Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree390Likes

Thread: Leah Remini writes Scientology tell-all

I hate all (celebrity) reality shows, and I don't even like Remini, however in her case it may have been her smartest move to start a reality show with her entire family. To be followed around by a production team and camera crew is probably the best protection against the cult. This way she runs the smallest risk of becoming a suicide victim with a bullet entrance wound in the back of her head.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Katie probably had NO IDEA what she was doing or how severe the consequences were.
    I think she was way, way in over her head and was probably lead by the nose through the KR by a handler acting on the orders of Dinky Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I still cannot fathom the reasons why otherwise sane, intelligent, worldly wise adults allow themselves to be completely entrapped by this mad cult. A few brave members wake up and realise what's going on but getting away from the bullying, intimidation, threats, manipulation and mind games takes a lot of courage because they know how the "church" will retaliate. The sinister homoerotic Cruise/Miscavage alliance would be funny if they didn't have such power to destroy people's lives. Celebrity Co$bots who escape their clutches (Kidman, Holmes, Rimini and Travolta who'd dearly love to) have to suffer a campaign of abuse and public humiliation. Just think how "ordinary" members are treated. No wonder so many dare not speak out or leave.
    In Leah's case her family joined when she was a child so it was almost all she ever knew. For other people I believe that the emotionally well balanced can smell the bullshit and walk away but they aren't $cientology's preferred prey. The want the people who are lacking in confidence, are feeling adrift or confused in their life for whatever reason and the whole of their ridiculous "Personality Test" that they use to lure people in is geared towards identifying weaknesses and then making everything look and sound so very much worse. They could test Pollyanna and come back and say that she had deep seated issues that would ultimately lead to unutterable misery and suicide without their help. That's what they do.
    A*O, faithanne, mostroop and 2 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Leah Remini vs Scientology: Twitter Responds

11/1/2015 8:10 AM PST, by Simon Delott

Leah Remini's interview was pretty big, right? So, as you can imagine, it's gotten a lot of responses. Certain Scientologists appear to be doing some passive-aggressive tweeting and retweeting. It's subtweeting so we can't prove it but, like, see for yourself.

The conclusion we draw from that is that current Scientologists Jenna Elfman and Kirstie Alley aren't exactly big fans of Leah's interview.

It would be ridiculous to say that everyone who's ever left a religion is going to describe life within that religion accurately. They are, after all, the people who left. Plus, minority religions can make easy, sensational targets (remember the "Satanic panic" of the '80s?). The thing with the Church Of Scientology is that what Leah describes matches up with seemingly every ex-Scientologist's story.

We're not Leah's only supporters. Her husband spent a lot of time retweeting and responding to fan questions.

He also made the extremely accurate tweet of "Free at last free at last thank god almighty..." Totally fair, Angelo.

There's been a lot of negative press about Leah from "certain parties" lately, and we're sure that this will only intensify after her interview. But it's nice to see that so many people have her back. As strange as it may be to say this about a very strong-willed celebrity, she really does need all of the support that she can get. Remember that she has thirty years of Scientology baggage and that that doesn't go away overnight.

Read more: Leah Remini vs Scientology: Twitter Responds | Fishwrapper.com
    Follow us: @fishwrapped on Twitter
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Jenna "AIDS is a state of mind, not a disease" Elfman can go fuck herself.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Well, she's got one thing right: she IS totally ridiculous, even without trying. I guess she also loves - as I stated before - ex-members who are "suicide" victims with bullet holes in the backs of their heads, or the cult emptying out bank accounts of members for the "greater good". What an asshat.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    Here's a taste on what's to come! This was leaked at Tony Ortega's site with confidential reports over Tom and Katie's wedding.THE LEAH REMINI FILES: AN EXCLUSIVE LOOK AT THE ‘KRs’ THAT INFORM HER MEMOIR « The Underground Bunker

The fact these reports are leaked to this site is telling. I thought this would be like the Going Clear documentary, nothing we didn't know much but this is going to throw dirt at Tom Cruise and Miscavige, who will probably have a stroke.
    Reading over that stuff now.

HOW CAN PEOPLE CONTINUE TO BE PART OF THIS CULT WHEN THEY ARE ENCOURAGED TO FILE "KNOWLEDGE REPORTS" ON EACH OTHER??????

