Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 375
Like Tree278Likes

Thread: LANA WOOD: Natalie Wood's death and Robert Wagner's silence

  1. #31
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pookie207 View Post
    I don't know what happened, but I find it hard to believe that with two able bodied men on board, the one who goes out to secure the dinghy is an intoxicated woman in a flimsy night gown! Granted, her judgement may have been off from drinking to even try to go out there but unless the other two were passed out, doesn't make sense.
    They had all been out to dinner,drinking heavily & returned to the boat for more heavy drinking. All of them were crocked.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  2. #32
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    why poor natalie? from all the descriptions, she was a shallow, silly, drunk attention whore, flaunting her lover in front of her husband.
    i'd feel sorry for her if it turned out wagner actually killed her but i seriously doubt it. i think she probably just fell off, in the middle of an argument or by herself. either way, i don't think it was murder. as for her family, they would probably rather believe that he pushed her off and covered it up, than that she was a drunk-ass mess and fell off.
    and yeah, walken probably feels like an ass for getting himself into that situation in the first place.

    Not ALL the descriptions, she was one of the best loved people in Hollywood. When she died Robert Wise said that no one's death had rocked the town ever, like hers did. I don't believe she was drunk and fell off, she probably did have more to drink than she should have,but I'll never believe the events unfolded the way Wagner says they did.

  3. #33
    Gold Member Classic Broad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    Well maybe she jumped.
    No way. She had a pathological fear of drowning in dark water.

  4. #34
    Super Moderator twitchy2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milliways
    Posts
    55,945

    Default

    What's wood but doesn't float?
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    "What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

  5. #35
    Elite Member Novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beyond Caring, then hang a left.
    Posts
    42,280

    Default

    Bad twitchy!
    Free Charmed.

  6. #36
    Super Moderator twitchy2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milliways
    Posts
    55,945

    Default

    *whistles innocently*
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    "What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

  7. #37
    Elite Member Laurent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Out There
    Posts
    38,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    What's wood but doesn't float?
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

  8. #38
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    155

    Default

    The book was called Coroner and was by Thomas Noguchi. it's actually a fascinating book, reads more like a mystery. he's even more interesting on the subject of Marilyn Monroe.

    heres an old time magazine article on it i think?
    The last hours of Natalie Wood - TIME

  9. #39
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    213

    Default

    I don't believe Walken was Natalie's lover. More like Wagner's lover.

  10. #40
    Elite Member NoNoRehab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    LYNWOOD JAIL
    Posts
    2,993

    Default

    What always haunts me is the testimony from people on a nearby boat who heard splashing and a woman yelling for help at the location of the Valiant. Then they heard a drunken male voice reply, "Okay, honey, we'll come get you," and laughter. Because of the drunken man's reaction they thought people might be joking around, but were bothered enough by the cries for help to turn on a light to search the water (they found nothing of course).

    Plus there's the captain's account of how Wagner suspicious Wagner acted and how Wagner panicked and tried to lawyer up the captain and get him to not cooperate with the authorities.

    I'll always believe that what happened is that Walken and Wagner fought (for whatever reason) and then Natalie freaked. The night before her death Natalie had made the captain take her in the dinghy to the shore after a supposed fight with RJ. I think after they came back they fought again (over what, who knows) and she fell overboard. I tend to think she wasn't pushed but accidentally fell overboard, but I think Wagner saw it and was too drunk and angry to help her (thus what the ear witnesses heard). He went back inside, leaving Natalie in the water, then when he came back to finally help her she was gone. Then he sobered up enough to freak at what he'd done.

  11. #41
    Elite Member Novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beyond Caring, then hang a left.
    Posts
    42,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iamnoone View Post
    The book was called Coroner and was by Thomas Noguchi. it's actually a fascinating book, reads more like a mystery. he's even more interesting on the subject of Marilyn Monroe.

    heres an old time magazine article on it i think?
    The last hours of Natalie Wood - TIME
    i disagree, I read it 20 yrs ago & even then thought is was fairly crap.
    Free Charmed.

  12. #42
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Hey Novice! It's been a LONG TIME since I read it. i know a sheriff said he felt noguchi exaggerated or twisted facts in one or 2 places to make the book more interesting/exciting/sell.

  13. #43
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    What always haunts me is the testimony from people on a nearby boat who heard splashing and a woman yelling for help at the location of the Valiant. Then they heard a drunken male voice reply, "Okay, honey, we'll come get you," and laughter. Because of the drunken man's reaction they thought people might be joking around, but were bothered enough by the cries for help to turn on a light to search the water (they found nothing of course).

    Plus there's the captain's account of how Wagner suspicious Wagner acted and how Wagner panicked and tried to lawyer up the captain and get him to not cooperate with the authorities.

    I'll always believe that what happened is that Walken and Wagner fought (for whatever reason) and then Natalie freaked. The night before her death Natalie had made the captain take her in the dinghy to the shore after a supposed fight with RJ. I think after they came back they fought again (over what, who knows) and she fell overboard. I tend to think she wasn't pushed but accidentally fell overboard, but I think Wagner saw it and was too drunk and angry to help her (thus what the ear witnesses heard). He went back inside, leaving Natalie in the water, then when he came back to finally help her she was gone. Then he sobered up enough to freak at what he'd done.


    The new book Goodbye Natalie Goodbye Splendour has a good theory on what happened, and this is the version i believe. Wagner admitted to smashing a wine bottle in anger over the attention Walken was paying to Natalie and her to him. He folowed her down to her cabin and all hell broke loose. Shortly thereafter Natalie was missing. I'm not saying he purposely killed her, but I strongly thinbk he is lying about the night she died.

  14. #44
    Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    you already know.
    Posts
    44,442

    Default

    wow, thats fucked up.

  15. #45
    Elite Member Lobelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    a backwards hillbilly state
    Posts
    20,801

    Default

    I think she got into the dinghy to leave because of the fighting (and because these things seem like a good idea when you're drunk), got scared when she was out there, and that's when the yelling started that the people on the other boat heard. Robert knew she was in the dinghy and didn't hurry because he was mad at her, and knew she was scared. I think she fell out, scrambled to get back in it, but drowned. I think Robert feels guilty because he didn't try hard enough or fast enough to get her back into the yacht. Have no idea how Christopher fits into this theory.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

    Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: September 11th, 2009, 10:48 AM
  2. Replies: 67
    Last Post: January 8th, 2009, 11:26 AM
  3. Replies: 27
    Last Post: February 3rd, 2008, 06:58 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: April 17th, 2007, 07:49 PM
  5. Robert Frost - 'Two Roads Diverged in a Yellow Wood...'
    By ourmaninBusan in forum Books and Literature
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: March 4th, 2006, 08:14 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •