Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Larry King, Veteran TV and Radio Host, Dead at 87

There was a pretty funny clip on Reddit yesterday, where Larry was interviewing some guy who is an actor/voice over artist and he keeps probing the guy for a "luxury he can't live without". The guy comes up with a couple of small things, and it doesn't seem to be what Larry is looking for in an answer, so Larry goes "a private plane?". And the guy stares at him and goes, "Larry, I'm on DUCKTALES....."

LOL, he played Abed on Community. He's hilarious!
    MohandasKGanja and Sassiness like this.

larry was such a character and one of the last of that generation of old school journalists/reporters.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    There was a pretty funny clip on Reddit yesterday, where Larry was interviewing some guy who is an actor/voice over artist and he keeps probing the guy for a "luxury he can't live without". The guy comes up with a couple of small things, and it doesn't seem to be what Larry is looking for in an answer, so Larry goes "a private plane?". And the guy stares at him and goes, "Larry, I'm on DUCKTALES....."

i've seen that clip and it's amazing lol
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I thought that he was much older than 87.
    I thought he was already dead.

^^ That's okay.

From Jane Fonda. Jane is a good looking woman at every age. Seems she liked being married to, um, challenging men.

I got to know Larry because I was married to Ted. We spent many fun hours with Larry. I especially liked it when he’d visit us on one of Ted’s ranches and be a totally out of his comfort zone, 100% the city slicker. Didn’t know the first thing about navigating mud or riding a horse. I had to practically carry him across a shallow creek once. And every time Larry visited, all the critters would come out, like they’d been waiting to freak him out.
    Once a bald eagle carrying a large jack rabbit flew so low over Larry’s head he could see the whites of the terrified rabbit’s eyes.
    Once a black bear came around the corner not far from where Larry was standing. It took awhile for Ted to calm Larry down after that but he also loved these encounters because they were great storytelling material when he got back to his city life.
    On his last visit he agreed to get on a horse but only if Ted walked alongside him, leading the horse. He had us take loads of pictures cause he needed proof he’d actually done it.
    One of my favorite memories was the time Ted was driving us to a spot where we were going to have a picnic. But Ted, as was his wont, got lost. (It was a 300,000 acre ranch so getting lost wasn’t hard..) You know how, when you get really hungry all you want to talk about is food? Well, it was almost two hours that we’d been driving around looking for the spot where staff had set up the picnic under a giant cottonwood tree and we starting talking about what each of us would want for our last supper.
    Larry’s choice for his final meal was crisp calves liver, bacon and sautéed onions with mashed potatoes. I found it an odd choice and it was certainly forbidden food for Larry who’d suffered several heart attacks. Maybe that’s why he chose it.
    I will miss Larry King. RIP dear friend.

https://www.janefonda.com/2021/01/larry-king/

^^ That's okay.

From Jane Fonda. Jane is a good looking woman at every age. Seems she liked being married to, um, challenging men.

I got to know Larry because I was married to Ted. We spent many fun hours with Larry. I especially liked it when he’d visit us on one of Ted’s ranches and be a totally out of his comfort zone, 100% the city slicker. Didn’t know the first thing about navigating mud or riding a horse. I had to practically carry him across a shallow creek once. And every time Larry visited, all the critters would come out, like they’d been waiting to freak him out.

Once a bald eagle carrying a large jack rabbit flew so low over Larry’s head he could see the whites of the terrified rabbit’s eyes.

Once a black bear came around the corner not far from where Larry was standing. It took awhile for Ted to calm Larry down after that but he also loved these encounters because they were great storytelling material when he got back to his city life.

On his last visit he agreed to get on a horse but only if Ted walked alongside him, leading the horse. He had us take loads of pictures cause he needed proof he’d actually done it.

One of my favorite memories was the time Ted was driving us to a spot where we were going to have a picnic. But Ted, as was his wont, got lost. (It was a 300,000 acre ranch so getting lost wasn’t hard..) You know how, when you get really hungry all you want to talk about is food? Well, it was almost two hours that we’d been driving around looking for the spot where staff had set up the picnic under a giant cottonwood tree and we starting talking about what each of us would want for our last supper.

Larry’s choice for his final meal was crisp calves liver, bacon and sautéed onions with mashed potatoes. I found it an odd choice and it was certainly forbidden food for Larry who’d suffered several heart attacks. Maybe that’s why he chose it.
    I will miss Larry King. RIP dear friend.

https://www.janefonda.com/2021/01/larry-king/

Aww. That's really sweet. I just have this mental image of Larry as just being so physically fragile I get second hand anxiety picturing him on a horse lol.

