Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Leah Remini's daughter rules the house - still on the bottle at age 4

Wink

^ Oh yea, and at least by 12 months I swore off bottles...

I threw them all out just in case my son cried for them and I had a weak moment (which is easy to do, at say - 4 AM). He adjusted rather quickly - within a week - to sippy cups and cups with straws at 1 year old.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

The reason kids are still running around in diapers at age four? Diapers are way too comfortable and moisture absorbent now. Don't believe me? Try using cloth diapers. The couple I know who did had those kids potty trained about the same age as my mom had all her kids...by no later than 24 months.

And apparently letting a kid cry over something is now child abuse. Trust me, it won't last longer than a day or two. Well, maybe longer for this kid of Leah's if you took away her bottles and binkies. In fact, I have a theory....give it a day of crying for each year old the kid is....that'd probably be about right. And unlike normal parents she could get a nanny to deal with most that shit.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    The reason kids are still running around in diapers at age four? Diapers are way too comfortable and moisture absorbent now. Don't believe me? Try using cloth diapers. The couple I know who did had those kids potty trained about the same age as my mom had all her kids...by no later than 24 months.
    I've heard that about modern diapers - the baby doesn't feel the wetness because the high-tech fibers draw it away, so he'll go around in a wet diaper for a long time. I saw something on TV - maybe the Today show? - that said that children in countries where they don't wear modern diapers and wear clothing that they can take on and off themselves are pottytrained faster than in countries like the US with Huggies and Pampers. Some parents in the US were trying that and had their kids pottytrained by 12 months of so.

Leah's kid was doomed from the start with Leah's stupidity running through her DNA and raised with her stupid beliefs and opinions.

My mother used to talk about how "stubborn" one of my brothers was cause it took him a whole 24 months to be potty trained!

Now it's apparently okay for kids to sit in their own shit right up to kindergarten. I'm sorry but kids should not dictate their own lives to that extent. What's next? Letting them sleep in a crib til age six and maybe not even go to school until they're ready??
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Cool

^ Exactly MrsD - eventually it came down to me being the parent/adult, without anyone else telling me how much they knew better.

One thing I hate about the world today is there is so many "donts" about parenting and "abuse" BS that new parents feel lost in what to do. At least that's how I felt, and I have to say, most of my friends who are just now having babies really appreciate that I dont lecture them on stuff they "should" be doing or what they are doing wrong.

The way I see it, when you have a baby, EVERYONE else knows how to raise that baby better then you...
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    She's four and she wears diapers?!!
    that is what I was thinking... four is old, for a girl especially.

What a stupid whore. Stop breeding please.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

If they cater to the kid like this, I'm surprised she's not still on the breast at 4.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Seapharris7 View Post
    I'm still sort of in shock, I think it's so easy as a first time parent, worried about making sure you are doing the RIGHT thing (especially when you have doctors telling you what to do) that you forgo the old ways of "tough love" and just making your child become self sufficient to some degree.
    that's so true. i think some first-time mothers - and btw i'm not saying this to judge, since i don't have kids and if i did maybe i would be the same - are too soft on their kids for some things. my cousin's kid (she's 14 months) still isn't walking on her own, even though she walks around everywhere as long as she has a wall or furniture to hold on to with both hands. she's scared to try walking on her own, or even holding someone's hand, and will start whimpering if you try to make her. my cousin gives in. i had the kid for one weekend while she and her husband were away and in that time i got her to start walking holding my hand, and even taking 2-3 steps on her own. she cried the first few times i held her hand but i (gently) insisted and now she'll do it with no problem. she would have been ready months ago but she's gotten so used to holding onto things and my cousin just gave in to her any time she began whimpering (when you can tell it's not real crying and they're just trying to get their way) and didn't insist she try. same thing with her food. she'll whimper when you feed her one of her non-favourites, but if you insist and keep feeding her that instead of opening up another one that you know she'll like, she'll stop and keep eating it. she ate everything i gave her the weekend she was with me. but my cousin's a softie and doesn't like to see her cry at all.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

That kid's gonna be a messed up fatty.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    If they cater to the kid like this, I'm surprised she's not still on the breast at 4.
    No, she's a Scientologist - she gets the honey/barley water/ milk mix.

Okay, I know not ever child is the same, but hell my brother was potty trained at 2, 2 1/2 and we all thought that was too old! That is a huge 4 year old, I thought she was around 8. That's another thing that has turned me off about children, there are always these "people" dictating what you should do with your child. Don't let them cry...I remember watching a show where a psych said Hitler's mother let him cry, and look how he turned out. I was like wtf??!!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    that's so true. i think some first-time mothers - and btw i'm not saying this to judge, since i don't have kids and if i did maybe i would be the same - are too soft on their kids for some things. my cousin's kid (she's 14 months) still isn't walking on her own, even though she walks around everywhere as long as she has a wall or furniture to hold on to with both hands. she's scared to try walking on her own, or even holding someone's hand, and will start whimpering if you try to make her. my cousin gives in. i had the kid for one weekend while she and her husband were away and in that time i got her to start walking holding my hand, and even taking 2-3 steps on her own. she cried the first few times i held her hand but i (gently) insisted and now she'll do it with no problem. she would have been ready months ago but she's gotten so used to holding onto things and my cousin just gave in to her any time she began whimpering (when you can tell it's not real crying and they're just trying to get their way) and didn't insist she try. same thing with her food. she'll whimper when you feed her one of her non-favourites, but if you insist and keep feeding her that instead of opening up another one that you know she'll like, she'll stop and keep eating it. she ate everything i gave her the weekend she was with me. but my cousin's a softie and doesn't like to see her cry at all.
    Here is the problem-you stayed with her & gave her confidence she could. Her mother is teaching her-repeatedly-that she can't do anything on her own! When she wimpers,she expects reassurance from her mom that she can do it-or nope,not safe. She gets told "not safe" so is afraid to branch out. Trouble ahead for this babe.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

First,this is an ugly child.
    Second,there are mothers babying their offsping till puberty,hoping they keep them under their wing for ever..
    Plus they keep the baby momma image for themselves intact..idiots.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Hit By Ban Bus!

On their first birthdays my children's bottles were all thrown away. They were both in panties by 2 1/2 and they never shared a room or a bed with me.
    That's because I make the decisions, not them.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information