Page 118 of 196 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2935
Like Tree6361Likes

Thread: Leann Rimes and Eddie Cibrian: the continuing fat saga

^Good point about the school.

czb

1. not everyone wants to go to a school with 'Christian' in the name
    2. 30k tuition per kid per year, doesn't include whatever charitable donations they request. i say that because many private schools require some level of contribution
    3. maybe the kids don't want to do private school?

not going to judge leann and eddie on this, there are so many other things to judge.
    faithanne and garysgirl1999 like this.

Bronze Member

I definitely hear you on those points. My thoughts:

1) Your location says Left Coast, so I probably don't need to belabor this point. Most/many "Christian" or "Catholic" schools out here are extremely mild as far as the religious based teaching. It's mainly about giving back, being kind, polite, and Bible-lite. Nothing Duggar-ish. Since LeAnn would be the one most likely to foot the bills, I doubt she would have an issue with the name Oaks Christian. Let's not forget she actively went to Bible Study at Life Change Community Church in Calabasas with the devout Kardashians.

2) I went to a similar private school. The donations are strongly recommended, but usually not required. When one can't afford the cash donations, volunteer hours count as well. I will say, most parents who can afford that tuition usually are happy to add extra donations for tax reasons.

3) Maybe I am old fashioned, but parents should decide what is best for their children, not vice versa. In my experience as a kid who only went to private, the former public school kids did not want to switch. Private has (again, only my experience) dress codes, stricter rules, harder classes, etc. Obviously most kids won't choose that.

Overall, I agree with you. There are WAY more things to judge them on. My comment was in the context of finances. They are clearly prioritizing subsidizing their odd half Hollywood/half Bakersfield lifestyle over other options, including sending the boys to the nearby schools that are really exceptional.
    rollo and RealisticPerson like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by PiperBelle View Post
    The mortgage on the foreclosure that LeAnn purchased was over 2 million. The purchase price was 3M. A hefty second mortgage was secured after that. She was able to make a good sized down payment, which is great. However, it's not like they are sitting on some super valuable asset with a ton of equity. Wouldn't surprise me if milking the last bits of equity out of that home is what is keeping their lifestyle afloat. With their sporadic work, they both probably bring in enough to keep an average family in Southern California more than comfortable. However, they seem to spend like money is no object. Frequent vacations, only working occasionally, multiple leased "fancy" cars (Range Rover [lease payment for this is MORE than what Ed pays in child support monthly], his Porsche, Prius, etc), all Ed's toys (including that pricey RV), financing their failed reality show, her never ending face, mouth and body surgeries, etc. It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.
    One thing that I find interesting is that they live very close to an AMAZING school (Oaks Christian) where many children of celebrities and athletes go because of the fantastic education and athletics (with a huge emphasis on privacy), yet Mason doesn't go there, even though he is of age. Tuition is ~30k/year, so I guess the combined wealth Ed bragged about goes to the lifestyle and not giving the kids every opportunity available.
    Where did you find the info on their home? Yea, I want to poke my nose in their business.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    1. not everyone wants to go to a school with 'Christian' in the name
    2. 30k tuition per kid per year, doesn't include whatever charitable donations they request. i say that because many private schools require some level of contribution
    3. maybe the kids don't want to do private school?

not going to judge leann and eddie on this, there are so many other things to judge.
    I don't think they care if the school is 'christian' or not.

I also figure that the tuition would be something that they would split between E & B. This would not be L's responsibility at all.
    garysgirl1999 likes this.

Oh my fucking God. This thread.....
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

czb

piperbelle, i get what you are saying about christian-lite. but i personally would not send my kid to a christian-lite school and i know other like myself.

a lot of the private schools where i am require donations. some schools are ok with smaller donations, but one of the best in my area requires 100k/year for those not on scholarship.

again, i'm not going to judge them on the private school thing.

Bronze Member

Fair 'nuff

Lol, why should where the kids attend school be any reflection on Leann, and why should she pay tuition? As mentioned ad infinitum- she's not their mother.

It's up to their parents to do.
    mostroop, garysgirl1999 and sluce like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Bronze Member

There are two caregiving groups. One is the unit of Ed and LeAnn. The other is Brandi, who makes no bones about living on a shoestring. I was pointing out that while Ed may brag about how much money he and his wife have, they certainly don't spend it on the kids. The priorities in the "Cibrian Family" seem to be fauxtoshoots, RV trips, Varvatos shopping sprees, LeAnn's surgeries, treating Ed and Friends to trips.

Please note my post referenced "they" and "Ed"--not Leann "Bonus Mum" Rimes.

Oh I see, there are two care giving groups,......and yet, there are still 2 parents who would be the ones responsible to make educational decisions and bear financial responsibility. If Eddie lives off his wife and Brandi lives on a shoestring then private school is simply out of their reach.

Sometimes this thread really is hilarious.
    garysgirl1999 and sluce like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Bronze Member

I suppose, if that is how you'd like to frame it. LeAnn is at all of the parent teacher conferences (and obviously the breadwinner in the Cib Fam), so it seems she has a say in the kids' education. IDK, you seem way more invested in arguing that point than I am.

. . .

And I agree! This thread is so hilarious. I haven't been as consistently present in it for years as you have, but I think we share the same appreciation! Whatever happened to KatScorp?

Even if I was a gazillionaire I wouldn't send my hypothetical sprogs anywhere with Christian in the title. And I went to a religious school.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Got you a gift Faithanne.....

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Oh I see, there are two care giving groups,......and yet, there are still 2 parents who would be the ones responsible to make educational decisions and bear financial responsibility. If Eddie lives off his wife and Brandi lives on a shoestring then private school is simply out of their reach.

Sometimes this thread really is hilarious.
    That "sometimes" is getting far and few between.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Elite Member

Brandi has primary physical custody, right? Doesn't she live like an hour away from Eddie and Horse Face? Two hour commute for school? I wouldn't do it.

I'd imagine the public school system in her area is perfectly suitable from the academic standpoint as its an upper middle class area.

Thread Information