Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Like Tree279Likes

Thread: LANA WOOD: Natalie Wood's death and Robert Wagner's silence

How random is it that Christopher Walken was there? I love that crazy fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Davern told NBC TV's "Today" show on Friday that he made mistakes by not telling the truth about events leading to her death, and urged Los Angeles County sheriff's homicide investigators to reopen the case.
    Well then I feel he should be prosecuted for obstruction.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I've always thought there was more to the story too, but not necessarily a homicide, more like drunken negligence across the board.

I don't doubt Wagner tried to cover his own ass, and protect his late wife's reputation as well. That doesn't make him criminally responsible for her death.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Anyone know if there are any abuse stories about him and her?
    Goooood question! I would love to know this as well...

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    How random is it that Christopher Walken was there? I love that crazy fuck.
    ^This^ So random, I always wondered the story with that. And I love this crazy fuck too!

Doesn't everybody?
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I'm skeptical of anyone who has new recollections after 30 years, writing a book, commissioning their own polygraph to support their effort, and petitioning for the reopening of a criminal case. Very odd. And how fair is it to make someone defend against accusations being raised for the first time 30 years after the fact?

THIS. This is my main issue. If there was so much evidence, why wasn't this case re-opened sooner? Other then DNA, you're not going to convince me that the evidence has changed damatically in 30 years time, other than people's stories, which I would find suspect.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

What this investigation needs is:

You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

Was suprised to learn that Christopher Walken was married to Georgianne, who also had a role in Brainstorm, the movie Natalie and Chris were working on when Natalie died.
    Apparently Chris and Georgianna have been married since 1969. She apparently is a very successful Casting Director and won an Emmy for casting The Sopranos and her most famous recent movie would probably be The Black Knight - Health Ledgers second last movie.

Makes you wonder what she thought about Chris partying with the Wagners that fateful night. And what she thought of the rumours of their supposed affair.

It might also explain why Chris hasn't spoken publicly about this.
    They both have very successful Hollywood careers and sure don't need to talk for the publicity or money.

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

Haha. Gotta have more cowbell!

Quote Originally Posted by Tater Tot View Post
    Yeah, the captain's interview did not help his credibility. But i still believe that there's more to the story.

I just don't buy that Natalie would try to fix the dinghy if she was that afraid of the water. It just doesn't make sense.

Even if Robert did accidentally kill her and put her in the dinghy, without an eyewitness to that happening, i don't know what this investigation can really do. I'm assuming Robert is not going to offer up anything new.

I don't know. If you go with the scenario that everyone is passed out and the dinghy is banging right next to where she slept, I can see it. It woke her up. She was pissed off at RJ and probably not speaking to him, so she thought she could do it herself. She went to untie it and slipped. I guess we'll never know what really happened.

I'm a big Christopher Walken fan too, and my morbid ass can't wait for the response he has when the press starts tracking him down to get his statement on this whole re-opening of the case situation. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that one!

ETA: my mother was a big Robert Wagner fan. She loved him in Hart to Hart and never missed that show, but after Natalie Wood's death, even she thought that Wagner was somehow responsible for her drowning.
    "I'm not allowed within 200 feet of a school. Or a Chuck-E-Cheese..." Alan - The Hangover

Any news on what was said, or went down, at the press conference today?

Default Robert Wagner Not a Suspect in Natalie Wood’s Death

hile homicide investigators re-examine the circumstances of Natalie Wood’s 1981 death, they plan to reach out to her then-husband, actor Robert Wagner.

But when asked at a news conference today whether Wagner is a suspect, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Lt. John Corina said, “No.”

Corina told reporters that “several sources have come forward with additional information” regarding the Hollywood actress’ death “and we have found it to be credible,” which led his team to re-open the 30-year-old case.

He said that Wood’s official cause of death remains accidental drowning. ”Her death was ruled as accidental drowning and that’s what it is, until we find something that says it isn’t,” Corina said.

Cornia declined to reveal who came forward with information. This morning, Dennis Davern, the captain of the yacht on which Wood sailed the night she died, said that he believes that Wagner is to blame for her death.

“Yes I would say so,” boat captain Dennis Davern told NBC’s “Today” when asked if Wagner was responsible. He admitted that he may have been at fault as well, saying, “We didn’t take any steps to see if we could locate her. It was a matter of don’t look too hard, don’t turn on search light, don’t call anyone.”

Davern also said that he lied to officials in the initial police report. Corina declined to comment on whether Davern could face charges if that’s true.

Davern co-authored the 2009 book “Goodbye Natalie, Goodbye Splendour,” about the circumstances surrounding the actress’ death. He and Lana Wood, Natalie Wood’s sister, asked authorities to reopen the case last year.

