Page 42 of 196 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
Like Tree6361Likes

Thread: Leann Rimes and Eddie Cibrian: the continuing fat saga

Quote Originally Posted by mostroop View Post
    You better not imply that people in the UK don't know who she is. Her hits are known all over the world.

mrjasonstreet Have fun! I need to go back soon. Does anyone recognize you there? @leannrimes My friends in England don't know any country music. Boo...

leannrimes Yes, they do. @mrjasonstreet my hits have never been considered "country" here since contemporary country music didn't exist here when I started.

OMG... Anybody else feel that blast of barely suppressed rage? Something in there feels straight-up scary. (shudders)

Elite Member

Oh and remember, she's a ground-breaker!

my hits have never been considered "country" here since contemporary country music didn't exist here when I started.

one of her hits, Blue, was old-time country. I am not sure which 'hits' she would consider contemporary or ground breaking. I don't feel like researching, but I don't remember her doing anything different than the other singers were doing.

Is she serious that the Brits didn't know about country music when she was coming up? Please. My great auntie is from Surrey and she knew country music, hell her bil was a minor country singer and toured with some of the greats of country music.
    RealisticPerson likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by mostroop View Post
    You better not imply that people in the UK don't know who she is. Her hits are known all over the world.

mrjasonstreet Have fun! I need to go back soon. Does anyone recognize you there? @leannrimes My friends in England don't know any country music. Boo...

leannrimes Yes, they do. @mrjasonstreet my hits have never been considered "country" here since contemporary country music didn't exist here when I started.
    Who the fuck is she kidding? Of course we know about Country (contemporary and traditional) over here. When I was a kid I had a best friend whose dad was seriously into country music and I was taken on holiday with them to a resort that was running country and western themed holidays several times a year and it was jam packed to bursting with every type of country fan you can think of. There's Country themed hotels that do a thriving business over here (Bloke stayed in one during his travels in the South after his usual place was booked up) and there's even a British Country Music awards.

British people know about Country, they just don't give a flying fuck about LeAnn Rimes.
    Trixie, JWL, rollo and 7 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

When I was in the checkout line at the grocery store yesterday, one of the tabloids (Star or Globe) had excerpts from an interview with Dean Sheremet where he commented for the first time about his breakup with Rimes. Did anyone else see that?

You're kidding, right?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

LeAnn must be feeling insignificant these days. She needs to take a deep breath before responding in anger to tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    You're kidding, right?
    Nope. While I was reading the article, I thought of you guys, but I have only checked out this thread a couple of times, I think.
    dksnj likes this.

^^i think its the comments dean made that we published a few pages back. To us, it's old news. Lol

Eddie wanted to take the first flight alone so he could bang a flight attendant before wewe got there.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    ^^i think its the comments dean made that we published a few pages back. To us, it's old news. Lol
    Okay, just saw Sluce's post on Page 36. I have to admit that I thought people might have seen the interview because the article I read wasn't a direct interview with Sheremet, but kind of a re-encapsulation of the interview that Sluce posted.
    sluce likes this.

*sigh* please try to keep up, Mo. This thread is a hotbed of up-to-the minute info on everything and anything Rimes!
    sluce, mostroop, faithanne and 9 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Jeez Mo. If you can't commit to check this thread every day - a few times per hour - you should step out.
    mostroop, Annika, dilligaf and 5 others like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clubber Lang View Post
    Her incessant need to call mom's "biomom" really grates on me. And anyway, a mom is a mom is a mom. Stepmom, foster mom, etc., just wish everyone a happy mothers day and be done with it. Jeebus.
    I hate when people use the term biomom. It's an attempt by stepmoms who are overstepping their bounds to make the stepmom on par with the real mom. There is only one mom. Unless the kids have a terrible mom and the step fills the void, they are still not mom.

Even in adoption the term biomom is not proper. It is birthfamily and adoptive family if one feels the need to differentiate.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopesprings View Post
    I hate when people use the term biomom. It's an attempt by stepmoms who are overstepping their bounds to make the stepmom on par with the real mom. There is only one mom. Unless the kids have a terrible mom and the step fills the void, they are still not mom.
    Agreed. I find it offensive.
    It seems like an insecurity to have a qualifier before the word mom for themselves, so they want to bring mom down a peg and make her have a qualifier, too. There are exceptions, when it doesn't bother me, but often enough, it's just a petty thing. And the defensive reasons are just disingenuous. Oh, you use it so readers can differentiate? Right. Because stepmom and mom are so confusing, I really can't tell which is which.

Thread Information