Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: Lance Armstrong wants forgiveness for doping scandal: ‘I won those races’

Mmmm, or get the prize money and the adulation and sponsorship?
    snoopqueen likes this.

czb

^^^ yup.

there is no way that the cyclists could race like that day in and day out on a rigourous competition like the TdF. if they didn't dope, people wouldn't watch, there would be no advertising and no sponsors. no win sitch ....

eta: @gas_chick
    gas_chick likes this.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

I'm sort of a Lance apologist I guess. I'm big into cycling and no matter what, he's one of the best to ever race. They couldn't award those 7 TDF Jerseys to someone else because something like the top ten finishers behind him were all charged with doping as well.

The way I see it, Lance trained harder and cheated better than everyone else. He's an arrogant prick and hardly likable..but so are many other elite athletes.

And this is not an apples to apples comparison at all..but it's sad that he's banned from his sport but that dick dog killer Michael Vick is allowed back on the football field.
    Last edited by laynes; July 8th, 2014 at 03:24 PM.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    It's what they have to do in order to perform the way the public wants. It's not like it is new.
    I know it's not new. I find it a sad commentary on our society that our expectation is that athletes need to dope to perform in a certain way. To me, it's just another facet of the "anything to get ahead" and "me first" attitude that so many people have. People think it's ok to cheat and lie because "everyone does it." It truly saddens me that this is where we are.

In sports, it seems, that is where we have always been. Look back to the Chicago Black Soxs scandal in 1919. Like I said really not new.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

Wow, he's clueless. Yeah, they were and are all doped, but those who get caught, get punished. You can't punish those, who don't get caught, but you have to punish those who do. So pull up your big boy pants and move on with your life.
    Palermo, rollo and snoopqueen like this.

I think he's a dickhole.
    Palermo and Kittylady like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw View Post
    Good Lord, who took this picture? He looks like hell and from the angle it looks like his legs are bigger than his head.
    I'mNotBitter and nana51 like this.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    Wow, he's clueless. Yeah, they were and are all doped, but those who get caught, get punished. You can't punish those, who don't get caught, but you have to punish those who do. So pull up your big boy pants and move on with your life.
    How many cyclists have been banned for life though? Very few compared to the amount that have been caught. The TDF is going on now and Alberto Contador who's a convicted doper and has had 3 TDF championships stripped is racing and a favorite to win. If they got 2 and 3 year bans, why does Lance have a life sentence?

Lance had/has a chip on his shoulder because he was the most tested cyclist, probably athlete, ever. It was almost a witch hunt.

Hit By Ban Bus!

He strikes me as a massive narcissist. Or just a massive asshole. A huge gaping asshole...
    Palermo, HWBL, A*O and 5 others like this.

I don't give a rat's ass if EVERYBODY is doing something, that doesn't make it ok for you to do it. This guy is a lying liar who cheats. Screw him and the bike he rode in on.
    HWBL, rollo, tulip and 9 others like this.

It's kinda worse because he denied it to the bitter end and took out lolsuits etc.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Just let them all dope.

A*O

I guess this is the inevitable result of the insane amount of money being poured into professional sport these days. Win at all costs, literally. Cycling is a notoriously "dirty" sport and so many people aid and abet the doping if only by keeping quiet about it. Armstrong is still playing the victim/cancer survivor. Let him suffer.
    snoopqueen likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

No one around Austin respected him over the years in terms of his personal wife, how he cheated on his women and treated them in general, including his wife, Kristin. That will leave a legacy for him for his children more than this doping experience. He is an ASS, has always been one, and in the end, his disgusting selfishness is what did him in and will continue to do so unless he is ever humbled. I agree that his narcissism will probably prevent any true humility from surfacing....just this crybaby shit about wanting to compete. If he was humble, he'd continue charity work, host events for those in need, etc....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information