Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Laura Linney becomes first time mom at 49

Good for her! I've always had a soft spot for her. She's a terrific actress.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

Elite Member

Wow, congrats to them.
    Every bone in my body just protested the very idea of having to chase a toddler at my age, and we are about the same age.
    Last edited by mostroop; January 18th, 2014 at 03:05 PM. Reason: stupid phone

Silver Member

Great for her. I have always found her to be such a strong, intelligent actress. I once read an interview with her and she talked about finding love again late in life when she began to think it wasn't in the cards for her, and she discussed her early life and her life starting out as an actress. I didn't know that much about her and it was very interesting. I had no idea Liam Neeson walked her down the aisle shortly after his own wife died. It was refreshing to read an article that was about her craft and life and not a fluff piece that these actresses do nowadays in interviews.

Here's the interview if anybody is interested.

Laura Linney in Love | MORE Magazine
    sluce and Mrs P like this.

I LOVED The C Word. Great show. Is it even still on? I think I missed the last season. Will have to see if I have it on my Apple TV somewhere.

Good for her! I hope she's over the moon happy.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by LameAnn View Post
    Great for her. I have always found her to be such a strong, intelligent actress. I once read an interview with her and she talked about finding love again late in life when she began to think it wasn't in the cards for her, and she discussed her early life and her life starting out as an actress. I didn't know that much about her and it was very interesting. I had no idea Liam Neeson walked her down the aisle shortly after his own wife died. It was refreshing to read an article that was about her craft and life and not a fluff piece that these actresses do nowadays in interviews.

Here's the interview if anybody is interested.

Laura Linney in Love | MORE Magazine
    that's because she has always been a classy celeb who isn't a famewhore. She exudes dignity. Congrats to her!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Bombshell View Post
    I LOVED The C Word. Great show. Is it even still on? I think I missed the last season. Will have to see if I have it on my Apple TV somewhere.

Good for her! I hope she's over the moon happy.
    No, it ended last year. They only did four, one hour long episodes, to end the series.

Elite Member

I didn't know she was 49. Good for her! I've always liked her. Great actress and she seems like a nice woman as well -- very down to earth.

How lovely for her.

And how nice that this thread isn't full of the 'she shouldn't be a mom at her age cause she's old and could die at any moment' stuff.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by mostroop View Post
    Every bone in my body just protested the very idea of having to chase a toddler at my age, and we are about the same age.
    I'm 48 and so happy my kids are adults and that part of my life is over. I have zero interest in anything related to babies, little children, pregnancy, etc., but I've done it all before, so I guess that's the difference. I recently found out my daughter is going to have a baby later this year. I was like "Well, keep it at your place. If I want to see it, I'll go over there." And she said, "So I guess that means we'll never see you." LOL My children know me well. I'm just not a kid person. Never have been.

Congrats anyway, I think having a grandbaby would be fun.
    aabbcc likes this.

Congrats aabbcc. I love being a step grandmother and only having them around when I want them around.
    aabbcc likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Good for her, if that's what she wanted. But I would have left skidmarks on the way to get some RU 486.
    Bombshell, sluce and HWBL like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by badgers! View Post
    Good for them!

You know, i used to be in the "those selfish assholes" camp because they're "too old". A few posters here had parents who are the products of parents that were too old. Then I realized that I was the asshole. So see, sometimes you can change some anonymous internet jerk's mind.
    I was sort of the same way, until I ended up pregnant at 40. I still sometimes wonder if women that get pregnant past 40 know what they're in for

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Good for them. My kids wear me out at 40. Not sure I'd survive a newborn at 50.
    I'm the same way and I only have one at 44. I wanted another, but I think they would kill me
    Last edited by KrisNine; January 19th, 2014 at 02:30 PM. Reason: crap spelling and grammar
    rollo and HWBL like this.

Kris, go for it if you do - or you know (after talking to SO) just "see if anything happens"
    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    How lovely for her.

And how nice that this thread isn't full of the 'she shouldn't be a mom at her age cause she's old and could die at any moment' stuff.
    We're still only on page 2.

I'll bite. Nobody cares about the baby having a granny for a mother!

Rich people can do what they want because they don't have to do all the donkey work and they have lots of money to make the boring stuff go away!

Carry on.
    Belt Up, Sarzy and HWBL like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information