Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree281Likes

Thread: LANA WOOD: Natalie Wood's death and Robert Wagner's silence

Was Christopher Walken just starting out? Maybe he was flattered by the attentions of both of them. I didn't know he left a wife behind but it's all showbiz. And because of that, there's no point ascribing any social mores to these people. First, it's Hollywood and secondly, it was the early 1980s when anything goes.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Walken was in his late 30s and had already won a best supporting Oscar for The Deer Hunter. But he wasn't old Hollywood like Natalie and RJ, so yeah maybe he was flattered.

He had also been in Annie Hall, another best picture winner. This scene always cracked me up. Sorry all you Woody Allen haters.

These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Was Christopher Walken just starting out? Maybe he was flattered by the attentions of both of them. I didn't know he left a wife behind but it's all showbiz. And because of that, there's no point ascribing any social mores to these people. First, it's Hollywood and secondly, it was the early 1980s when anything goes.
    I'm kind of curious about Walken's marriage. He will be married 50 years to her next year. Supposedly, very quiet unassuming woman who he met on the set of a movie. Never had kids. Big cat lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I'm kind of curious about Walken's marriage. He will be married 50 years to her next year. Supposedly, very quiet unassuming woman who he met on the set of a movie. Never had kids. Big cat lovers.
    I like his cooking show.

Christopher Walken has a cooking show?!?
    sprynkles and SHELLEE like this.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    Christopher Walken has a cooking show?!?
    Youtube. Just search Christopher Walken cooking and the different episodes pop up. Example:

Note: debate as to if it's actually him
    darksithbunny likes this.

I don't like Walken's version. How did he know there was a dinghy bouncing against the side of her room, and if it was know the noise was bothering her, why didn't any of the men offer to help move it?

The captain claims that neither the dinghy nor the steps were on the same side of the boat as Natalie's bedroom so that wasn't possible, and supposedly there are photos of the boat to prove that. Ocean charts also supposedly show that the water that night was still and there's no reason why the dinghy would be "banging around" either.

Also no one has explained why Natalie would try to fix the dinghy in the dark when the night before, when she fought with Wagner and wanted to flee, she made the captain leave the boat and get the dinghy for her, drive her to the island in the dinghy and spend the night on the island to drive her back. Certainly she didn't seem to give a shit about "bothering" or waking the captain who was their employee, nor was there any explanation for why she would go from not wanting to touch the dinghy herself to all of a sudden being content to go standing on slippery steps in the middle of the night in only her nightgown and coat to "fix it."
    Brookie, Mrs P, dexter7 and 3 others like this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Yeah the captain claims and he isn't believable IMO.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

It was a very chauvinistic time so I can believe neither of them GAF about whether she was scared of water, had anxiety, was drunk etc. whether married to her or not. I bet her opinions and her state of mind didn't count for very much at all.

The Vanity Fair article about the subject is very revealing. The author was able to review the original police reports which recaps Walken's interview. To the police, Walken backed up the captain's story rather than Wagner. Both Wagner and the captain described an argument between Wood and Wagner while Wagner claimed everything was hunky dory and Natalie simply went back to bed.

Walken's first interview:

“After they were aboard the boat he and Robert Wagner got into a small beef. He left the cabin and went outside on deck for a few minutes, when he returned victim [Wood] was sitting there and she seemed to be disturbed. He recalled she then went to her room and he thought she had gone to bed. He next remembered the captain dennis make [sic] a remark ‘the dinghy is gone.’”
    His second"

They were in the salon talking; he [Walken] stated they had all been drinking and they had one of those conversation [sic] going were [sic]—and he used the reference—“you put all your cards on the table.” RJ was making statements and complaining that she was away from home too much. She was away from the kids, it was hurting their home life. Mr. Walken stated he also got involved with discussion supporting the victim’s views—she was an actress, she was an important person, this was her life. He suddenly realized he was violating his own view about getting involved in an argument between a man and a wife. He stepped outside for some air and when he returned, everybody was apologizing, particularly Robert Wagner and everything seemed fine.

I don't see where either of those statements adds anything to the current investigation.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I don't see where either of those statements adds anything to the current investigation.
    No one says it does. The authorities have not divulged what prompted the new investigation so no one here knows.