And man, it's staggering to hear "one of Ted's ranches" and "it was a 300,000 acre ranch so getting lost wasn't hard". It's just one of those 1%er things that puts it in perspective for you.
    czb, HWBL, weathered1 and 1 others like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

fgg

Larry King left $2M fortune to his kids in handwritten will: report

Larry King left behind an estate worth roughly $2 million to his children — having penned a handwritten will before two of his kids tragically died, according to a report.

The legendary broadcaster wrote his will specifying that all of his money should be “divided equally among my children Andy, Chaia, Larry Jr, Chance & Cannon,” TMZ reported.

The CNN star penned the will on Oct. 17, 2019 before Chaia, 51, and Andy, 65, passed away within a month of each other last year, the outlet reported.

That was also two months after he filed for divorce from his seventh wife, Shawn King, who was not mentioned in the document.

Son Larry King Jr. is seeking for the court to appoint him as the administrator of his dad’s estate, given that the 87-year-old talk show host was still in the middle of the divorce when he died last month, according to the report.

The probate court papers estimated King to be worth $2 million, but that amount wouldn’t include any money that he may have put into trusts, the site noted.

https://pagesix.com/2021/02/11/larry...dwritten-will/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

That's shockingly little money for such a long career, but then he was married a gazillion times and had quite a few kids.
    Kittylady and OrangeSlice like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

fgg

^he may have it all in trusts.
    czb likes this.

fgg

Larry King’s widow, Shawn King, files papers contesting his will

On Monday Page Six reported that Larry King’s widow, Shawn King, planned to file court papers contesting his secret will. On Tuesday, her lawyers filed the documents in an L.A. court.

Larry, who died last month at 87, had filed for divorce from Shawn in 2019, and last week a “secret” handwritten will surfaced — which didn’t mention Shawn and left his $2 million estate to his kids.

But Shawn, 61, claims in the new papers that Larry’s ill health left him susceptible to “outside influence” and that he might not have even been aware he was signing the new will — plus, she says that when he died, he wasn’t even planning on going through with the divorce.

“Larry was highly susceptible to outside influences and at the time he purportedly executed the [new version of his will] was of questionable mental capacity, having recently suffered a stroke and about to undergo a medical procedure (and possibly already under the influence of pre-operative medication),” the papers read, according to the Blast.

She’s asking that a 2015 will — which she told Page Six had been made by Shawn and Larry “as a couple” with the help of a lawyer — be recognized as the true will and that she be named the executor of the estate, per that document.

He wrote the new version of the will about two months after he filed for divorce, but Shawn suggested in the court papers the estranged couple were on the verge of reconciling when he died.

“At the time of Larry’s death there was a divorce proceeding that had been pending for quite some time,” the papers say. “Larry was not pushing the divorce and was generally nonresponsive and refused to participate in the divorce proceeding. He gave no indication that he actually wanted to pursue a divorce.”

According to the Blast, Shawn claims the new will “violates the terms of two different post-nuptial agreements between herself and Larry.”

The docs also take aim at Larry’s middle son, Larry King Jr.

The Blast reports that Shawn is “accusing Larry of having a ‘secret account’ that he would make gifts to individuals using community property that she is entitled to, and that she claims to have receipts for over $266,000 sent to Larry King Jr. between 2013-2018.”

The site says she wants back 50 percent of everything he gave to Larry Jr. from the couple’s community property.

Larry Jr. has also asked to be named the executor of the estate, but Shawn’s filings say, “Larry indicated that he did not even know of [Larry Jr.’s] existence,” until the son was in his 30s. They add that Larry Jr. has “never been involved in Larry’s career or business, and it would be highly inappropriate to place him in a position of representing Larry’s estate.”

In the secret will, Larry said he wanted his estate to go to his five children, Andy, Chaia, Larry Jr. and Chance and Cannon, his two sons from his marriage to Shawn. Andy and Chaia tragically died within weeks of each other in 2020.

https://pagesix.com/2021/02/16/larry...ting-his-will/

I'm surprised he's only worth 2 million.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

He had a son named Larry Jr. who he didn't know about for 30+ years?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Somebody needs to create a thread for Rush Limbaugh!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information