Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 288
Like Tree347Likes

Thread: Leah Remini leaves Scientology after asking about David Miscavige’s wife

  1. #166
    Elite Member faithanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On the Hellmouth
    Posts
    13,343

    Default

    No it was at their travelling roadshow called Psychiatry: Industry of Death which is pretty much walls of TVs shrieking a mess of noise and displays of what look like stills from horror movies mixed with a bunch of nazis and mad scientist types and every blurb says psychiatry is the cause of all evil, every terrible episode in history was due to some psychiatrist or other and the experiments performed in the early days of psychiatry are proof that modern medicine is evil and a conspiracy. I went in intending to keep a low profile and not engage with anyone, but it was so laughable and appalling at the same time I was literally walking around saying what the fuck with my hands over my ears to try and drown out some of the noise. The nazi stuff was the last straw and on my way out there was a bogan guy with a mullet signing in and the Taiwanese lady at the desk tried to get me to sign (yeah like I'm giving you my details) and mullet bogan said "don't give them your email address" and I acted all ignorant and said "who's they?" And he said scientologists and I so I asked desk lady if they were scientologists and she tried to give me the pamphlet with Citizens Commission on Human Rights (which didn't have a single mention of Co$) and in her terrible English she kept saying we not scientologists, we citizen communication human right and Bogan Mullet said "Commission" so I asked again "so you've got nothing to do with Scientology?" And she said "no, citizen communication..." and Bogan and I both chorused "commission!" then I stormed out. The spruiker standing outside (I think it was Communication's son) was all smiley and asked what I thought and I swear I was channelling John Sweeney I was yelling "that was the most hilariously ridiculous and outrageously offensive thing I've ever seen" then we played a little more of that cat and mouse "we are CCHR" "but are you Scientology?" game until I finally got him to admit he was a scientologist. What a coincidence! I wished him luck because the poor fucker is gonna need it.

    sorry bout the wall o text, I'm getting fired up typing this, too angry for punctuation sorry.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."



  2. #167
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dksnj View Post
    That was the quickest resolution to a missing person's case I've ever heard of.
    Yep. Which is why it fucking stinks to high heaven.

    Oh Leah.....


  3. #168
    Elite Member dksnj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Posts
    2,728

    Default

    I know this is out there, but I wouldn't put it past this cult to have one of their members have plastic surgery to look like Shelley and pass her off as her
    Kittylady likes this.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

  4. #169
    Elite Member InigoMontoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Scaling the Cliffs of Insanity
    Posts
    2,067

    Default

    ^put that tinfoil hat on and come sit right here by me.
    JazzyGirl, dksnj, Sarzy and 3 others like this.

  5. #170
    Elite Member MmeVertigina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Your inner ear
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    No it was at their travelling roadshow called Psychiatry: Industry of Death which is pretty much walls of TVs shrieking a mess of noise and displays of what look like stills from horror movies mixed with a bunch of nazis and mad scientist types and every blurb says psychiatry is the cause of all evil, every terrible episode in history was due to some psychiatrist or other and the experiments performed in the early days of psychiatry are proof that modern medicine is evil and a conspiracy. I went in intending to keep a low profile and not engage with anyone, but it was so laughable and appalling at the same time I was literally walking around saying what the fuck with my hands over my ears to try and drown out some of the noise. The nazi stuff was the last straw and on my way out there was a bogan guy with a mullet signing in and the Taiwanese lady at the desk tried to get me to sign (yeah like I'm giving you my details) and mullet bogan said "don't give them your email address" and I acted all ignorant and said "who's they?" And he said scientologists and I so I asked desk lady if they were scientologists and she tried to give me the pamphlet with Citizens Commission on Human Rights (which didn't have a single mention of Co$) and in her terrible English she kept saying we not scientologists, we citizen communication human right and Bogan Mullet said "Commission" so I asked again "so you've got nothing to do with Scientology?" And she said "no, citizen communication..." and Bogan and I both chorused "commission!" then I stormed out. The spruiker standing outside (I think it was Communication's son) was all smiley and asked what I thought and I swear I was channelling John Sweeney I was yelling "that was the most hilariously ridiculous and outrageously offensive thing I've ever seen" then we played a little more of that cat and mouse "we are CCHR" "but are you Scientology?" game until I finally got him to admit he was a scientologist. What a coincidence! I wished him luck because the poor fucker is gonna need it.

    sorry bout the wall o text, I'm getting fired up typing this, too angry for punctuation sorry.
    Wow! I will keep an eye out for that group.

