Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Lady Gaga Engaged to Taylor Kinney

A*O

I hate the ring too, especially the super tacky initials which apart from anything else must be very uncomfortable? I'm projecting because I'm jellus.

Also, where does an obscure actor get half a million bucks to pay for it? I bet from Gaga.
    sluce, witchcurlgirl, JWL and 2 others like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Ugly ring.
    JWL likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by suzy83 View Post
    Someone's jealous. Did you get dumped?
    Oh lawdy! Do we have a Stan on board? For the record I think the ring sucks too. I hate the heart shape and the twee heart bisected initials underneath. I look at it and I think of some plastic crap that you might get in a princess dress up set for little girls. And no, I've not been dumped nor am I jealous of her or her man (he does as much for me as the ring does). I simply think it's a sucky piece of jewellery that, personally speaking, I really wouldn't want.

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    My boyfriend is hotter than me and I do worry about it sometimes, but eh, if he would rather date a model and take a steep dive in all other relationship categories, he's welcome to. If you work as a couple, who gives a shit if you're not completely well-suited looks wise.
    Ms Levitt, you and I and Flygirl are really going to have to have a long, long talk sometime, most of which will be spent trying to get some sense in to you.

levitt and funky_chicken like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I want that teddy bear.
    Kittylady likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I had a boyfriend when I was in my 20's who was way hotter than me and it sucked (in public that is).
    But I don't think Lady Gaga has to worry that he's not in her league, she's Lady Gaga, wildly rich and pretty enough with a decent body. I think she could do even better, even though he's hot.

I can't remember now, but did Streisand have people saying the her guys were too goodlooking for her when she was with Ryan O'Neal, Don Johnson, and James Brolin?

LOL. Don't believe Madge said it either or Melanie Griffiths etc. Power is held in a number of ways.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Amen!

We used to be 50/50, until the kid. I should say 50/50 in our own way. I've always done more stuff around the house and he always paid for more of the bills.

Now, I'm pretty much 100% of the stuff in the house because he's 100% the person who brings in all the money I can't complain and neither can he.
    That is what we did.
    Coffee is my happy drug

I had a guy who was way above my belt looks wise, and I loved being out and about with him. 6'4", dark thick hair, light blue eyes, great face, broad build... my god, the fact that he was mine for a while? It's only proper to show that off. I still look at photos of him and just say, "GodDAMN, I had that." I'm really only saying this because it's halfway relevant and I had to toss out a brag since I don't get the high of going out with him anymore... But yeah, w/e reasons they're in it (money, fame, ego, looks, love, etc) it's probably a mutual understanding and if they're both willing to wear a hideous ring to declare it then eh, good for them.
    levitt likes this.

^ When I was going out with my hot dude and brought him to functions, everybody, and I mean everybody, told me, "Wow, your boyfriend is really good looking." And I'd say, "Thanks." Then they'd say, "No, he's REALLY good looking." Then eye me up and down and it made me feel like shit. They couldn't help themselves. I'd much rather be the better looking one in a relationship, at least in public. I went on Weight Watchers when I was with him and lost 15 lbs, so that helped with the comments, but I was still incredibly insecure. I broke up with him, he was bipolar and I put up with it way too long because he was so good looking. I might have told this story before, I've been on GR so long I'm repeating myself!

ETA: I never told this one before. We went up for a reunion to my college and we went out with all my friends and at a bar he played the piano and made up a hilarious song (very talented musically) and all my friends were fawning all over him telling me how lucky I was. But by the end of the weekend everybody HATED him and we had to sneak away, it was humiliating. But I stayed of course, did I say he was hot? He looked like a hotter Adrien Brody, even had a crooked nose.
    Last edited by llamamama; February 24th, 2015 at 05:37 PM.

^That's so incredibly rude!! I got the "he's so good-looking" "wow, he's really hot" stuff but without the passive aggressive snobbery (or maybe I did get it, but just didn't notice/care). Now that it's over I'd prefer being the better looking one as well, though, for something serious.

When I was in college, I worked in a video store. One of the regular customers was a stay-at-home mom. Very nice and very funny. She looked a little like Gilda Radner's Lisa Loobner character. But her husband was a doctor and was so good looking that he looked like a soap opera version of a doctor. His wife told me that everyone who met her for the first time thought she was his sister when she would introduce herself because they thought there was no way that someone who looked like her could be married to someone like him.

A*O

I've had a couple of really good looking bf's and I admit I enjoyed the envious kudos from my jellus friends for a while. But they weren't relationship material. #1 had plenty between his legs but nothing between his ears and #2 was the opposite. Yes, I'm that shallow.
    BITTER likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

One of my exes thought that he was God's Gift. He thought that he looked like Jason Momoa.

(Only if Jason Momoa was viewed through someone elses prescription lenses and a bottle of vodka.)
    BITTER likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

^Mine looked like a dark-haired Ryan McPartlin, if I can just throw that out there...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information