What the quotes from the original police reports show are the shoddiness of the original investigation. Despite a marked inconsistency between the stories of the captain and Christopher Walken vs. Robert Wagner, the only three witnesses on the boat, the police closed the investigation less than two weeks after Natalie's death. The police interviewed Wagner for about five minutes then terminated it because he was "too emotional." His second interview about the night several days later was barely any longer. (BTW two lawyers hired by Wagner "accompanied" the captain to his police interviews).

The story about Natalie getting into her coat and going to "fix" the dinghy was not told to the police, it was written years later in Wagner's autobiography. Both Walken and the captain told police about Natalie and the captain using the dinghy to stay on the island the night previous after she had an argument with Wagner; Wagner told police Natalie stayed on the island due to "rough seas" frightening her. (So according to Wagner, the seas were rough enough for Natalie to leave the boat the night before, but then the next night when the rough seas were slapping the dinghy around she overcame her fear and decided to go exploring on the slippery boat steps in the middle of the night). Staff on the island told police that Natalie inquired repeatedly about how to catch the ferry back to the mainland (California).

Staff told police about the foursome having dinner on the island that night and getting drunk and an altercation which resulted in Natalie (and perhaps also Walken) smashing glasses that night. The waitress who served them told police about how Wagner put his coat over Natalie while they were leaving. The captain said Natalie did not want to go back on the boat but felt she couldn't leave Walken. Harbor police watched them get aboard their dinghy because they were causing a scene - one of them told the police that Natalie screamed when being put aboard the dinghy.

Both Walken and the captain said that aboard the boat, all four continued to drink and Wagner and Wood proceeded to get into a fight where Wagner accused Wood of prioritizing her career over her kids. Walken defended Wood for a bit then said he decided he shouldn't get involved in a married couple's business and went onto the deck for awhile. Natalie left to go to her room, Walken returned then announced he was going to bed. Wagner, however, falsely claimed that he and Walken were together the entire time in the salon and that Natalie went to bed in Walken's presence, THEN Walken went out onto the deck, then Walken returned to talk with Wagner for the entire time until Wagner got up to "check on Nat" and discovered her missing.

There are massive holes in Wagner's story that the original police should have investigated. Why did they not refute Wagner's claims of being with Walken the entire time, when both Walken and the captain supported each other's stories of Walken going to bed? Why did Wagner deny all the accounts of arguments that weekend from various witnesses? Why, if Wagner noticed Natalie was missing from her room, did he stand by while the captain searched the boat? When they noticed the dinghy was gone, why did Wagner tell the captain not to turn on the searchlights (it was a moonless, starless sky)? If Natalie went out to fix the dinghy's line, what light was she using when it was pitch black and the boat's outside lights were off? Why did Wagner refuse the captain's offer to drive around the bay and look for the dinghy? If Wagner first noticed Natalie missing from the boat at around 12:45 am (as he told police) why did the first distress call not come in until 45 minutes later at about 1:30 am?

The only issue the police pressed Wagner on was why there was smashed glass in the boat's salon (Wagner claimed it was due to "rough seas").
    rollo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    The captain claims that neither the dinghy nor the steps were on the same side of the boat as Natalie's bedroom so that wasn't possible, and supposedly there are photos of the boat to prove that. Ocean charts also supposedly show that the water that night was still and there's no reason why the dinghy would be "banging around" either.

Also no one has explained why Natalie would try to fix the dinghy in the dark when the night before, when she fought with Wagner and wanted to flee, she made the captain leave the boat and get the dinghy for her, drive her to the island in the dinghy and spend the night on the island to drive her back. Certainly she didn't seem to give a shit about "bothering" or waking the captain who was their employee, nor was there any explanation for why she would go from not wanting to touch the dinghy herself to all of a sudden being content to go standing on slippery steps in the middle of the night in only her nightgown and coat to "fix it."[/COLOR]
    I never knew they'd already had a fight the night before as well. Wow, that must've been a fun weekend even BEFORE Wood went missing! Tsk.
    Lofty Bike likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Too bad Natalie didn't just leave and go home after the first night.

Had she ever done a stint in rehab? I know you didn't always hear about it back in the day when celebs went somewhere to dry out.

More interestingly, since they are still alive... Has RJ? Christopher Walken? (done time in rehab)
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

They are not going to admit it unless they are caught acting out on camera. Even then, half the stars who go to "rehab" are just lying low or in and out in a couple of days.

Thread Information