  6. #171
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,981

    Default

    ummmm dead yet?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

  7. #172
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,981

    Default

    JOHN Travolta is being kept on a tight leash following Leah Remini‘s defection from Scientology.Church officials are apparently worried the Hollywood actor might jump ship too.
    At the 87th birthday celebration for Tony Bennett in L.A., witnesses say John and his daughter, Ella Bleu, 13, were being followed by a Scientology minder named Angie.
    “She spent most of the night aggressively staring at anyone Johny talked to,” a source said.
    “It was very uncomfortable, but John acted like it was normal.
    “They badly need John to talk up Scientology to drown out the fiasco with Leah.”


    John Travolta Being Watched by Scientology

    just don't want us to forget about Leah....
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

  8. #173
    Elite Member rollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    47,081

    Default

    'There's a celebrity strategy': Scientology defector reveals Bono and Brad Pitt were once actively recruited by the church


    • The niece of church leader David Miscavige claims the Irish rocker was a specific targeted by her uncle
    • She also says her childhood crush Pitt went through the church's detox program while he dated Scientologist Juliette Lewis
    • The Church of Scientology has officially denied the former member was
      'ever privy to any priorities or strategies'


    By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
    PUBLISHED: 21:51, 21 August 2013 | UPDATED: 23:22, 21 August 2013
    52 shares

    The church defector, who released a tell-all book on her escape from Scientology in February, also claims Brad Pitt was courted by the church in the 90s and went through its drug detoxification program while dating actress and well-known Scientology member Juliette Lewis.

    ‘I know he was receiving Scientology auditing and was at one of the Celebrity Centre Galas,’ Hill told Radar Online in an exclusive interview posted Wednesday.

    So why would Bono, a man known for his kindness and constant concern for humanity be in need of the church’s self-improvement techniques?

    Scientologist? The niece of Scientology leader David Miscavige says rocker Bono was once actively courted by the Church of Scientology's leaders


    ‘Scientology markets itself to everyone,’ Hill said in an exclusive interview with Radaronline. ‘It can deal with everything from marital problems to public speaking. He’s a human, so he still needs those things.’

    As the daughter of Miscavige’s brother Ron, Hill spent her childhood in the church and detailed her time on the inside and with its ultra-secret Sea Org in a much ballyhooed recounting titled Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape.

    She escaped to tell her tale only after 21 years, and Bono’s alleged courting by the mysterious organization comes as big a surprise as any she’s released.

    Defector: Jenna Miscavige Hill is the niece of Scientology leader David Miscavige. She wrote a tell-all on the religion released in February and is now naming celebrities who've dabbled in the religion


    Surprise! Jenna Miscavige Hill claims Brad Pitt went through Scientology's detox program called Purification Rundown while he dated actress Juliette Lewis in the 1990s


    HQ: The Scientology church's Los Angeles celebrity center. Hill says she first learned of Brad Pitt's involvement with the church as a young girl. She says the church actively recruits celebrities

    ‘If you’re egocentric, not always confident or insecure because of being in public eye and want to be charitable, Scientology pushes your buttons,’ explains Hill, ‘That’s why someone like Bono would fit the bill perfectly.’

    According to Hill, it’s the celebrity that entices church officials like her uncle.

    More woes: The church has seen a number of troubles recently. Last month, Leah Remini defected from the church and stirred trouble with a quickly dismissed missing persons report about Miscavige's wife

    ‘There’s a celebrity strategy and they’re targeted for their influence, not their money,’ she says, ‘They know people are obsessed with celebrities so will get more interested in Scientology.’

    Another celebrity she claims was sought out by the church: Brad Pitt.

    More...




    Pitt’s name has come up in reference to Scientology before thanks to his relationship with actress Juliette Lewis, who remains a Scientologist to this day.

    Hill says Pitt was involved with the church’s drug detoxification program called Purification Rundown to help him stop using drugs he’s publicly blamed battles with depression, according to Radaronline.

    Lewis, too, says she has the church to thank for helping her kick a drug habit.

    Hill’s new revelations concerning the church of her upbringing are just a drop in the bucket of Scientology’s recent woes.