Ugh.

What kind of religion actively encourages intelligence gathering on your church brethren? This is beyond gossiping, this is some seriously fucked up shit!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    In Leah's case her family joined when she was a child so it was almost all she ever knew.
    She also lacked a mainstream education because of her family going off to join Sea Org and then moved to LA for acting. So she had no other reference points.
    Last edited by Sassiness; November 3rd, 2015 at 01:04 AM.

So who's buyin' the book, and are you gonna post highlights?

Quote Originally Posted by Sassiness View Post
    Reading over that stuff now.

HOW CAN PEOPLE CONTINUE TO BE PART OF THIS CULT WHEN THEY ARE ENCOURAGED TO FILE "KNOWLEDGE REPORTS" ON EACH OTHER??????

Ugh.

What kind of religion actively encourages intelligence gathering on your church brethren?
    The LDS church does the same. They're pretty close to Co$ on the crazy-o-meter in numerous ways.
    sputnik, Sassiness, olivia and 1 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I liked this excerpt about Jennifer Aniston:

Jennifer Aniston and I had become friendly from seeing each other so much at various auditions. She was normal, unlike most other actresses, who, if you tried to make small talk, like asking where they were from, would accuse you of trying to “psych them out.”
    Kittylady and Sassiness like this.

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    Tommyboy is rabidly homophobic. I wouldn't be surprised, if he dislikes Travolta, because he (Tom) suspects/knows that he (Travolta) is gay. How tightly wound does poor Tomboy have to be in order to supress his own homosexuality?

Isn't Tom asexual? I never saw the reality show but after everything I have read, kudos to Katie Holmes to have left like she did.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    Isn't Tom asexual? I never saw the reality show but after everything I have read, kudos to Katie Holmes to have left like she did.
    Sure, he could be an asexual man who happens to enjoy totally un-homoerotic wrestling matches with strapping young men.
    teforde23 and Kittylady like this.

Elite Member

Ah goody, it contains funny stories about Tommyboy. Love JLo's catty remark at the wedding, but Leah seems to have forgotten that she too treated her child as if she was an adult.

Leah Remini’s Scientology Memoir Includes a Lot of Great Tom Cruise Anecdotes

After a high-profile book tour that included a blockbuster interview on 20/20, Leah Remini’s memoir about her life in the Church of Scientology, Troublemaker, was released Tuesday. The book is a quick read (the final 50 pages or so are just photos), but covers a lot of ground—from Leah’s mother first explaining Scientology to her at a young age, to her bizarre friendship with Tom Cruise and other celebrities in the church.
    But these aren’t the kinds of juicy stories one might see on blind gossip sites. While Lawrence Wright painted a terrifying portrait of Scientology in Going Clear, Remini’s first-person account skips most of the horror and presents the Church as a sad, soul-numbing place led by some people whose behavior is almost too strange to be horrifying.

Though Remini goes into detail about how she came to join the church, her time in the Sea Org, and how she balanced Scientology and her career, her stories about fellow celebrities are why some people (including myself) felt inclined to grab a copy at midnight. Here are some of the most memorable passages.
    On being at Tom Cruise’s house when he really wants cookies:
    Once when Angelo and I were over, Tom decided he wanted to make cookies. He walked into the kitchen, where a batch of prepackaged cookie dough had been prepared and was sitting on the counter, a perfect loaf ready for cutting and baking. Tom was looking for flour and other ingredients and must not have seen the cookie dough, and he instantly got angry.
    “Guys, where’s the cookie stuff?” he said, furrowing his brow.
    His assistants came running in wanting to explain that it was right there, on a nearby counter, but all one of them could say was, “Uh, Tom.” They both grew more flustered, and Tom got angry. “Goddamn it!”
    Looking at the dough sitting on a cutting board, obvious to all of us except Tom, I wished his assistant would say, “Hey, the stuff is right under your nose, dumb-ass.” But she didn’t. She couldn’t. Instead, Katie whispered something to Tom, who repeated, “Can I just get the stuff for the cookies, guys?”
    On how it feels when Tom Cruise asks you to play hide-and-seek:
    As the dinners continued and we spent more time with Tom, I came to think of him as a big kid with his loud laugh, high energy, and goofy ideas of fun. Like when he invited some Scientologists and a few other celebrities like Will Smith’s wife, Jada Pinkett Smith, to his house and announced he wanted to play hide-and-seek. At first I thought he was joking, but no, he literally wanted to play hide-and-seek with a bunch of grown-ups in what was probably close to a 7,000-square-foot house on almost three full acres of secluded land.
    “I can’t play—I’m wearing Jimmy Choos,” I said.
    “Well, good,” Tom said with his signature grin. “So you’re It, then.” And with that he tagged me and ran to hide.
    “Huh?”
    On finding baby Suri Cruise on the bathroom floor during a wedding:
    When I opened the door, I found three women, including Tom’s sister and his assistant, standing over the baby, who was lying on the tile floor. I didn’t know if they were changing her diaper or what, but the three women were looking at her like they thought she was L. Ron Hubbard incarnate. Rather than talking to her in a soothing voice, they kept saying, “Suri! Suri!” in a tone that sounded like they were telling an adult to get her shit together.
    On sitting next to Jennifer Lopez at Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise’s wedding:
    Tom stood there with that everything-is-great look plastered on his face even as the crowd grew uncomfortable. Finally Jennifer leaned over and whispered in my ear, “Do you think Katie’s coming?”
    On what happens when you ask Tommy Davis (a Scientology official) about Shelly Miscavige:
    “You don’t have the rank to be asking about Shelly Miscavige,” he replied, and with that he shut down the conversation.”
    On what happens when Katie Holmes doesn’t like how you acted at her wedding:
    Jasmine, the MAA conducting the interrogation, showed me the Knowledge Report written by Katie Holmes, in which she referred to my behavior during the wedding weekend as “very upsetting,” and accused me of disrupting the party, which she claimed was a “poor example to others.” She went on to say, “[She] made the party all about her,” and concluded the report with reference to the fact that all of this so-called bad behavior “disturbed me greatly.” Jasmine told me I was a bad example for Scientologists and then asked me, “What do you say about this report?”
    “What do I say about this childish report that looks like it was written by a seventh grader with all the exclamation marks?”
    On who you think about when you leave Scientology:
    During this confusing early period, I sometimes felt adrift, but I had one figure I kept front and center in my mind to keep from going crazy: Nicole Kidman.
    That’s right, Tom Cruise’s ex was my guardian angel. Although I never met her or attempted to meet her, I thought about her a lot. While I stared at the dark ceiling at night, unable to sleep, I would say to myself, “Remember Nicole Kidman. She was declared an SP and left the church, and she’s doing okay. Her career is still going, and she has a husband and family… Just remember Nicole Kidman. She left and she’s okay…
    But I think my favorite quote had nothing to do with Scientology at all.

On Jennifer Aniston during their early days of acting:
    Jennifer Aniston and I had become friendly from seeing each other so much at various auditions. She was normal, unlike most other actresses, who, if you tried to make small talk, like asking where they were from, would accuse you of trying to “psych them out.”
    I didn’t expect my main takeaway from a memoir about Scientologyto be how friendly Jennifer Aniston is, but here we are.
    Kittylady and ChemicalHelena like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    So who's buyin' the book, and are you gonna post highlights?
    Here I am! Leah comes out of the gate swinging - admitting her faults like stealing another woman's husband - so the SciBots won't blindside her. Then comes the good stuff.

I have to throw up in my mouth a little thinking I have to pay my taxes while this C-U-L-T is exempt.

Enough for now. Have to lie down & read some more.
    AgentOrange and Sassiness like this.

A*O

And while we're bagging the bogus "church" (AKA tax scam) of Scientology, can I just say how much I despise their cynical and misleading use of this symbol to represent their nasty cult which most people would assume has some kind of Christian connotation. I'm sure they think it legitimises their ridiculous bullshit and I'm equally sure people fall for it. Nothing I've read about this warped cult suggests any belief in a Christian God whatsoever.

I bet even they wouldn't dare use this symbol.

dexter7 likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

OK, have to add...
    SeaOrg is child slave labor. Their schooling is basically LRH stuff with nothing else, so they are unequipped to do anything in the real world. They scrub toilets for celebs and are warehoused in cheap motels six in a room. Arg.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information