any parent could. Even though they’ve lived with us most of the time that I’ve been married. Even though they’ve followed (AND DESPISED) rules set by me. I am not, and never will be, their mom. They often do not need or want my parental take (publicly or privately) on how they are or should be living their lives.

And that’s okay. It has taken me years to be able to say it, but that’s okay.

I think that most stepmoms eventually realize this– and that’s why you won’t find a whole lot of stepmom blogs out there (and why you’ll often find yourself shuddering when you read the intimate details shared by some of the stepmoms that are online). If we suffer from finding ourselves smack dab in the middle of a touchy blended family situation that we did not create and do not control, we mostly do it in silence- if we’re smart. It’s the Stepmother Way.

But then someone like LeAnn Rimes comes along– and, well, see for yourself.

Here is LeAnn’s Twitter bio:

LeAnn. LeAnn, LeAnn, LeAnn.

From one stepmother to another? You are not a Bonus Mom.

If we want to get specific here, you’re actually the one that ended the relationship between the real mom and dad of those “adorable Rascals.” I feel pretty certain that you are a “bonus” that those boys could have done without.

Your war of words with your husband’s ex has been well-documented by the media and even though I know how irritating and unfair it can be when your stepchildren’s mother says something nasty about you, your best defense, if you really, truly care about the kids (and Gisele, I hope you’re listening too) is SILENCE.

SILENCE.

Of course, in your defense, LeAnn, you’re hardly the first new stepmother to commit the dreaded ‘Bonus Mom’ faux pas. Now that my little ones are getting older, I’m starting to become acquainted with more and more new stepmoms, women who are giving me an uncomfortable case of deja vu because they’re right where I was ten years ago. They’re often the ones asking way too many questions during parent meetings, cheering way too loudly at soccer games, and baring way too much skin during children’s birthday parties. (I know it’s a new relationship and all, but uh. Just sayin.’) It’s hard for me to see them now because I remember doing some of the exact same things when I was in their shoes, and only now am I understanding why I got more than a few hostile glares at the time from other moms.

A stepmom is not a bonus mom.

My advice to LeAnn, to other new stepmoms, hell, to myself ten years ago, is to take the “wind beneath their wings” approach. Avoid conflict with the kids’ mom. Be ready and willing to take a step back at birthday parties and sports events. You do not need to prove to the world how much YOU CARE. Be there for the kids when they need you, but be willing to back off when they’re feeling conflicted, or when their mom is causing trouble, or when it’s creating problems in your own marriage. It might not be best for you and your feelings (and in a world where YOUR FEELINGS are EVERYTHING, I realize that this can be very hard to take), but if you really do want the best for the members of your blended family, you’ll do it for them.

You don’t have to be a bonus mom… or a mom-in-waiting… or an I-should-have-been-your-mom… to do it.

You can simply be a caring adult who provides support and love to the members of your family.

And while it’s not always optimal, it has got to be enough.
    lindsaywhit, Sonia, Karma and 3 others like this.

Bronze Member

So I see Brandi has posted a #tb pic on Instagram of her pregnant with Mason. Shade or mere coincidence?
    RealisticPerson, Karma and Wisher like this.

Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread Information