    Just this past Friday, MailOnline exclusively revealed photos of the Church of Scientology's 'alien space cathedral' built in a remote part of the New Mexico desert.

    The mysterious building leads to an underground vault which sits next to two giant symbols carved into the ground - believed to be markers for the religion's followers to find their way back from the ends of the universe after humanity is destroyed in the future.

    While no one knows the definite meaning of the pair of overlapping circles, each with a diamond in them, it is believed to have been trademarked by the Church of Technology, a branch of Scientology.

    It is believed that they are a ‘return point’ so members of the church know where they can find the works of founder L. Ron Hubbard when they come back from space after a nuclear catastrophe wipes out the human race.

    Imprisoned? Mail Online exclusively revealed photos of a secret New Mexico base where Jenna Hill claims her aunt, David Miscavige's long missing wife, is being held




    Beacon? The home is allegedly part of a compound that acts as a secret base and homing beacon for space craft and for the church's followers to follow back to earth after a nuclear holocaust scatters them far into the universe



    And last month, actress Leah Remini made headlines by fleeing the church. She subsequently piqued public interest in the church again by filing a missing persons report on Miscavige’s wife Shelly, who hasn’t been seen publicly in years.

    Remini has reportedly been offered ‘millions of dollars’ for a tell-all book on her many years with the church.

    The Church of Scientology did not immediately return emails or calls for comment on Hill’s accusations.

    However, a church spokesperson told Radar Online:

    ‘At no time was Mrs. Hill ever privy to any ‘priorities’ or ‘strategies.’ As a result, she is in no position to comment and any claims to the contrary must be viewed with skepticism. Our priorities are and always have been the establishment and expansion of the Scientology religion.’


    Read more: Scientology 'celebrity strategy': U2's Bono was actively recruited and Brad Pitt nearly joined church | Mail Online


  9. #174
    Elite Member Sylkyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Indahood, AL
    Posts
    10,340

    Default

    Uh, why was her missing person's report "quickly dismissed"? Did Miscavige's wife come up to the police department in person and say, Hey, this is me right here? Somehow I doubt that.

  10. #175
    Elite Member Kittylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'
    Posts
    20,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylkyn View Post
    Uh, why was her missing person's report "quickly dismissed"? Did Miscavige's wife come up to the police department in person and say, Hey, this is me right here? Somehow I doubt that.
    Every missing persons report relating to Shelly is "quickly dismissed". I'm sure the cult's habit of courting high level police officials or employing off-duty police officers as security has absolutely nothing to do with it though...
    Sylkyn likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

    How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona


  11. #176
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    30,360

    Default

    I wonder if CO$ creepiness was a factor in the Brad and Juliette Lewis break up? I thought they were a great couple.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  12. #177
    Elite Member aabbcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Watching the sun set over Lake Superior.
    Posts
    18,884

    Default

    I love Juliette Lewis! I was so disappointed when I found out she was a $cientologist. Same with Giovanni Ribisi.

    I'm happy Leah Remini grew a brain and got out.
    Sylkyn and Lalasnake like this.

  13. #178
    Elite Member badgers!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    blissful chaos
    Posts
    1,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    I love Juliette Lewis! I was so disappointed when I found out she was a $cientologist. Same with Giovanni Ribisi.

    I'm happy Leah Remini grew a brain and got out.
    Same here. Every time I find out a celeb is a scientologist I'm disappointed. It discredits anything of value they might say.
    Butterfly, sparkles and Sylkyn like this.

  14. #179
    Elite Member SHELLEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    23,406

    Default

    ^Same with me.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

  15. #180
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badgers! View Post
    Same here. Every time I find out a celeb is a scientologist I'm disappointed. It discredits anything of value they might say.

    Yup. As nice as I have heard that Will Smith is, the fact that he is a scientologist makes me so much less of him.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What has Leah Remini done to herself?
    By itsy in forum Just Plain Scary
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: July 16th, 2011, 02:39 AM
  2. Leah Remini
    By mrs.v in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: July 26th, 2009, 10:41 PM
  3. Jennifer Lopez and Leah Remini
    By mrs.v in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: March 15th, 2009, 11:21 PM
  4. Jennifer Lopez and Leah Remini
    By mrs.v in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: February 20th, 2009, 10:05 AM
  5. Leah Remini's crazy Scientology email?
    By mrs.v in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: February 19th, 2008, 09:32 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •