Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree279Likes

Thread: LANA WOOD: Natalie Wood's death and Robert Wagner's silence

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I think she got into the dinghy to leave because of the fighting (and because these things seem like a good idea when you're drunk), got scared when she was out there, and that's when the yelling started that the people on the other boat heard. Robert knew she was in the dinghy and didn't hurry because he was mad at her, and knew she was scared. I think she fell out, scrambled to get back in it, but drowned. I think Robert feels guilty because he didn't try hard enough or fast enough to get her back into the yacht. Have no idea how Christopher fits into this theory.

i don't think she ever got into the dinghy and I don't think it was ever banging against the side, either. The dinghy had some sort of inflatable guards on it to keep it from doing exactly that. I think the argument ended up on the deck, and Natalie somehow ended up in the water. Whether she slipped or was shoved--probably not intentionally over the side, she went in. The skipper of the yacht said he had the music turned up loud to drown out the fighting, which would account for the loud music that Marilyn Wayne heard on the other yacht. What bothers me is that she and her fiance said that they didn't turn on the lights and go looking because they didn't want to disturb others and it would have taken at least 30 minutes to inflate their own dinghy. But they said the cries they thought were Natalie's went on for at least twenty minutes, so she may have been saved had they acted.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Wow that's so sad that the cries went on for 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancynancy View Post
    But they said the cries they thought were Natalie's went on for at least twenty minutes, so she may have been saved had they acted.
    Maybe it didn't sound serious. You hear drunk people yelling stuff and just dismiss it.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

I just can't imagine her in the actual water and not the dinghy for over 20 minutes.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Bronze Member

The cries were enough that they did seem alarmed--they called the harbor police, but no one ever picked up.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Maybe it didn't sound serious. You hear drunk people yelling stuff and just dismiss it.
    This is why it makes sense to me that she was in the dinghy at first. The people heard the responding voices sounding so dismissive, and I have a hard time believing that Robert would have been so dismissive had Natalie actually been floundering in the water. There may be lots of things I don't know about this case - I'm no expert on it, so of course I could be way off base. But wasn't the dinghy found with marks on it that suggested she was scrabbling at it, trying to get in? Heck, I guess people will be speculating about this forever.

^ I also think she had her coat on because it was cold and all the weight was dragging her down. Poor thing.

maybe i'm a cold hearted bitch but i just can't bring myself to care about a decades old accidental death thar was most likely just the result of people being drunk and stupid...
    when i see the amount of books written and documenatries and how it's turned natalie wood - a middle-aged drunk trying to stay relevant in hollywood - into some tragic legend i'm just like, really???
    i also don't really care that we'll never know exactly what happened that night but i guess that's why i also don't read mysteries or get caught up in real-life murder mysteries like the jon benet case and all that
    Posted from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    maybe i'm a cold hearted bitch but i just can't bring myself to care about a decades old accidental death thar was most likely just the result of people being drunk and stupid...
    when i see the amount of books written and documenatries and how it's turned natalie wood - a middle-aged drunk trying to stay relevant in hollywood - into some tragic legend i'm just like, really???
    I'm with you on this.
    "Oh! I've been looking for a red suede pump!"
    - Marie (Carrie Fisher), When Harry Met Sally

Ummmmm....in case you didn't realize this is a gossip forum.

These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

As is often mentioned, don't click on subjects that don't interest you.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

who said it's not interesting? i think it's interesting the amount of attention this still gets years later, and how the years have turned wood into a tragic hollywood legend. i don't personally get it, but it intrigues me. i'm sure there's stuff that interests me tha most people wouldn't think twice about.
    Posted from my iPhone

Rest in peace Natalie, I really miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i also don't read mysteries or get caught up in real-life murder mysteries like the jon benet case and all that
    Posted from my iPhone
    See, I like that stuff. I'm not so interested in Natalie as I am in the possible conspiracy and the getting-away-with-it possibility.

Bronze Member

I think he has a lot more to tell, but he will take it to his grave.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information