Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Laura Linney becomes first time mom at 49

Hit By Ban Bus!

Wanna know a secret?...Of course you do, so I'm going to tell it.

Apparently, MrBoogs and I, shouldn't have procreated, because our genes don't mix well. We have two wonky kids, because of our wonky DNA. My recessive shit, is a perfect match to his recessive shit..hence wonky kids.

We just tell people, when they ask "are you trying for a girl", that my eggs are deviled, and his sperm chase their own tails.

czb

^^^ are you hitting the hooch again? who doesn't have wonky kids?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    One has genetic hearing loss, and the other had a congenital brain/spinal cord defect, which is possibly hereditary. My kids are wonkier than yours...nanner nanner....lol jk

ETA: Yes I am hitting the hooch again. Two funerals in three days, it's deserved dammit...lol

I like it when Boogs hits the hooch. That's 2 too many funerals dear.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    ETA: Yes I am hitting the hooch again. Two funerals in three days, it's deserved dammit...lol
    two funerals? sorry to hear that. as for wonkiness, not a contest .....

My child is not wonky. But, her mother is a different story...
    gas_chick and Bombshell like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Hit By Ban Bus!

two funerals? sorry to hear that. as for wonkiness, not a contest .....
    Yeah, my step-aunt died, and my other step-aunt's mom died. Seeing as how my bio family is teensy, I adopted my step family, to be my "family".

Due to PMS (Its REAL dammit), I had some existential crisis, and shit. I was sitting in the family room after the funeral, thinking "you lucky fucks", because they had most of their family still alive. That nastiness was brought on due to the fact, that no one seemed to bother to tell me shit. I missed..4 high school graduations, 3 weddings, 2 births, 3 college graduations..which no one seemed (ie my mom and stepdad), to bother to tell me about.

I'm sorry, Boogs. Normally I like it when you drink and post, but not when it's brought on by something like that.

Adding some more hugs for you, Boogs sorry to hear about your family members passing. Your wonky comments made me chuckle with a heavy heart, but really what ever would we do without some wonkiness in our families? I have found we learn to redefine "normal" and "functional" and gain a lot of wisdom along the way. Not to make light of anything you said at all, but I like how you said it.
    Flygirl likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Truth be told, idgaf my kids are wonky, I just like saying that Mrboogs spermies, like to chase their own tails....lol.

fgg

Laura Linney on having a child at 49: It’s unlikely I’ll be alive when he’s 50

Laura Linney is one of my favorite actresses to cover, probably because I’ve seen her on stage and she blew me away (The Crucible with Liam Neeson in 2002). I also loved her work on The Big C and of course Love Actually. Plus she seems so down to earth and she keeps herself scarce. Don’t get me wrong I’d like to hear more from her, it’s just that when we do it’s a rare treat. So she has a lengthy interview with The Guardian to promote her new show with Jason Bateman on Netflix called Ozark. It’s about a couple on the run from a Mexican drug cartel who settle in Missouri. So far it has mixed reviews on Metacritic, but I’ll give it a chance as I find that Metacritic has harsher review scores than Rotten Tomatoes for some reason. Anyway Linney got candid with The Guardian, particularly about becoming a mom later in life. She had a baby boy, Bennett, at the age of 49, having kept her pregnancy private until the baby arrived. That was about three and a half years ago and it sounds like she loves being a mom. Linney told The Guardian that she really doesn’t have any regrets but that she does worry about dying when her son is much younger than most people are when they lose their parents. It sounds bittersweet the way she tells it.

On having a child later in life
    “I’m certainly not an advocate for having children later, but for me, it’s been wonderful and I’m deeply grateful. People would say to me, ‘Your life’s going to change.’ Good!” She laughs. “I want my life to change…”

In fact, she says, there is only one downside to having a child this late, “and that is the bittersweet reality of chronology. I hope to prepare him in a way that whenever … I mean, anybody could die at any moment, but you know, my being alive when he’s 50 is unlikely. Even 40 is unlikely. But other than that, there’s no downside. None. I can remember being awake at 4.30am with him when he was an infant and loving it. When you don’t think it’s going to happen for you and somehow it does, there is a spiritual aspect that’s undeniable. You don’t take it for granted.”

On her requirements for taking a job:
    “People who are like-minded and have a similar taste, and a similar definition of what’s good. Because what’s good to someone is terrible to someone else and if you’re working with people who don’t want what you have to offer, that is demoralising and a very lonely feeling. You just want to crawl into a hole.”

On the uncertainty of acting
    “You’re a human being, so you’re going to be nervous, and you’re going to doubt, and fret. The way I deal with that is I just go to work. The way you get rid of the anxiety is to demystify it, and get involved, and realise that it’s not about you.”

“It depends on why you do what you do,” says Linney. “If you want to be a business or a brand, if you are playing parts based on [the demands of] your career, rather than on what’s interesting, then it is all about you.” And, of course, she says, “a lot of it is out of your control. But you try to learn something, you try to have a good time, you try to contribute. And then you do the best you can.”

[From The Guardian]

I like how she explained doing what you can and letting go of what you can’t. I struggle with that and she explained it in such a clear and matter-of-fact way. As for being a mom, the article explained that she takes four out of seven days off to be with Bennett and that her husband, Bennett’s dad Marc Schauer, and her mom take care of him while she’s away. I’m 44 and can’t imagine having another child at this age, it’s so hard to raise a child but it’s also so rewarding. I do think about it and sometimes look wistfully at babies and try to remember what it’s like, but I also remember all the hard work, worrying and sleepless nights. I could also relate to her requirements to work with like-minded people. I can attest that when you have the same values and basic principles as your coworkers that it goes a lot easier since you’re all starting from the same page.

Cele|bitchy | Laura Linney on having a child at 49: It?s unlikely I?ll be alive when he?s 50

i love her!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

My bff's mom (& My 2nd mom) died when My bff was 21, My ex's dad died when he was 21, My new bff's mom died when he was 21.....
    None of them saw their parent after 21 - she'll be C60 them, so shes doing better than them did.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information