Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Like Tree390Likes

Thread: Leah Remini writes Scientology tell-all

I saw the Scientology offices in Amsterdam and London on my trip. Both had no activity going on at all outside.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

If I were Katie, I would wait till Suri was 18 and write a tell-all and piss all over the NDC agreement. The worst that would happen is they'd sue her and she'd get to air all the dirty laundry in court, and Tom's image would take a hit for suing his ex-wife and the mother of his child.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

I'm only a few chapters in and now I know that Survival Insurance is CO$ owned. Not sure if they're everywhere, but if you live in SoCal, you'll see their commercials (or at least they used to show them). Leah worked for them.

Wouldn't it be great if TCOS was somehow without power and virtually dissolved by the time Suri is 18?

A*O

This is the former Co$ HQ in downtown Melbourne (now a Chanel boutique). This is not cheap real estate and I wouldn't be surprised if the Co$bots still own the building.

They've moved to the 'burbs now into a brand new custom built brainwashing lab. Cost $20+million.
    snoopqueen likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

^^^ oh, my.

I live in a small town, near where Travolta lives. We have a relatively big Scientology center (for a small town). Gee, I can't imagine why.

Anyway, Travolta is not even discreet with his exploits here. Worst kept secret ever. On the plus side, he's reported to always be friendly and tips well. I've never seen him, but my son and several of my friends have.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Care to spill about any of his exploits?

And have the sci-bots after me? Nothing too juicy, I'm afraid.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Start a new thread with a fake actor name! Hurry!!!!
    firebrat1229 likes this.

Why the Church of Scientology is buying up big in Australia

Bryan Seymour, 7 News October 22, 2015, 7:35 pm

A world leading expert and critic of Scientology has revealed the secretive organisation’s plans for Australia.
    Tony Ortega, who is currently in Sydney to launch his latest book, said a new $50m Super Centre on the north shore will become the key base for Scientologists in the Southern Hemisphere.
    However, he has claimed it’s just an expensive front for dwindling numbers.
    For 20 years, New York journalist Ortega has been revealing abuses inside Scientology.
    For 20 years Tony Ortega has been revealing what goes on inside Scientology.“They have a lot of money.. It's the combination of millionaires donating money, paying their workers pennies an hour and not having to pay taxes,” he said.
    The church has just purchased a $40m complex in Chatswood and plan to spend millions renovating it to look similar to their Super Powers building in Florida.
    "Australia was always really important to L. Rob Hubbard and he really saw it as being a major place for scientology,” he told 7 News.
    Despite this Ortega believed the group was struggling to draw the crowds it once did.
    “On certain continents Scientology has this thing called ‘the advanced org’ where Scientologists can only take the highest level courses and for some reason they think Australia has enough demand to put one here when that's just not the case,” he said.
    “They took over this $40m facility but they had to submit papers about it about what they're going to do with it and they admitted their daily foot traffic is going to be 30-40 people.
    “What other organisation would spend $40m for a facility that is going to serve so few people? The answer is all this acquisition of buildings is about public relations, trying to convince people they're expanding when they aren't”.

The church has denied it's losing members, calling Ortega ‘a parasite’ and ‘a religious bigot’.
    Independent Senator Nick Xenophon worried about Scientology’s focus on Australia.
    “This has got nothing to do with religious freedom, it's got everything to do with the outrageous behaviour of the Church of Scientology and the way that they have destroyed people's lives,” he said.
    Ortega’s new book details the story of one of the first writers to expose the church, Paulette Cooper.
    “This is probably the worst example of Scientology deciding someone is an enemy and then setting out to destroy their life,” he said.
    “At one point they had got her indicted for a crime she didn't commit, she was facing 15 years in prison she came very close to killing herself, but she managed to survive it all and the FBI got some crucial information on her harassment that became the basis of my book”.

Ortega felt some of the things that happened to Ms Cooper were still going on, even in Australia.
    “I think people in Australia are curious to hear about where scientology is going in this country,” he said.
    “The things they were doing to Paulette 40 years ago they're still doing to people today and in this country.”

Wait, didn't Australia just make a move to kick out Scientology or am I thinking of a different country?

Its been ineffectively banned a few times. Now it seems to be here and recognized as a religion but numbers are dropping.
    Nevan likes this.

Independent senator Nick Xenophon??
    sluce and I'mNotBitter like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

That explains a lot
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread Information