Wood was boating with Wagner and the actor Christopher Walken off Catalina Island, Calif., on the night she died, Nov. 29, 1981. She was 43.

Wood’s body was found floating in the water about a mile away from the yacht. According to police reports, she was found wearing a long nightgown, socks, and a down jacket. She had dozens of bruises on her body, according to the autopsy report, including injuries to her face and arms.

Wood appeared in more than 56 films, including “West Side Story.” She notably played James Dean’s love interest in “Rebel Without a Cause.”

She was married to Wagner twice. They married in 1957, divorced about five years later and remarried in 1972.

Her death has been a long-running mystery in Hollywood. Wagner and Walken, who was filming “Brainstorm” with Wood at the time, reportedly got into an alcohol-fueled argument prior to her death.

Wood is believed to have gone into the master cabin bathroom while they were arguing, but as Wagner was going to bed, he noticed Wood wasn’t there.

“It is believed that the dinghy had gotten loose and Wood came up on deck to tie it up,” when she fell and drowned, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Wood’s aversion to water was famous. She couldn’t swim and once said in a TV interview that her greatest fear was of dark seawater.

The investigation has the support of the Wagner family.

“Although no one in the Wagner family has heard from the LA County Sheriff’s department about this matter, they fully support the efforts of the L.A. County Sheriff’s Dept. and trust they will evaluate whether any new information relating to the death of Natalie Wood Wagner is valid, and that it comes from a credible source or sources other than those simply trying to profit from the 30-year anniversary of her tragic death,” Robert Wagner’s publicist Alan Nierob said in a statement.

Representatives for Walken did not immediately respond to ABCNews.com’s requests for comment.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertai...ld-death-case/

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Investigators reopened the case of Natalie Wood's 1981 drowning after receiving new information they deemed credible enough to warrant another look at one of Hollywood's most enduring mysteries.
    A detective said Friday, however, that the three-time Oscar nominee's husband, actor Robert Wagner, was not a suspect.
    Los Angeles Sheriff's Lt. John Corina said nothing has yet changed the official view that Wood's death in the chilly waters off Southern California's Santa Catalina Island was anything but an accident.
    "Right now, her death is an accidental drowning," Corina said.
    Corina said Friday that two detectives would delve into the case and interview witnesses, including some who have come forward since the announcement a day earlier that the actress' death is being reviewed again.
    Corina declined to say whether all the new information came from Dennis Davern, who was a captain of the yacht that Wagner, Wood and actor Christopher Walken were sharing on Thanksgiving weekend in 1981. Davern said on national television Friday that he lied to investigators about events on the yacht Splendour when he was interviewed after Wood's death.
    Davern accused Wagner of having a fight with Wood before she went missing and delaying the search for her after she went missing from the boat.
    On Nov. 29, 1981, Wood drowned after spending several hours drinking in a yacht with Wagner, fellow actor Christopher Walken and Davern. Davern told NBC's "Today" show on Friday that he made mistakes by not telling the truth about events leading to the death and had urged Los Angeles County sheriff's homicide investigators to reopen the case.
    It is Davern's latest attempt to change the official account of what happened.
    "Was the fight between Natalie Wood and her husband Robert Wagner what ultimately led to her death?" show host David Gregory asked.
    "Yes," Davern replied.
    "How so?"
    "Like I said, that's going to be up to the investigators to decide," the captain said after a long pause.
    Davern said he believes Wagner had intentionally kept the investigation into Wood's death low profile and didn't do everything he could have done. When Gregory pressed Davern for supporting details, he said that was the duty of investigators.
    Davern has said for years that the official account of Wood's disappearance was not what really happened, including in a 1992 appearance on a Geraldo Rivera special and in a 2000 Vanity Fair piece. He also worked with author and friend Marti Rulli on "Goodbye Natalie, Goodbye Splendour," a book released last year.
    Corina said he was not concerned about a 2010 book Davern co-authored on Wood's disappearance, or that the 30-year anniversary of the actress' death.
    Wagner spokesman Alan Nierob said Friday a statement he released Thursday spoke for itself. It said that Wagner's family supports investigators' efforts and trusted that they would evaluate the new information and determine whether it came from "a credible source or sources other than those simply trying to profit from the 30-year anniversary of her tragic death."
    Davern denied he was motivated to speak out for profit.
    Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said Thursday the renewed inquiry was prompted by unspecified new information about the case. The Los Angeles Times reported that Los Angeles Sheriff Lee Baca said detectives want to talk to Davern and that he had "made comments worthy of exploring." The paper said the agency had also received information from an unidentified third party

rest of the article here: Official says Wagner not a suspect in Wood death - Yahoo! Movies
    ~Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information