Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree279Likes

Thread: LANA WOOD: Natalie Wood's death and Robert Wagner's silence

I don't think RJ's version ever made sense and why doesn't Christopher Walken talk? There was obviously a cover up and I think the whole family (sister, daughters and parents) deserved answers.

Christopher Walken probably feels guilty for causing the argument that led to her death. I don't think I'd talk about it either.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Shes just after money. jmo.

I do not however believe Wagner's story. I never did. Sad.

why poor natalie? from all the descriptions, she was a shallow, silly, drunk attention whore, flaunting her lover in front of her husband.
    i'd feel sorry for her if it turned out wagner actually killed her but i seriously doubt it. i think she probably just fell off, in the middle of an argument or by herself. either way, i don't think it was murder. as for her family, they would probably rather believe that he pushed her off and covered it up, than that she was a drunk-ass mess and fell off.
    and yeah, walken probably feels like an ass for getting himself into that situation in the first place.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^^ I don't feel sorry for her either, she always struck me as vapid and something else I couldn't quite put my finger on, but it didn't make her likeable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    I don't necessarily agree she should keep quiet and let it go, but waiting so long and then agreeing to be interviewed for a story like this for money makes her seem less reliable. If all she'd wanted was to get the information out there, she could've been doing that all along, couldn't she?
    It does make her seem less reliable... but there is also the "if you say anything I'll ruin you in this town"-type of threat from RW since he's a producer... I could see him doing that if he's been ruthless enough to cover up manslaughter for however many years it is...

Is the boat captain still alive? I don't understand why Lana didn't tell the police what he reported & why they didn't interview him (although she might have covered it & I just didn't read it?).
    Free Charmed.

Christoper Walken was just starting out in the business and he was their guest. I don't think Natalie had to "flaunt" anything.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i feel sorry for b/c of her childhood lost basically to her mother's ambitions. her life reminds me of Judy Garland's in many ways.

She seemed to be fine though in her last years, I mean it can be accomplished. look at Drew Barrymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    As for the clothes, I wouldn't have wanted them either. Clothes are too personal and would've driven me mad, so I would've kept a few special things and gotten rid of the rest ASAP.
    My thinking with the clothes is if she didn't want them, she could have let Robert keep them for Natalie's daughter(s) instead of just selling them off. Or held onto them herself to pass on to her nieces when they got older.
    "Oh! I've been looking for a red suede pump!"
    - Marie (Carrie Fisher), When Harry Met Sally

folks in my family always say let by gones be by gones. or leave the past in the past.
    another year i claim of total indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    i feel sorry for b/c of her childhood lost basically to her mother's ambitions. her life reminds me of Judy Garland's in many ways.

She seemed to be fine though in her last years, I mean it can be accomplished. look at Drew Barrymore!
    I feel sorry for Natalie because she was pimped out from grade school and was pretty much worked like a dog. Fortunately, she liked what she did and was good at it. Her last moments may not have reflected well on her, but she was drunk and so were her companions. I can't pretend to know the story behind her death, but my guess is the truth lies somewhere between Robert Wagner's version and Dennis Davern's version
    isis1965 likes this.
    Who says being second best is such a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Little Wombat View Post
    My thinking with the clothes is if she didn't want them, she could have let Robert keep them for Natalie's daughter(s) instead of just selling them off. Or held onto them herself to pass on to her nieces when they got older.
    You have some good points. I thought about that possibility, too--saving the clothes for the daughters. Personally, I probably would've culled the more important pieces and set those aside for the girls, but if I'd needed the money, why not sell the rest? If I hadn't needed the money, donating them would be an option, but I'm not sure when using famous people's clothing to raise money became a common practice--I'm thinking it's something recent (?).

I'll bet Natalie Wood had a shitload of clothes, and it's not necessarily easy or inexpensive to properly maintain a collection of garments.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Well maybe she jumped. I remember reading about when she was dating Elvis (from some book by one of his hanger-ons Probably) and threatened to jump out a window or some such craziness. It was supposedly common knowledge amongst their circle that she was "crazier than a shithouse rat" and Elvis' response was something all non-chalant like "She's not gonna jump".

Anyway, it's entirely possible her crazy, drunk (and gawd knows what else) ass went to the edge of the boat and started threatening to jump just to fuck with RJ and then "whoops" fell overboard.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

The biggest thing Wagner has going against him in Natalie's death is
    the fact that he didn't alarm anybody until 3 hours after they discovered
    she wasn't on the boat anymore.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Gold Member

I don't know what happened, but I find it hard to believe that with two able bodied men on board, the one who goes out to secure the dinghy is an intoxicated woman in a flimsy night gown! Granted, her judgement may have been off from drinking to even try to go out there but unless the other two were passed out, doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by pookie207 View Post
    I don't know what happened, but I find it hard to believe that with two able bodied men on board, the one who goes out to secure the dinghy is an intoxicated woman in a flimsy night gown! Granted, her judgement may have been off from drinking to even try to go out there but unless the other two were passed out, doesn't make sense.
    I agree it doesn't sense, but people who are extremely intoxicated often do things that don't make sense.
    Who says being second best is such a bad thing?

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information