Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree229Likes

Thread: Lady Antebellum changes name to Lady A, denounce former name's association to slavery

Elite Member

So this guy taught SexEd at my all girls’ Catholic HS. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_B._Spencer

He was a weird dude that was Uber Catholic. He married while I attended school. Like 5 years later he and the wife had a whole tribe of kids.
    sputnik likes this.

^oh, he's a lovely piece of work.
    czb likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    So this guy taught SexEd at my all girls’ Catholic HS. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_B._Spencer

He was a weird dude that was Uber Catholic. He married while I attended school. Like 5 years later he and the wife had a whole tribe of kids.
    holy fucking shit.
    Robert Bruce Spencer is an American anti-Muslim[1][2][3][4] author and blogger. Spencer describes himself as "the 'good' kind of Islamophobe".[5] His published books include two New York Times bestsellers.
    In 2003 he founded and has since directed a blog that tracks Islamic extremism known as Jihad Watch. He co-founded the anti-Muslim group Stop Islamization of America (American Freedom Defense Initiative) with blogger Pamela Geller.[6] Reports that two of Spencer's books were listed in FBI training materials and that he had given seminars to various law enforcement units in the United States stirred controversy.[1][7] He has frequently appeared on Fox News.[8] In 2013 the UK Home Office barred Spencer from travel to the UK for 3 to 5 years for "making statements that may foster hatred that might lead to inter-community violence"
    Anders Breivik, the Norwegian spree killer behind the 2011 Norway terrorist attacks which killed 77, cited Spencer 64 times in his manifesto and wrote of him, "About Islam I recommend essentially everything written by Robert Spencer."[18][27] Spencer condemned Breivik and said he was unfairly blamed by the media for the attack.[28][19]
    Waterslide likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    holy fucking shit.
    Scary dude! He also taught religion and music. I had him for music and he was just obnoxious in so many ways.

We were just discussing him recently on FB and the girls that had him for religion (think he taught New Testament for freshmen along with someone else) don’t recall him being overtly Islamophobic or anti Semitic.

Some recalled his discussion about a woman being “sticky” during sexual arousal. I’m kind of glad I had a nun who used props, as embarrassing as that may be to a 14-15 year old it certainly sounded better than “sticky lectures”.
    sputnik likes this.

czb

ew

Lady Antebellum Sues the Singer Lady A Over Name Change

The platinum-selling country group’s new name was already being used by a blues singer. Now they’re asking a court to affirm “a trademark we have held for many years.”

By: Joe Cascarelli

When the country trio Lady Antebellum announced last month that it would change its Civil War-referencing band name to Lady A out of respect for Black people, the group credited the widespread protests against police brutality for revealing “blind spots we didn’t even know existed.”

Barely a day later, another blind spot made itself known: Anita White, a blues singer and Black woman, had been using the stage name Lady A for over 20 years. “This is my life,” she said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/08/a...a-lawsuit.html

If Lady A has been using that name for over 20 years and Lady Antebellum had that trademark since 2006, wouldn't Lady A be in the right here?

^^^They are activly trying career suicide, or?
    I find no other explanation for their behaviour.

Seriously. They look like complete and utter jackasses.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Elite Member

Really, way to come off as entitled and thinking you're above others.

Did their "closest black friends" advise them to sue someone who has (rightfully, because her name is Anita, not some madeup BS name) used the name Lady A for 20 years? "The Karen Band" would be the perfect name for them.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

^^^ Yeah, or Lady K.
    ConstanceSpry and mostroop like this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information